Page 1 of 2
LastLast

MW3: Worth the money?

Me and my buddy are lightly contemplating on buying MW3. My friend said it's going to be their most balanced online yet, but I don't know what source he gets this info from but he is a big buff on checking the gaming websites and getting quotes from devs and what not so I believe him. Doesn't mean I believe them, though.

I want the support that treyarch gave throughout BO. People hated the ak74, they patched it, people hated the famas, they patched it, people hated not getting kills thanks to 2nd chance, they patched it. Instead Infinity Ward left us with a shithole that is MW2, leagues and leagues below a quality game such as MW1. With imo no significant patches or updates.

The game looks remarkably similar to MW2 which makes me cringe but if they can balance the guns it should be alright. The kill streak system sounds a lot better, I like the perk streaks where you get kills you get perks but they reset when you die. Reminds me of the old format where you pick up your perks and guns as you run through the map but this time you don't have to start out with some shitty scorpion or something.

I am probably going to wait and get some reviews from RL friends that buy it if I see them raging uncontrollably like in black cocks or MW2 I'll probably just stay away. What do you think? Also I'm curious do you think they will EVER give us dedicated servers on PS3 or Xbox? I know playing online on console is fail but it wouldn't be bad if they had good servers and none of this host bullshit.

First, there is a thread on MW3 already with some good info and a decent conversation that lacks haters. You should post there.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...W3-Speculation

Second, this thread will definitely bait haters.

Third, MW2 was by most accounts, a better game than Blops. Obviously this is opinion based, but MW2 still has more players to date.

Finally, if you didn't like MW2 then you wont like MW3 most likely. It's going to be more similar to MW2 than to Blops because of the team creating it and well... its a MW game.

I heard it's going to have LAN support, so me thinks yes!

10+ Year Old Account
    Bloody Bamboo Forrest of Eternal Nightmares
    Infinty Ward>Treyarch this is an actual fact.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    The COD games were fun for a while, but now they are just the same game with a couple new things. They need to do something new other than update the graphics and change the story.

MW2 to Black Ops didn't offer that much new stuff and I liked MW2 more, so I didn't play Black Ops that long. MW3 doesn't look like it is going to be doing anything that much different as well.

Also, Activision publishes it and they are just greedy bastards. Almost a year later and Black Ops is still going for $50-60 most places. Other games like Bad Company 2 were $20 after a few months after release. Black Ops was more popular than Bad Company 2, but they could at least bring it down in price a bit.

In short, MW3 isn't worth the money. Get BF3 or an older COD game.
    Last edited by Relente; 2011-09-11 at 07:23 PM.

Its just basically the same game, maybe with some minor improvements

10+ Year Old Account
    MW3 by the looks of it is more like MW2.1 so if you liked MW2 then sure but if you're looking for something new then it's a no go. I personally haven't really played any FPS games in a hardcore fashion since I quit 1.6 after source came out (thought I didn't play source). I'm just waiting for global offensive now to go back to my old habits
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone saying it's the same game seriously needs to look at the changes. Follow Justin's link.
    The only people you have control over is yourself. If you want to make a point, leave proper, factual replies.

15+ Year Old Account
    MW3 is only an a minor upgrade to MW2 (which was only minor improvement over MW..), not worth anything except the price of a DLC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doirdyn View Post
    Anyone saying it's the same game seriously needs to look at the changes. Follow Justin's link.
    Like the sub? yeah thats new and stealing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora View Post
    MW3 is only an a minor upgrade to MW2 (which was only minor improvement over MW..), not worth anything except the price of a DLC.

Yes, offering map packs that will cost more than the subscription itself is stealing. /facepalm
    As well, first year is only $20 if you buy the Hardened edition ($80) of MW3. You obviously didn't look at the link because you're still being clueless.
    The only people you have control over is yourself. If you want to make a point, leave proper, factual replies.

10+ Year Old Account
    While the game is going to be redundant, i think its still gonna be worth the money. If you debating on getting this or another game, take into account this will have a bit of $15 DLC's for a few multiplayer maps.

60€ for MW3 which is exactly like MW2 with new maps is not worth it imo.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    60€ for MW3 which is exactly like MW2 with new maps is not worth it imo.
    The only things that are exactly alike would be the fact that you aim down the sites and shoot guns at other people. It may not be worth 60 bucks to you but the game is far from "exactly like MW2".

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora View Post

Hardly just a DLC. Go to that link and look at the new MP video. It may PLAY similar but there is a shit ton of different things changed/added.

But you know what, I don't know why I'm bothering. These people have their minds made up already an no amount of ANYTHING will convince them otherwise. FML.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    The only things that are exactly alike would be the fact that you aim down the sites and shoot guns at other people. It may not be worth 60 bucks to you but the game is far from "exactly like MW2".

Hardly just a DLC. Go to that link and look at the new MP video. It may PLAY similar but there is a shit ton of different things changed/added.

But you know what, I don't know why I'm bothering. These people have their minds made up already an no amount of ANYTHING will convince them otherwise. FML.
    Have fun paying $50 a year for elite, fanboy. It is exactly the same game as Modern Warfare 2 with small changes. If you really believe what you just said it's just pathetic.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Elysia; 2011-09-11 at 09:31 PM.

I never said black ops was a good game at all I only referred to it's great support and MW2 being a minor upgrade to MW1? Holy shit you're high MW2 is dogshit compared to MW1 that is not opinion that is fact.

MW2 was better than black ops sure it's actually a great game if you take away all the retarded danger close noob tubes, missiles that have dead on accuracy 300 miles away, 40 yard knife lunges, infinite claymores etc. and literally no gun in that game has any recoil rofl.. it was made by baddies for baddies. No clue how they went from MW1 to MW2. Kinda like how stargate went from badass to general hospital in SGU. Just amazes me that it was by the same company that made my favorite fps.

Quote Originally Posted by Franeau View Post
    Have fun paying $50 a year for elite, fanboy. It is exactly the same game as Modern Warfare 2 with small changes. If you really believe what you just said it's just pathetic.
    LOL fanboy!

That makes me giggle every time I read it.

Guess what, I like games. I like the BF series, I like the COD series, I like Halo, I like TF2, I like CS, I like Brink, etc etc.

So I am a fanboy of video games, not one game in particular. So you know what? I will have fun paying for a game and then enjoying it and getting EASILY fifty bucks worth of time out of it.

Like I said, if you think it's the same game as MW2 then you have your mind made up. I could care less if you play it or not or if you think otherwise.

But I guess I'm the pathetic one out of the both of us for

a) not insulting someone who like a different game than me
    b) having a difference of opinion
    c) not knowing anything about a game but making judgments of both the game and it's players

Yeah, you're right... it's definitely me who is pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Franeau View Post
    Isn't elite optional? I believe MW3 will offer more than just "slight" increased graphics and nearly the same maps.

BF3 will be just a graphic update of BF2 with destruction, nothing new, no point in buying BF3...
    not saying Franeau will buy BF3 but I'm just trying to make fun of his narrow-mindedness

I really loved MW2, but disliked their server solution, which MW3 will not include. Though this is not a BF3 vs. MW3 discussion; I want to say that I will probably buy both games as I loved both MW2 with the fluid arcade style and BC2/BF2 for the epic battles!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    LOL fanboy!

That makes me giggle every time I read it.

Guess what, I like games. I like the BF series, I like the COD series, I like Halo, I like TF2, I like CS, I like Brink, etc etc.

So I am a fanboy of video games, not one game in particular. So you know what? I will have fun paying for a game and then enjoying it and getting EASILY fifty bucks worth of time out of it.

Like I said, if you think it's the same game as MW2 then you have your mind made up. I could care less if you play it or not or if you think otherwise.

But I guess I'm the pathetic one out of the both of us for

a) not insulting someone who like a different game than me
    b) having a difference of opinion
    c) not knowing anything about a game but making judgments of both the game and it's players

Yeah, you're right... it's definitely me who is pathetic.
    Let trolls be trolls. Report and move on

Quote Originally Posted by Doirdyn View Post
    Let trolls be trolls. Report and move on
    Damn, I did get baited didn't I?

I have horrible troll senses.