Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    10-man Disc priest - Troll or goblin

    As the topic says, which one is actually better? Goblin or troll?

  2. #2
    A cooldown that boosts your haste on a 3min cd vs 1% spell haste all the time.

    What do you think is more useful, having a higher standing efficient throughput, or an emergency throughput cooldown?

    Being able to berserk is raid saving. Any math comparing the two numerically aside.

    And, as it turns out if you popped berserking on C/D you'd get an average of 1.1% haste from it. But, as is the nature of cooldowns we save them until we can make GOOD use of them, so it's not really worth quite that much. Maybe 0.7%. Someone out there has a good argument about goblin being better, but I have always said troll for healers, goblin for dps.

    Cheers,

  3. #3
    High Overlord Mikayo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    164
    In terms of just healing output/rate of output troll is probably better for the reasons Zak listed.

    I wouldn't underestimate goblin's rocket jump though; it has saved my life more than a few times (some situations being avoidable, others not) so it depends on what you're basing your 'better' assessment on.
    Kyx | Odyssey of Mug'thol

  4. #4
    Dreadlord myhv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Aalborg
    Posts
    990
    Apart from goblins just being more awesome, listen to what Mika says. No matter how nice zerker might be "when used right" you still need to get to the point where you can use it. And a dead healer can save no lives. And saving aside, it helps you in many other ways. It will actually lift you above the ground, so you can jump over many kinds of "fire". Most recent example would be on shanox this week, when i had rageface switch on me on rather hight amount of stacks and was about to renew them, but I've as able to RJ over a trap right past the dog and get it trapped.
    Ashes to ashes, fade and rust, your mind be broken, your body to dust

  5. #5
    Also the goblin 1% haste is static, which means the more haste you have the more haste you get. It may not be much but it does add up, also rocket jump is a big plus.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Dathorize View Post
    Also the goblin 1% haste is static, which means the more haste you have the more haste you get. It may not be much but it does add up, also rocket jump is a big plus.
    Rocket Jump is yes.

    How does 1% haste mean that you "get more, the more you get"?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

  7. #7
    I think what he meant was that the more you have before you add a multiplication algorithm, the more you'll get as an end result.

    But we're not adding cast time, we're subtracting. Thus the confusion.
    Last edited by Juber; 2011-08-27 at 12:31 PM.

  8. #8
    Mechagnome Veiled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    538
    TLDR: Either is great.

    MoP Guides, Raiding and Pre-Raiding BiS Lists, Theorycrafting, Healing/DPS Help & More!

  9. #9
    Usually i use divine hymn with berserk getting 8ticks . 8x3=24

  10. #10
    dont forget the 5% extra int for a goblin.

    as int is king, il be keeping my goblin thanks, 142k buffed mana

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryManaLow View Post
    dont forget the 5% extra int for a goblin.

    as int is king, il be keeping my goblin thanks, 142k buffed mana
    Eeeh, What?

  12. #12
    Yeah,w hat exactly? Goblins don't have extra Intellect. At all.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by manos View Post
    Usually i use divine hymn with berserk getting 8ticks . 8x3=24
    You use berserking to get you an extra 8k mana? That's almost 2 PoH.
    Sacrelige.

    Throughput cooldowns are for throughput. People that use them for mana return are missing out.

  14. #14
    Did BEs go outta style horde side?

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by zakaluka View Post
    You use berserking to get you an extra 8k mana? That's almost 2 PoH.
    Sacrelige.

    Throughput cooldowns are for throughput. People that use them for mana return are missing out.
    divine hymn is the priest tranquility. you are thinking of hymn of hope.

    Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-] View Post
    Did BEs go outta style horde side?
    when their racial sucks compared to the extra throughput of trolls/goblins, yes, they go out of style.
    Last edited by diablo85; 2011-08-29 at 05:15 AM.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by diablo85 View Post
    when their racial sucks compared to the extra throughput of trolls/goblins, yes, they go out of style.
    Eh, I would disagree, the extra haste you get from Troll/Goblin is barely enough to warrant going either way, the throughput of both is pretty equal but now the problem comes in long sustaining battles then BE's do come out on top as 6% mana back every 2 minutes, on my priest that translates to 7300mana every 2 minutes so over the course of say... Ragnaro's I get about 28,000 mana back which is in my mind pretty damn decent if you add the other mana regen CD's on to is as well.

    (Oh and I was a goblin for a bit and then troll and really neither made a huge impact on my throughput, unless I was Shadow then Troll did come out on top but seeing as I never roll Shadow then BE was the best choice)

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Verth Aeyta View Post
    Eh, I would disagree, the extra haste you get from Troll/Goblin is barely enough to warrant going either way, the throughput of both is pretty equal but now the problem comes in long sustaining battles then BE's do come out on top as 6% mana back every 2 minutes, on my priest that translates to 7300mana every 2 minutes so over the course of say... Ragnaro's I get about 28,000 mana back which is in my mind pretty damn decent if you add the other mana regen CD's on to is as well.
    I wonder what 28,000 mana over the course of Ragnaros equates to as HSTr using SPI as the conversion? I'm more curious that actually making any sort of argument.

  18. #18
    High Overlord Mikayo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    164
    Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-] View Post
    Did BEs go outta style horde side?
    Personally, I was tired of looking like our holy paladins and I didn't need the mana from AT.
    Kyx | Odyssey of Mug'thol

  19. #19
    My priest is currently a BE (mostly for looks, I've always "RP"'d her as a high-elf) and I do love the on-demand Mana. However, I would totally considering switching her to a Goblin for Rocket Boots- there are just so many situations where it's useful.

    As always, though, racial abilities are best viewed as a "bonus" and are (likely) not mandatory unless you're trying to absolutely min/max your character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urti
    No, they (new-gen gamers) are happy. Never happier than when they are crying loudly about the injustices of voluntary forms of entertainment.

  20. #20
    bleh, totally misread a tooltip, my bad

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •