Weird lag type situation

So everytime i'm on my computer doing something this weird lag will come on and make kinda of like a robot/static noise. It hasn't done this before. What's the problem and how do i fix it? Any help appreciated

Well I'm not sure what you're talking about but it's probably not "lag".
    Is it some kind of stuttering? What exactly are you doing when it happens.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

playing world of warcraft and/or using skype. it might be some kind of stuttering

So does everything stop moving? Lag is when everything is still moving fluently but the network is delayed, so you see people running in place and what not (or have things on skype be delayed randomly). If the whole screen freezes for a second or something that's something completely different, and most likely a cpu, gpu, or ram issue. If you get stuttering while at loading screens, or when opening a folder/file in windows then it's an hdd issue.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.