Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiracle View Post
    I'll chip in here and say go with at least a H67 board. Later down the road you'll be able to pick up an Ivy Bridge CPU so you can hold off on the whole 'replace everything' thing a bit longer.
    Rather take low end CPU (like i3-2100) and P67 motherboard. You can easily upgrade CPU later and overclock it then. With H67 board you're forced to change motherboard first before you can OC, and difference in games between i3-2100 and i5-2500 is not that big.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Rather take low end CPU (like i3-2100) and P67 motherboard. You can easily upgrade CPU later and overclock it then. With H67 board you're forced to change motherboard first before you can OC, and difference in games between i3-2100 and i5-2500 is not that big.
    Hence why I said at least a H67. If he/she never plans on overclocking then there really isn't any reason to get the P67. H67 is the bare minimum in order to get an Ivy Bridge when those are available later down the road.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiracle View Post
    Hence why I said at least a H67. If he/she never plans on overclocking then there really isn't any reason to get the P67. H67 is the bare minimum in order to get an Ivy Bridge when those are available later down the road.
    Paraphrasing what I wrote into another thread today:

Even if you aren't planning on doing OC today, in three years from now you probably will. There's at least one thread every day where the first recommendation to boost fps on old junk computer is trying to overclock it. Not preparing for that is shooting yourself in the foot for $10 saved today.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well as much as I like getting into 'get the last word in' battles on forums...
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Deleted
    i7 2600k @ 4.9 GHz
    Sapphire HD 5870 Vapor-X OC
    8 GB RAM 1600 MHz
    10/10 MB cable connection

Still going down to 10-20 FPS during some parts in 25-man firelands on low settings =/

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Two Sheds View Post
    i7 2600k @ 4.9 GHz
    8 GB RAM 1600 MHz

Still going down to 10-20 FPS during some parts in 25-man firelands on low settings =/
    I'd guess that you have a software/driver problem somewhere. My i5 2500k @ 4.6GHz with Radeon 5770 doesn't dip that low at any point in Firelands at higher settings (max, minus shadows and some flora options, 4xAA, 8xAF). Both your CPU and GPU are a step up from mine.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Two Sheds View Post
    i7 2600k @ 4.9 GHz
    8 GB RAM 1600 MHz

-Update video card driver
    -Install motherboard drivers
    -Update add ons