Poll: Is pvp less exciting than in the past?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Has PvP Lost Its Excitement?

I used to love running Battlegrounds all day in expansions past, but now, I do one and I find myself leaving half way through due to boredom. Now I sit down and play Black Ops instead, killing stuff in a few shots, and it keeps me entertained for much longer. So after playing these two games back to back I can attribute my boredom to the longer fights we have in Cata. When it takes 2 minutes for 2 DPs to duke it out, something seems horribly wrong here.

Does anyone else find the larger health pools & longer fights much less exciting than the blow em up, one mistake and your dead playstyle?

Poll inc

Personally thats what I love about this PvP style of play. Don't get me wrong, I am a massive FPS enthusiast, and I get plenty of entertainment out of the one mistake and you die playstyle, but occasionally I like to switch it up and enjoy really long fights.

I don't feel that just because its longer that it becomes more forgiving, allowing you to make a mistake here and there and still being able to come out on top, the complete opposite in fact. If you make a mistake in a one on one fight in WoW it can easily lead to your death; with the fights lasting sometimes minutes at a time that requires you to be on your game 100% of the time.

An FPS takes a bit of knowledge to play (Once again, not bashing FPS style of play, just stating) and then beyond that its all reflex, naturally that's where the skill comes into play but there is really no strategy behind todays FPS games. Locate target -> Raise sights -> Fire. You do it faster than the other guy and you win. A lot of skill goes into that of course, but its instinct and reaction, nothing more. In WoW, PvP is a constant mind game, at any moment you need to have your next several steps planned out as well as be aware of what is in your enemies best interest. Constant thinking. Its a fun change of style.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pos View Post
    WoW is my shameful secret. Like a mistress. or a child.

10+ Year Old Account
    Same for me, I used to do BGs for days on end on vacations. I can barely play more then 3 in a day now. I end up PvPing on my lv 70 twink and things are much more fun.

health goes up, but so does our damage, last time i checked if you run into a group of 2-3+ alliance and you are by yourself....you're going to get blown up, if you have the gear and you are skilled enough, pvp is a blast day in and day out, IMO.

since some of us aren't warlocks mages or shamans, not everyone enjoyed WotLK's average fight length
    - Dreams. What are dreams? Dreams are nothing, my brother.
    - Dreams are nothing, sister? Without dreams, there could be no despair.

It became extremely stale for me, after playing for about 4 years. I took a two-month break, and it's back to BG farming scrubs all day haha. Still gonna stay away from arena though.. that shit get's draining..
    || Ducivo ||

You can not have a healthy competitive game if you can 1 shot everybody. Especially in RPGs were you have a lot of abilities.
    Also, Black Ops and MW2 are not considered good competitive games either.
    Last edited by YouAreAllWrong; 2011-09-12 at 12:46 PM.

Deleted
    I cant enjoy WSG anymore when theres always way too many frost mages and healers in the VS side. Not to mention arcane mages blowing you up from nowhere.

Resilience should make your damage a little bit higher, and nerf damage output of pve geared players in bgs to be honest.

For example. 0 resilience =45% of the damage done reduced in BGs. Full PvP resilience: damage done back to normal.

And nerf the crit healings in BGs to 150% again.

Its so hard to do it, right? I want to enjoy bging again -,-

And its time to remove scatter combo from PvP, thank you.

i used to play bgs quite often and farmed 14 rank in vanilla like crazy
    but after launch of cata all i see is frOPst mages, ferals and rogues and yeah unkillable healers in bgs.
    it is not fun getting 30k frostbolt and 3xlance 30k then freeze froze snare root blink blonk unkillable fmages or bleeding to death , stun stun cheap shot
    smoke boomb the stu again nah blink stun and gy no thx

I don't like it, it doesn't feel very competitive with all its stupid variables like gear class and just overall to much rng. I like games where everyone is on a level playing field.
    Hi Sephurik

I don't mind BG's once in a blue moon, but doing it a lot as well as arena gets boring so damn fast. Prefer raiding. It's much more fun.

Yes, i find it boring.

WTB old AV.

as for current BGs, I would say lost its excitement, just overrun by immature asshats with the combined brain power of a deformed peanut.
    A man chooses, a Slave obeys. OBEY! - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

People seem to have a misconception on Enjoyment.

What you enjoy and find exciting is very subjective to each person.
    However, after several expansions/years of the same thing, it becomes less interesting and exciting, because you've already done it about 10000 times.

Personally, i enjoy myself in Random BGs when i play my hunter, i absolutly love it, i don't have to rely on 9, 14, etc other people to be successful with what i do
    However, i hate being a healer in RBG, i have to babysit everyone, and the majority of the players are terrible, either ignoring to help me or just bullcharge into a raid of alliance and get killed.

Point is, when i play on my own as a ddl or with friends, its alot of fun
    When i play with a random as a healer, it becomes really frustrating, and errors of others begin to become much more obvious and its annoying to be dependant on shitty players.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

Just find pvp boring and imbalanced, Having to take 3 attempts to setup a kill on a paladin (burning a save/cd each time) get's dull, some people are completely carried by the class and you just got to go through the boring motions to put them into position for a kill.

Played my mage but i soon got bored of the stupid damage i could do and gave up, not re subbed since

If its about opinions, I started loving PvP with cata real much its way more fun and tactical now and you see more variation of specs and play styles in PvP that was impossible before when it was all about having to spec into max survivability becuse the health is so low.
    Sure I still prefere aena over BGs now becuse I dont like getting noobs on my team and good players on the opposite team. But some times you can get lucky in BGs too.

Deleted
    It does. Not because human factor sucks.
    It is because they removed old Marks system. I can't see any effort on random BGs. Peopl running like a Lemmings from point to point and they have no idea what to do (mostly).
    Now it's about honor farm bot and voila - 371 gear with not even single enemy killed.

yes

Deleted
    Yeah it is, for several reasons.

When encountering a one on one I already know who's gonna win (or loose) by comparing my class versus theirs and I can't go solo on a healer. Loosing off a class instead of a player sucks.

Deleted
    Honestly think you're just bored. Bg's hasent changed much and the healthpools dosent mean anything as our dmg has increases like hell. A fully ruthless mage can pretty much shatter a pve player in one deepfreeze.

Bg's are still fun! (no i dont play frost mage ( ^_^)/