Deleted

Monitor suggestion

So I've just bought my new computer rig and now need a monitor to go with it, however I need some help finalizing my decision.

Currently looking at:

https://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Moni...roductId=43898

Have a budget of around £200 ($320)

I've been advised to look at some of the 3D ready monitors with 120hz refresh rate, but to be quite frank, I have no idea what brands, refresh rate, contrast ratio are good or bad.

Help a brother out

Thanks in advance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Should go with a Dell IPS Panel Monitor instead... like this

http://accessories.euro.dell.com/sna...dt1&sku=613463

Definitely get a dell ultrasharp.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Deleted
    Trust Dell to put their excl VAT/Shipping price. £200 I would have done. £260 after all that crap

Quote Originally Posted by Rhixion View Post
    Trust Dell to put their excl VAT/Shipping price. £200 I would have done. £260 after all that crap
    Trust the European Union to put stupidly high taxes on everything.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithes View Post
    Should go with a Dell IPS Panel Monitor instead... like this

http://accessories.euro.dell.com/sna...dt1&sku=613463
    saithes do you personally own that model? I ordered it bout a week ago but my pc isnt here yet im anxious to find out how people think itll do but cant find any in depth review especially with the switch to wled backlight

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lascard View Post
    saithes do you personally own that model? I ordered it bout a week ago but my pc isnt here yet im anxious to find out how people think itll do but cant find any in depth review especially with the switch to wled backlight
    Sadly I don't own the U2312hm, but I own its older brother the U2311H.

dang alright, id want to inform people on how good it is but itll probably be biased since its my first decent monitor and i havent owned the u2311h to compare it with. how do i tell if the whites/blacks are how theyre supposed to be? and what bout monitor calibration software (is it worth it?) sorry for the questions im not that great with monitors as i said

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lascard View Post
    dang alright, id want to inform people on how good it is but itll probably be biased since its my first decent monitor and i havent owned the u2311h to compare it with. how do i tell if the whites/blacks are how theyre supposed to be? and what bout monitor calibration software (is it worth it?) sorry for the questions im not that great with monitors as i said
    Software doesn't really do much simply because it relies on the users eyes usually.. The only way to properly calibrate a monitor is using hardware calibration. I compared my U2311H to a TN Panel LG Monitor I bought before and a TN Panel Samsung.

ah i see, do you think getting the necessary hardware for the calibration is worth it? if so, do you have any good ones that come to mind?

I wouldn't bother getting any calibration stuff for the U2312, it's one of the new 6bit IPS panels so colors aren't as good as a true 8bit panel.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2