Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggayshammy View Post
    i was more impressed with the lock video lol
    This, but only because Locks are clothies, so they not only don't have near as good of healing as a DK, but they also get hit much harder and have smaller health pools. However, not to say that DK solos aren't impressive, because they definitely are. I'd like to see Mionelol solo Yogg+0 OR H LK personally.
    Thanks Soko<3

10+ Year Old Account
    OP, don't be stupid. You complain about DK's soloing content and you complain about what the admin posts on their own website.

Admin doesn't need ANYONE to approve of what he posts, he owns it. If you have a problem with it, make your own website with thousands of people on it, and lets see if yours does better.

Oh, and also solo everything as a DK. But don't post it on your site which will have thousands, NO! Millions! NO! Billions of WoW players!

Seriously, if you got a problem stop coming to mmo champ.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidybag View Post
    I am finding it really funny how posting a solo kill of old content as a Death knight is somehow news worthy. It looks like anything can make itself on the homepage now. There should really be somebody monitoring and approving these posts and agreeing that it should actaully be worthy other than the admin. It looks like its down to one person at the moment who is surely on the payroll.

I can bet you a lot of DKs have done exactly what this DK has done, but they have just never bothered to report or post it because they knew it was nothing special. Maybe I should go and solo a few heroics and old hardmodes on my Deathknight and then make a special video with sound effects, would that make me look pro too? I mean come on, is anybody really impressed by this? On my Deathknight I am able to outheal the healers so when you really think about it, it is not hard to do at all.
    Go solo 10 LK then make a thread, go solo yogg+1 then make a thread, go solo mim Hm then make a thread, i 100% guarantee that you cannot do any of them. Either quit your jelly bitchin or make some vids of your kills on these old bosses

Quote Originally Posted by Ms Andry View Post
    OP, don't be stupid. You complain about DK's soloing content and you complain about what the admin posts on their own website.

Admin doesn't need ANYONE to approve of what he posts, he owns it. If you have a problem with it, make your own website with thousands of people on it, and lets see if yours does better.

Oh, and also solo everything as a DK. But don't post it on your site which will have thousands, NO! Millions! NO! Billions of WoW players!

Seriously, if you got a problem stop coming to mmo champ.
    MMO Champ is part of the Curse network now. Does Bibi actually still own it?

---------- Post added 2011-09-11 at 11:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dacu View Post
    Go solo 10 LK then make a thread, go solo yogg+1 then make a thread, go solo mim Hm then make a thread, i 100% guarantee that you cannot do any of them. Either quit your jelly bitchin or make some vids of your kills on these old bosses
    I solo'd FL+0 without a vehicle. Should I make a video?
    Vanilla WoW was a diamond in the rough. Burning Crusade cleared the rough away and polished that diamond up. During Lich King, that diamond cracked from being over polished and in Cataclysm that diamond was replaced with a cubic zirconia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bidybag View Post
    I am finding it really funny how posting a solo kill of old content as a Death knight is somehow news worthy. It looks like anything can make itself on the homepage now. There should really be somebody monitoring and approving these posts and agreeing that it should actaully be worthy other than the admin. It looks like its down to one person at the moment who is surely on the payroll.

I can bet you a lot of DKs have done exactly what this DK has done, but they have just never bothered to report or post it because they knew it was nothing special. Maybe I should go and solo a few heroics and old hardmodes on my Deathknight and then make a special video with sound effects, would that make me look pro too? I mean come on, is anybody really impressed by this? On my Deathknight I am able to outheal the healers so when you really think about it, it is not hard to do at all.
    Lol you mad

This doesn't actually prove death strike needs any change, old content is not relevant to current content when it comes to ability design. If mione was soloing T11 bosses I would be more inclined to say maybe we should look into DS.

OT: Its cool to see and its a niche thing within the community. There are parts of the community I don't give a shit about that gets reported on, but if it only reported on the shit that one person wanted it wouldn't really be about the community at that point.

I thought the same as you - DK are machines to solo old stuff and it's uber easy to do so. Just 3 simple steps:
    -spam Death Strike
    -??
    -profit*

But then I actually tried doing so.. And it's not that easy. Soloing things do require skill, require good preparation and guess what - good tactic. And this is what all those movies are about - finding a good and clever tactic. And I'm happy every single time I find one.
    The solos that appear on the main page are fights that tend to kill organised groups. We've been doing firefighter last week. Our ranged died and we wiped 'cause "mele can't DPS the head of Mimiron in last phase".. Mionelol says o 'rly? I remember wiping on 1 light Yogg 'cause healers were not dispelling properly or seeing 3 DPS not being able to finish the brain in one go. Mione does it all solo without dispellers. That is really impressive to me. LK solo? Sorry but I don't even want to think about doing it solo without at least 5-10 more levels..
    Ye soloing some old HCs might pretty easy. But those boys and girls tend to show something pretty spectacular and amazing, fights that actually kill you if you make a mistake or RNG decides to screw you over. And what is more - a lot of those kills are said to be impossible to do, yet they beg to differ.

*ye I know It's old joke. i love it anyway so get over with it :P

I'd personally be more impressed with a level 80 DK soloing BC content.
    Vanilla WoW was a diamond in the rough. Burning Crusade cleared the rough away and polished that diamond up. During Lich King, that diamond cracked from being over polished and in Cataclysm that diamond was replaced with a cubic zirconia.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Put your money where your mouth it... That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    This doesn't actually prove death strike needs any change, old content is not relevant to current content when it comes to ability design. If mione was soloing T11 bosses I would be more inclined to say maybe we should look into DS.
    lol Because as a plate wearer he can solo heal himself through content no other plate wearer can solo heal themselves through. Nothing to see here. Just move along.

Where's the Paladin and Warrior solo kills... oh yeah... they don't exist.

Yes, if there were a video of malygos being soloed by a dk, it wouldn't be impressive, at all. Every class has different limits, and pushing those limits is very challenging, which is why 3D sarth or maly solos by a warlock are impressive, and why 1light solos by a dk are impressive.
    On a side note, as a druid I can't even get past phase 1 of mimiron normal!, /sigh. It's very surprising to see firefighter done solo in this tier.

It's kind of like complaining to your local newspaper about running a story on a local dog show, when you really hate dogs and think that dog shows take no skill. Maybe other people disagree/like hearing about them/etc?

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Interestingly, everyone complains how much more difficult it is to heal a DK tank yet the DK's are the most represented class soloing multi-player content lol

Good Job and grats

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeleena View Post
    lol Because as a plate wearer he can solo heal himself through content no other plate wearer can solo heal themselves through. Nothing to see here. Just move along.

Where's the Paladin and Warrior solo kills... oh yeah... they don't exist.
    And who's the worst tank in relevant content?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakudjo View Post
    This, but only because Locks are clothies, so they not only don't have near as good of healing as a DK, but they also get hit much harder and have smaller health pools. However, not to say that DK solos aren't impressive, because they definitely are. I'd like to see Mionelol solo Yogg+0 OR H LK personally.
    Just wait for tier 13, it should be doable then because of the stats increase, and if not, there's always the next expac; but who knows maybe DKs will be nerfed by then, i don't know.

@ OP, i'll take your word for it, you can do same on your DK, you're as good as or better than the mione guy, but you have to realize this: some people aren't as good as you are at playing the game. So it is easy to understand why they would be very impressed by such "feats" and you wouldn't. Myself, I've raided in TBC and WotLK and to see these bosses drop dead to one guy, even though it's year/s late, with a superior class and gear(the only class that can do that) is still something that i deem worthy of few seconds/minutes of my free time, because i wiped tens if not hundreds of times on those bosses with 24 other people. Just because you don't find it impressive it does not mean others will not, and the admin of this site has to update the front page to get more views to keep the site going, that's how 'the internets' work.

my 2 cents

I'd personally be more impressed with a level 80 DK soloing BC content.
    Like lv 80 DK soloing old Zul'Aman (lv 70+)?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAszrBn8fnk
    hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post

OT: Its cool to see and its a niche thing within the community. There are parts of the community I don't give a shit about that gets reported on, but if it only reported on the shit that one person wanted it wouldn't really be about the community at that point.

actually in the description of Mione's resent video she says "following vid will be XT-002 Hardmode, Atramedes, or Illidari Council (because everyone keeps asking me to upload that, idk why). But it could also be something completely different, as usual."

So it seems she is going for some T11 bosses now. I also hear Raegwyn talking about Omnitron being doable but he doesn't have the gear for it yet.

Edit: I just found the quote on his youtube channel. " I wont solo toc 10 those bosses are nothing than dps races (except champs) and im not interested in fights like that thats why i wont make vids of it but if you like such fights check out mionelols channel

next thing i plan to do is omnitron but will take a while before i can do it cause missing gear and time"
    Last edited by Twilight Cultist; 2011-09-12 at 12:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a world first far as I know. If you think it is that unimpressive, while no one ever managed to do it before, I do not know what is impressive to you.
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    Like lv 80 DK soloing old Zul'Aman (lv 70+)?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAszrBn8fnk
    hmm...
    This I approve of.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    And who's the worst tank in relevant content?
    That'd definitely be druid buddy. Sorry to burst your bubble. Literally.

MMO Champ is part of the Curse network now. Does Bibi actually still own it?
    Bibi has full control over what he wants up on the front page.