Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    for people trying to cut/build muscle pizza every day is what, extra 25,000 calories a month to burn if you have one piece a day? you're just setting yourself back that much a month

simply lifting weights is anaerobic and unless you're doing aerobic workouts an hour a day, a piece of pizza a day will kill your chance at your goals.

---------- Post added 2011-09-11 at 11:28 PM ----------

average person needs a week to recover. work your biceps out 2x a week and you're benefiting as much as the guy who responds like you and does it once a week.

some people, the people who look like they work out even when they don't, natural freaks, can sometimes get away with a 4-5 day cycle

steroids simply allow you to recover faster, that's all they do and that's why resting is usually the biggest difference in someone who sees results vs someone who doesn't.

but go to a gym. people lie about how much they work out. most sit around and talk, it's basically a hobby. i'd go in, bust my ass for an hour and a half and my little brother who IS a natural freak, works out 15 minutes and talks for 60 or so.

most people who subscribe to the no pain no gain saying are wasting a lot of time. you go hard, you rest completely and that's all you can do.

/facepalm

This is to start out with your very first time exercising at the gym, use this method for your first month or really when you start to feel comfortable with the stress that exercise puts on your body.

You should start to feel an urge to WANT to do those hi-intensity work-outs, it's your body's way of saying "I'm ready, lets turn this up a notch." But please don't go overboard, I got very dizzy when I went overboard. I personally started to feel an urge for weight lifting after a month of light stuff and an afternoon of listening to metal, after that work-out I've never felt so PUMPED.

For some people who are morbidly obese, this won't set in for awhile, just keep at it.

I train 4 days a week.

If I can ever be fucked, I also go for runs on my off days.

I eat healthy, don't eat junk food and rarely drink.

Every day is my goddamn 'eat a snack because it's delicious' day. Because if it wasn't, then what the hell am I putting in all this effort for?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

10+ Year Old Account
    As I'm trying to gain weight I'm not really that prone to cheating. Though I do try to eat as healthy as I can, which means that I do my best to avoid eating greasy pizzas, and other junk food. However, I do "cheat" sometimes when I'm eating out with friends, as a pizza tastes ten times better with company.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigemund View Post
    Either you're approaching SF grunt aspirations, or your unit just plain sucks.
    Keep in mind, military PT isn't exactly bodybuilding. The amount and type of exercise most units do isn't nearly enough to warrant taking too many days off.

I cheat when I feel like it. I lift 3-4 times a week, don't pig out, and have a snack whenever I feel I can spare the calories. In no way does it interfere with my plans for the rest of the day, and I sit at 8% body fat.

Don't go overboard, don't give up, and don't be so tight.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzzyx View Post
    Keep in mind, military PT isn't exactly bodybuilding. The amount and type of exercise most units do isn't nearly enough to warrant taking too many days off.

I cheat when I feel like it. I lift 3-4 times a week, don't pig out, and have a snack whenever I feel I can spare the calories. In no way does it interfere with my plans for the rest of the day, and I sit at 8% body fat.

Don't go overboard, don't give up, and don't be so tight.
    I can vouch for the PT part. When I was enlisted in the Marines, we PT'd about 3 times a week together but a lot of us just hit the gym on our own. The PT sessions were mainly just to keep our endurance and PFT scores maxed out. Lots of running, calisthenics, pulls ups, sit ups and endurance burns but other than that, it wasn't like a super work out at the gym.

Also @ Zyzzyx... are you the real Zyzz back from the dead? Because he was at 8% bf as well and that dude looked like a greek sculpture + anime hair.

Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    I can vouch for the PT part. When I was enlisted in the Marines, we PT'd about 3 times a week together but a lot of us just hit the gym on our own. The PT sessions were mainly just to keep our endurance and PFT scores maxed out. Lots of running, calisthenics, pulls ups, sit ups and endurance burns but other than that, it wasn't like a super work out at the gym.

Also @ Zyzzyx... are you the real Zyzz back from the dead? Because he was at 8% bf as well and that dude looked like a greek sculpture + anime hair.
    Nope, saw his name and was like wtf..

But 2 years? Been at it 5 months, give me a couple years and I'll be at that level or higher. Granted, won't take too much away given his current condition...but still.

If you're working out to gain muscle, grabbing a hamburger or some pizza every now and then is no problem, but if you're on a weight-watch diet it's good to be careful not to cheat too much.

Deleted
    i eat whatever i want whenever i want, and im way to skinny :/

Quote Originally Posted by Suff View Post
    i eat whatever i want whenever i want, and im way to skinny :/
    That might be but you're probably skinny fat. Skinny fat people can be very unhealthy

I cheat once a week, im not even especially compelled to do it though i know its impoortant to do it. so 1 cheat meal a week to not overeat 1 day and have weeks of progress wasted in a matter of days.