hahahahahahaha wtf omg that made me nearly choke on my drink

By the age 21 I was 5 foot 10.

By the age 24 I was 6 foot.

Currently I am 6 foot 1.

At age 21 my shoe size was 10.5 but now it's size 11.5

I dunno, I'm a freak.

Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    6'5", bitch

(Please please please, take note of sarcasm. I mean you no offence, friendpal.)
    lol Thank you for that awesome rick roll
    Quote Originally Posted by Traknel View Post
    Yes it is. In fact, the next expansion is going to be called "Mists of Metzen" and is just going to be various mobs with his face stuck on them.

We could all get toghether and Raid the evil monster "gravity", the loot shall be free tallness for everyone.

HUMAN GROWTH HORMONE with a side of STEROIDS! AND SOME BULL TESTOSTERONE.

IT'LL DO YOU RIGHT.

TEN THOUSAND BABIES.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by xogen View Post
    How tall is ''6,0'' in cm? ;/
    Approximately 183 cm.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathiest View Post
    Currently I am 6 foot 1.

At age 21 my shoe size was 10.5 but now it's size 11.5

I dunno, I'm a freak.
    That's it? You're not a freak at 6'1" and a 11.5 size shoe. Try 6'8" and a size 14 shoe... pain in the ass finding shoes that size that are actually comfortable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuffs View Post
    Damn my visual mind and continuing to read Sugars post

I sowwy *comfort ^^

I don't know the OP's reason for wanting a few more inches when he's alrdy 6ft, but damn I worry about ppl that are so overly concerned with appearances.
    It means so f*ing little when it all comes down to it. If it doesn't effect your job/profession, & you're being judged on your appearance, you should already be
    walking away from that situation. <3

Deleted
    Eating healthy helps a lot.

I was prognosed to be the longest of my brothers. But turns out I'm in fact now the smallest (still not small though). I think this is mostly due to me not eating enough vegetables. Also, I thought I had stopped growing by 18. But I grew some more when I was 20, which I think could be because of better eating habits.

Deleted
    Nobody suggested walking up straight yet, or did I miss that. Anyway, I tend to stand with my back slightly curved, meaning I sometimes look smaller than I actually am. Maybe you were already doing so, but if not, it can make quite a difference, I can't really explain it very well but just pull back your shoulders and well... I'm sure you'll figure it out.

I would never ever do that surgery by the way, no matter how small I'd be. The other day I someone who looked like a gnome in real life (the guy was about 1 meter tall I think) but even then, nah. If people judge you by your height they're not worth your time anyway.

The only source you will find in MMO's discussions: http://www.wikipedia.org

Deleted
    As far as i'm aware you can't, if you've stopped growing (various factors as genes and nutrients) you've stopped and won't grow any more. Alot of people are saying more exercise or milk will help and those are unfortunatly just myths. The exercise one will build you muscle but not make you physically any taller. Milk will strengthen your bones but won't make your bones lengthen and make you taller.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarlily View Post
    I sowwy *comfort ^^

I don't know the OP's reason for wanting a few more inches when he's alrdy 6ft, but damn I worry about ppl that are so overly concerned with appearances.
    It means so f*ing little when it all comes down to it. If it doesn't effect your job/profession, & you're being judged on your appearance, you should already be
    walking away from that situation
    . <3
    Most jobs do factor in how the person looks on a subconcious level. It mainly has to do with weight however.
    Regarding makeup and such, I more or less do agree. People stress far too much on that topic.

I think people will always worry about appearances, even if we're able to all become whatever we want to look like over night for the simple fact even super models fret about stuff like that they may have sausage fingers

10+ Year Old Account
    Men grow till they are about 25-27 years old. After 20 your growth is significantly slowed down. But you can still put another 1-2 inches till you stop growing so dont worry. Sleep a lot, include fruits and vegetables in your diet and you grow. Do not drink a lot of alcohol, smoke or use drugs, all those 3 things have negative effect on human growth hormone. You can do all those things when u are 20+
    The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head.

Quote Originally Posted by Arakkar View Post
    Luck of the draw. Playing basketball and drinking milk is a myth.
    Milk is definitely a myth, but basketball is not. 2-3 years of basketball can work wonders. I've seen it with my eyes, and not a singular case.

It's not too late yet, you still got a couple of years. Healthy lifestyle with as little as possible sitting at the desk, more physical activity (swimming, basketball) and healthy food. Weight lifting or poor nutrition isn't a good idea.

I've known some guys who didn't grow much while playing basketball intensively for many years. Those are a rarity. Hope you aren't one of them.

You may still grow a bit, so all's not lost.

But no, there's no safe or healthy way (that actually works) to prompt growth or otherwise increase your height. You can try one of those shoe implant things if you're worried about your appearance at your workplace, during interviews, etc.

While people may take into account your appearance in everyday dealings, and while altering one's appearance in some ways may yield a tangible benefit for work, etc, the benefits of artificially increasing your height through surgery or other extreme means in no way possible outweigh the monetary, health and physical risks and payments involved. This isn't a pursuit you should follow up on.

---------- Post added 2011-09-12 at 09:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Milk is definitely a myth, but basketball is not. 2-3 years of basketball can work wonders. I've seen it with my eyes, and not a singular case.
    What age would these people be at, though? If we're talking <25 years or such, such occurances could easily be attributed to a growth spurt.
    Those who search for meaning in something will always find it - even if it's not there. Apophenia and pareidolia, gentlemen.

You can use HGH (Human Growth Hormone). It is injected and very very expensive. In addition to that there is no guarentee that it will affect your height. It can give you 1 inch maybe but also make your ears bigger or you one arm can be longer than the other. So it is a risky and an expensive method and you can become a freak in the end, but hey it's your body. Besides i'am 5'9'' and i have no problems with that.

having the right genetics, i dont know how i got it but im the tallest and youngest of my 4 brothers
    "Anger dwells only in the bosom of fools" Albert Einstein

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    You can't. Though most boys continue to grow until they are 20.

Bar me. I stopped when I was 14.

Only other option is thigh lengthening surgery. Which is expensive, painful and causes brittle bones.
    I stopped when I was 12 - never had a growth spurt. Very disappointing as all my family are fairly short (grandfather 5'3, father 5'7) and I was 5' 9 at 12. Everyone thought I was going to be the first to be as tall as my great grandfather who was 6' 6 (my grandfather was the only one of his siblings to get his height from his mother) and then nothing. Didn't have a great diet, but I was sporty and certainly not malnourished.

Moral of the story is; all the posts telling you that you can't do it without painful surgery that will leave you with a limp are probably true. You'll have to deal with it. 6' is a good height; it's not too gangly but not too short. My best friend is 6' 3 and another of our close friends and they are too tall - it makes them skinny, they struggle to put on weight.

Deleted
    Afaik its genetically determined on how long you would be, surgery to extend the length of your bones would be an option.

From what i know it's a long and very painfull process, they break your bones and fixate them a small fracture away from eachother.
    Then when the new bone has grown in between, they break it again...and so on..untill you have the desired length.

Not sure if you like it