Thread: Demon Leap

Demon Leap

Why is demon leap so inacurate? Alot of the time I end up leaping so far away from my target the stun misses. Even if I axe toss and stun my target so its stationary, my leap is way off. Honestly I'd rather have demon charge so I can atleast make sure my intended target is stunned. Anyone else notice this or this is a known problem and since I haven't played my lock in a while I'm late to the party?

My demon leap seems pretty consistent for me on flat surfaces (and I only really specify because I've never really jumped about uneven ground much), you sure you're lining it up right?

what is far?? becuase usually i only end up leaping 10yards or so... i think its way too short, its like a third or less of heroic leap. and some times i end up leaping 5yards or so. but i agree its very random

I'm with Penguin. My leaps have been consistent every time.

Deleted
    More annoyingly why does this spell even bother to have a CD? same with Immo aura (which only comes back off CD for a couple of seconds) kinda silly.

I've never found any problem with it. It's always the same distance afaik.
    Lock -- My Main
    Druid -- My Alt

A no cd and no gcd leap would be so much fun.

For some reason I get the idea you have the wrong functionality in mind. Demon Leap works like Blink, it'll always shoot you forward the same distance. It doesn't shoot for your target or anything.

If you're on a flat or downhill surface, the distance is always the same. Uphill will often times cut the leap short.

Mine has been pretty consistent as well, haven't noticed any weird behaviour.

Deleted
    Demon Leap Metamorphosis
    45 sec cooldown
    Requires Metamorphosis
    Leap through the air 16 yards in front of you, slamming down on all enemies within 5 yards of the target area, causing 2214 to 2624 Shadow damage and stunning them for 2 sec.

The difference between leap and blink is elevation does affect it. If you leap from the top of a hill you will go further. Much how rocket boots work.

Deleted
    In my opinion, Demon Leap should work just like Warrior's Heroic Leap. Keep the range, but make it so we can target where we want to leap. We have wings, damnit!

Demon Leap is pretty awesome and doesn't really need changing.
    Last edited by silverhatred; 2011-09-12 at 02:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as you are on a flat surface your demoleap will always make you leap the same distance.
    If you jump on uneven surfaces you'll get funny scenarios such as leaping only 2 yard.

The ability is fine, you just need to learn how to use it properly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    A no cd and no gcd leap would be so much fun.
    diablo 2 mage blink much :3?

Thanks guys, I have just started playing demo again since back in wotlk. I thought demon leap was suppose to leap towrds your target automatically kinda like a leaping charge. I guess I'll just have to make sure my target is dead to rights when I press demon leap for now on

Deleted
    Note that demon leap will leap a set amount of yards in the direction that you're facing. It doesn't go towards your target. If you have a delay (everybody's got a delay) then turning fast and demon leaping quickly will make you end in some spot you did not intend to go to. If you're jumping over ledges, up hills, down hills, past corners, over what looks like a flat surface but it really has invissible stairs, over a critter, over a pixel, your character might somehow get stuck and you make less distance. It is all about analyzing the terrain before you do it. For PVP that isn't really possible, for PVE there are hardly any encounters where the surface isn't completely flat and awesome-looking. Depending on where you do Shannox.

The leap direction is based on the way your movement camera is pointing (the one you right click for). It works the same way as shadowflame. You can flip your camera and cast it and though the animation goes one direction the actual spell effect goes another.

should be able to target our landing location like the warrior has it.
    and the range of it.....why is it so short...we have wings ffs
    Peace, the number 1 reason for War.
    Fight on my minions
    /petattack

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by salpsan View Post
    should be able to target our landing location like the warrior has it.
    and the range of it.....why is it so short...we have wings ffs
    Yes it is to short, seeing as demo is a melee ranged caster class at this stage.
    It's something that pops up a lot in the Class Feedback: Warlock on the blizz forum, at the moment.

On a side note, every had levitate cast on you while in Meta, I think they could/should make uses of that animation more.