Thread: Disc or Holy?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Disc or Holy?

So I just dinged 85 yesterday and I want to start to get into 5-man Heroics to gear up. I was wondering what the best spec is at the moment for what I will be doing...Disc or Holy? Don't plan on raiding for a little while just running 5-mans. Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Either work really. Just go with what your personal preferances lie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah we don't. I don't see why.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm so fond of disc now that I discovered it. I like dps, and disc keeps me doingthat still.

Go ahead and dual spec until you find one you like!

If you dont want to raid, it doesnt really matter
    Holy is a little easier at the beginnig though

Holy is easier in 5 mans at the beginning from what I hear. Once you got some decent mana, go disc and win with PW:S spam.

Deleted
    Disc has superior utility, and in case you would start raiding in future, its better aswell :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Fireballz157 View Post
    So I just dinged 85 yesterday and I want to start to get into 5-man Heroics to gear up. I was wondering what the best spec is at the moment for what I will be doing...Disc or Holy? Don't plan on raiding for a little while just running 5-mans. Thanks!
    I juat recently geared up my priest, and i personally found Holy to be much easier to do randoms with. Lightwell and a macro that you can spam telling people to click it is a godsend, and Guardian spirit and desperate prayer saved my ass quite a few times. I tried disc a little, but i found myself having huge mana issues as its real difficult to manage rapture properly in 5s. I mean your gonna be starving for mana either way, but i was much more successful as holy.

Your mileage may vary.

edit: figured i should mention that now that i'm geared when i pug raids i do them as holy, im' still not comfortable as disc. SO my above statements could just be due to the fact that i'm a bad disc priest.
    Last edited by moocowfrakmilk; 2011-09-12 at 05:38 AM.
    "It is like they have two devs changing shit in some kind of a war. "Fuck mages" "No fuck you!" and every few weeks they get into arguments and secretly change the notes and hope the other guy doesn't notice." ~Strakha

Pugs don't click Lightwell. Roll Disc.

Deleted
    it's about personal preference really, go with what you feel like the most.

If I go Disc what should be the stats I should go for? Spirit > Mastery > Crit > Haste?

Deleted
    that is what my priest have gone for it is my alt so i'm not sure it's 100% right tho but it works

Also probably good to mention: if you read a lot of the disc guides you'll see them talk about the atonement spec (its pretty popular right now). IGNORE EVERYTHING ABOUT IT. Under no circumstances should you as a new priest attempt to heal with an atonement spec, it is both more difficult and far more gear dependent. If you are going to gear up as disc use a spec that doesn't pick up archangel.
    "It is like they have two devs changing shit in some kind of a war. "Fuck mages" "No fuck you!" and every few weeks they get into arguments and secretly change the notes and hope the other guy doesn't notice." ~Strakha

I've been a holy priest for years now but for some reason i prefare disc in 5mans i also find it easier and i don't have any mana problems at all but try both and see which one you prefare to use

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodejjj View Post
    Pugs don't click Lightwell. Roll Disc.
    Damn you and your reality. You made me cry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Disc is pretty cool for 5 mans. Back at cata launch when heroics were hard and gear was all greens and blues I would have to use alot of Gheal spam and stuff and drink between most pulls, but later in gear (a few days now that you can get 359s with JP,) you can get away with healing most trash and bosses by spamming smite and shield/penance tank on CD.

I started as holy since I found the mana management for disc with lower gear (ilvl 329 - 346) quite intense and annoying to drink between all pulls. So I choosed holy for 5 mans and early raids since it seems more powerfull and less panicing due to easier use of mana (might be due to inner will). After I had my 359 gear I went disci for raids and going with AA/Atonement for 5mans and ToT specc for raids. Works pretty will now since you just shield if needed and else you heal with atonement and even do some dps
    But hf starting with your priest since its such a nice healing class to play. Might be hard to master disci properly with all cds etc but its always fun and challangeing to play a healer.

Deleted
    go disco for dungeons ofc. shield and pennance will do the job. about stats go for int>spirit(till u feel u dont need more, aka u dont go oom)>mastery>crit>haste

A good idea to use the dual spec Holy / Discipline, try both and use the best for you.