Poll: Eminen vs Lil Wayne

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is this thread serious?
    An eminem line of lyric composes eveything that is the song, its never irrelevant. Its a metaphor for the point of the song or continuing the storyline.

Little Wayne.
    "Throw dirt on me, and grow a wild flower, yeah my life a bitch, but you know nothing bout her, been to hell and back, I can show you vouchers.

Anyone that thinks the autotuned pop star that is little Wayne is better than Eminem, Nas, Biggie, Hopsin, Immortal technique, Jedi Mind tricks or Jay-Z is just a fucking idiot.

eminem all the way, he's far more lyrical, makes better use of his bars, and he's got a less clucky flow and rhyme style. lil' wayn, jay-z, and even some of dr. dre's songs bug me for that reason, it almost sounds like they are stumbling over their own verses.

I'd pick Eminem over Wayne but neither are in the top 5 rappers in the last 5 years. There's so many other rappers who go unnoticed who straight up murder songs in the rap game.
    Adam: Lookin straight grizzly.
    Blake: Bitch betta have my honey.

Eminem hands down. Wayne doesnt even compare for me.

Intersting results keep em comin

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not fan of rap. Actually, I hate the genre.

However, when Eminem is on the radio, I stop and listen. I don't know what it is about his music, but it always hits home to me. Something about the actual story behind his lyrics and the driving nature of his music just drives me to listen.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    I'm not fan of rap. Actually, I hate the genre.

However, when Eminem is on the radio, I stop and listen. I don't know what it is about his music, but it always hits home to me. Something about the actual story behind his lyrics and the driving nature of his music just drives me to listen.
    you're a fan of rap you just don't know it.
    Adam: Lookin straight grizzly.
    Blake: Bitch betta have my honey.

Quote Originally Posted by kushlol View Post
    Willing to bet everyone who voted eminem has heard no lil wayne mixtape raps or freestyles. Also as far as lyrics go wayne is miles ahead of eminem and I do like eminem as a rapper but he's just not on the level of lil wayne right now.
    Yeah, I have. He's fucking terrible in just about every aspect, but he unabashedly raps about every single thing real Hip Hop fans resent about the genre. Coincidentally, that's exactly why there are so few actual Hip Hop fans and millions upon millions of people who just listen to radio singles.

Quote Originally Posted by Thes View Post
    I don't really listen to rap nowadays at all, so I haven't really heard lil'wayne (from the occasional radio broadcast) so I went to check youtube. Judgement: omfg shit. Eminem sounds lame too today but.. seriously? Eitherway Eminem was good like 10 years ago. Also, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bd4XHnTDTqc
    Eminem completely changed the world of Hip Hop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brS8KxkgE_I

This album isn't just a classic, it's a Holy shit once in every couple of decaded classic. Unfortunately, he's burned out as far as I'm concerned. Wayne's at the top of the pop music world as far as hip hop is concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Yeah, I have. He's fucking terrible in just about every aspect, but he unabashedly raps about every single thing real Hip Hop fans resent about the genre. Coincidentally, that's exactly why there are so few actual Hip Hop fans and millions upon millions of people who just listen to radio singles.

Eminem completely changed the world of Hip Hop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brS8KxkgE_I

This album isn't just a classic, it's a Holy shit once in every couple of decaded classic. Unfortunately, he's burned out as far as I'm concerned. Wayne's at the top of the pop music world as far as hip hop is concerned.
    Like I said, Eminem was good 10 years ago. That disc was released on year 2000.

Back to my point, this is rather new song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngH0fkiNo-g&ob=av2e and has few rappers innit. For my tastes Eminem passes, 50 barely passes and the rest is shit. Its not a talent to get censored every second word (even if you listen uncensored it's.. shit).

I tried to listen Lil'Wayne again. 2 tracks in and my brain is melting. No ty.
    Last edited by Thes; 2011-09-14 at 08:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hardly ever listen to rap, but when I do I don't mind throwing Eminem into the mix, unlike Lil Wayne.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickensoup23 View Post
    So guys, even tho I'm old school, I came to the conclusion that at the moment, there are two big names out there in rap as far as mainstream artists go. Talking about Weezy & Eminem. Now even tho I don't like any of em (I'm a Busta Rhymes, Biggie, Tupac & Bonecrusher kind of guy), I wanna know; which one is the most popular?

Well, this is obviously according to the MMO-C community and is not relevant of how it really is, but I'm curious. Also, if you don't like either, please at least vote your favorite of the two.

Thanks,
    Chicken

(Poll coming)
    theyre not even in the same region... Eminem raps about his past and how hes dealing with it, lil wayne raps about how rich he is...

Deleted

Deleted
    eminem is a lyrical genius, best artist alive

they are both an abomination of hip-hop
    Go youtube Rhyme Asylum and get back to me.
    Last edited by HuntForIdaWave; 2011-09-22 at 04:57 PM.
    Smoke Screens and Pipe Dreams

Em, because he actually writes his own shit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QToACoaR96c

/thread

lil wayne is fine, but nothing more. Marshal is the REAL DEAL, and the 8 Mile is an amazing movie.

Like old school Eminem "lose yourself" etc also one of the only rap artists I like.

Eminem is by far better than Lil Wayne. But I would have to say my favorite is probably Tech N9ne.

Eminem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtRbEgoTqQs

His lyrics and flow are crazy.. I think he's sold out on lyrics in the recent years but he can spit like few others - just listen to No Love (featuring wayne as well)
    I'm more fond of the "old-school" eminem - up until "The Eminem Show". He's just made some amazing classics (a few, in no particular order): "I just don't give a fuck" "Rock Bottom" "White America" "Sing for the moment" "Stan" "Without me" "Till I collapse"

how about Pharcyde?