Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Damnit man, I LOVED that series. Best Sparticus EVER. RIP friend ~ and thanks for the countless hours of entertainment.

This is so sad. He finally got his big break and BLAMMO. Dead at 39. I was shocked to hear this because I thought he was recovering well.

The series is surprisingly good. After I watched the pilot I thought it was going to be TERRIBLE, but I stuck with it and was rewarded with a surprisingly deep, character-driven story and wildly entertaining action. But really the Spartacus character was not the most interesting or best thing about the show. That honor goes to--by far--Battiatus. I have a great deal more respect for the actor John Hannah now (most people know him as the fool brother from the Mummy movies). The next most interesting is Crixus. He probably had the best scene in the entire series after his love for Nevea was revealed, he had been whipped, and she was being sent away. "I have destroyed us." Such a great scene, and his pain and grief looks so real.

10+ Year Old Account
    RIP Andy

Btw, I didn't like the series, but I feel sorrow for everyone who dies.

He was 36, not 39. At least according to IMDB.

Source: http://www.imdb.com/news/ni15252464/
    "Our logic is actually pretty simple. If hybrid classes can do the same dps as pure classes, then why have pure classes in the game? So we design the pure classes to do slightly higher dps." -Ghostcrawler 3/22/2009
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=15864857264&pageNo=4&sid=1#66

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NonMagical View Post
    He was 36, not 39. At least according to IMDB.

Source: http://www.imdb.com/news/ni15252464/
    I've seen conflicting reports about his age also, ranging from 36, to 37 to 39, but most of the sources I've read listed him as 39, so I assume that is his actual age.
    | Happiness is the best revenge |

10+ Year Old Account
    May he find peace in the afterlife.. A very good actor, lost his life way too young.. Played his role like a champ!
    "Maybe we wouldn't keep getting hurt if we just expected the worst.."

"Smiling doesn't always mean you're happy. Sometimes, it simply means you are a strong person"

Who else is going to have a spartacus marathon within the next week I know I will! RIP I was looking forward to the true season 2.

15+ Year Old Account
    i saw this on the spike tv website just now and i went into shock, its so sad, he will surely be missed.

Girlfriend woke me up to tell me last night.Sad to see such a great actor on the brink of becoming a massive star die.R.I.P Andy.

Unhappy Andy Whitfield - Dead at 39.

'Spartacus' Star Andy Whitfield had passed away in Sydney surrounded by family, after an 18 month battle with non-Hodgkin lymphoma.

Just another marvelous actor to mourn. Stop stealing all the good men!

http://www.latimes.com/health/booste...,7280299.story

That sucks, R.I.P. Andy.
    Kurogasa:"Bitch tried to steal my herb... So I typhooned his ass off a cliff"
    Gala:"Why can't he burn in heaven? There can be Holy Fire in Heaven"
    Garrosh Hellscream:"Shut your clever mouth, bitch."
    Terenas Menethil II:"At long last. No king rules forever, my son."
    Kenny:"I'm just waiting for a fire axe to hack through my door one day and see aulio on the other side goin "heeeeeeeeres johnny"
    StarFade:Are you actually serious? To quote every rapper:"How fucked-up is you?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Another thread on this over in the TV section.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...eld-dies-at-39
    Undefined animosity is a device of the spineless, the means of a fool.

Its always harder on a community when the hot ones die. R.I.P.

Andy Whitfield (Spartacus) Passed Away :(

Really sad to hear about this. I LOVED the first 2 seasons of Spartacus on Starz and was really hopeful that Andy was going to beat that cancer and be able to return for the 4th season. I came across this little write up this morning about it on an entertainment blog, thought I would share for any other Spartacus fans on here.

I can't image how terrible it must be to get that "big break" and be at the beginning of what was going to be an awesome series only to get struck down with this BS.

MCA mourns the loss of a rising star.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, that was a major downer when i heard about it yesterday. Spartacus was a really good show, and its a real shame that they will either have to recast the lead or just cancel the series.

Plus, when i read about his lymphoma, everyone was optimistic that he would beat it.

and he was only like 39, way too young to die

10+ Year Old Account
    Rest in peace, Andy. Warm thoughts go out to those affected. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Carmakazie View Post
    Yea, that was a major downer when i heard about it yesterday. Spartacus was a really good show, and its a real shame that they will either have to recast the lead or just cancel the series.

Plus, when i read about his lymphoma, everyone was optimistic that he would beat it.

and he was only like 39, way too young to die
    I had thought at one point it was in remission... I guess it relapsed. They have already cast a replacement and I believe they are filming the 3rd season right now. Hopefully he can fill the shoes enough that the series can continue.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I read that he had been diagnosed I remember just thinking that he'd be back on his feet in no time and go on to have a long career, such a shame when I heard he had died. RIP my fellow Welshian.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    When I read that he had been diagnosed I remember just thinking that he'd be back on his feet in no time and go on to have a long career, such a shame when I heard he had died. RIP my fellow Welshian.
    Yes I remember them saying they were very hopeful for a full recovery at the beginning.

Deleted
    That's so sad His role as Spartacus was epic.. RIP