Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Exclamation Razer Naga Issue!?

Hey guys; today in the mail I just recieved my new Razer Naga Molten, which I am really excited about... except for one thing...

I pretty much have a problem with the laser, I think? I have installed the latest drivers and firmware for those, and EVERYTHING about the mouse works GREAT!

But randomly the mouse cursor will freeze, like the laser has shut off then it will resume in a few seconds... The weird thing is that while it is frozen it will still be lit up, I can still use the mouse wheel and mouse buttons even the side buttons...

Its really annoying and I have looked at stuff on google, but to no avail I have not found someone with a similar problem

I am using a 64bit computer if that helps, and my Razer Lycosa Mirror works perfectly fine (in case that conflicts with it???)

I also am using a hard black/red only mousepad, and the problem will often go away for around 10 minutes then come back, and I think it also might have to do with the wiring? (because when the wire is crumpled or all curved / etc it tends to happen more often but now that I straightened it it happens less?

Any solution at all is helpful!!!

Thanks so much !

- Ice
    Last edited by icecruiser; 2011-09-12 at 11:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i talked to a friend that had the same problem with a different razer mouse, his solution was to throw it away and buy a G9x, you could try RMA, but thats not gonna stop you from getting another bad razer

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Haha, I have tried it at a mates house but I just dont really like the grip; it doesn't feel right for me I ended up just sending this mouse back and getting another one, thanks anyways

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    you could try RMA, but thats not gonna stop you from getting another bad razer
    I can't help but wonder why so many people think Razer is trash, considering for every few posts about someone who "knows a guy who knew a guy who's brothers friend knows a guy that had bad Razer experiences", there are more posts from people currently using Razer products with no problems at all (like my Naga that has been working perfectly fine for 1.5+ years)

To the OP: Talk to Razer and try to get an RMA for a new mouse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Optochip View Post
    I can't help but wonder why so many people think Razer is trash, considering for every few posts about someone who "knows a guy who knew a guy who's brothers friend knows a guy that had bad Razer experiences", there are more posts from people currently using Razer products with no problems at all (like my Naga that has been working perfectly fine for 1.5+ years)

actually, for every post about someone who praises razer, there are usually twice as many haters, i personally have yet to find a perfect razer product, even the blackwidow im typing on has problems, IMO ( and this is very IMO) razer needs to GTFO the market, they make nothing but crap and spoonfeed it to the public as quality product, alienware is better then razer, at least their stuff doesn't break 65% of the time

Quote Originally Posted by Optochip View Post

They are however prone to manufacturing defects. This is not good business.
    No matter how good the product technically is, if the damned thing doesn't work it's a load of crap.

My vote is to replace device VIA RMA. I have found Razer to be fantastic in the support department. (use a lot of razer products for my job, and though I have had very FEW problems, when they do arise their support is fantastic)

Some have mentioned problems but I have found there are more people HIGHLY satisfied than not with Razer products. (typed using a Black Widow Ultimate Keyboard and a Naga Epic Mouse). Good luck, hope it gets ironed out.

p.s. (did you check to see if there was a firmware update for the mouse?

When I first bought a razer naga, it lasted roughly 8 months before the lazer totally died. There were symptoms of the mouse finally going bad(you had to unplug the mouse and plug it back in for the mouse cursor to move). This little issue would happen more and more until finally the mouse gave up the ghost.

Fortunately though, Razer support was actually pretty good. I went through their RMA process and they gave me a replacement. But meanwhile my wife's Logitech MX518 has been going strong for the last 4+ years. So in closing, I mean I like the razer stuff but it doesn't seem to last as long as the logitech stuff. Razer does honor their 2-year warranty on mice so at least that's good.

Had a Razer Naga for about 1½ month then the laser died or a cord got disconnected internal or something. A friend of mine had one aswell for almost a year without problems, from when it first hit the stores. The place where i bought it reported that alot of the recent sold naga's had had same problem so seems like Razer should take a look on the manufaktur, and get them to sharpen up.

Anyway you should be able to exchange it for a new mouse where you bought it, then hope it dont have the same defect. Or get another mouse for the store credit.

---------- Post added 2011-09-12 at 06:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    i talked to a friend that had the same problem with a different razer mouse, his solution was to throw it away and buy a G9x, you could try RMA, but thats not gonna stop you from getting another bad razer
    Why a g9x when you get a naga you get it for the extra buttons, if any you should replace it with a g700

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ty all I will contact Razer tonight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Should mail it back and mark it DOA or just faulty

I bought naga to my girlfriend last year and she kept having problems with.
    The mouse kept freezing / "falling asleep" if you stopped moving it even for .5 seconds.
    We both had razers own metallic 2 side speed/exact when i bought it to her.

And then couple months back i decided it was time to change my logitech G mouse to something with more buttons i went and bought the new steelseries cataclysm gaming mouse and while i was in the shop i also grapped with me a steelseries fabric/textile mouse mat since i wanted something bit bigger than the metallic razer i was using.

When i went home i tried how well naga would glide on the new steelseries mat and to my surprise naga worked on that mat like a charm. And by that i mean all of those freezing problems were gone. Needles to say i drove back to the store and bought another fabric mat for the naga..

I'm not saying this is the solution for your problem, but it's sure worth checking out it's not that weird problem ( meaning razer mouse not working with razer mat but working perfectly with competitors mat).

I have the exact same problem. I am running windows 7 64 bit as well. I exchanged the naga and replaced it for a new naga and it is still doing the same thing. I tried reformating my computer, changing mouse pads, tweaking the power managment for the usb ports, updating all the drivers and firm ware but it is still doing it once every 10 mins or so. The cursor will just stop moving for about 5 seconds while the rest of the buttons on the mouse are still usable. This destroys me when im trying to do some pvp in wow or play fps

I'm not saying this is the for-sure problem... but I had a similar experience as Sauna--except with a Logitech mouse. The mouse would just kinda stutter/skip and it turned out to be my mousepad, not the mouse. When I got a razer mouse, it did the same thing on the plastic mousepad, but worked fine on the cloth. (I'm using one of the Goliathus mousepads now)

Do you have any pets?

Something as simple as a single hair can mess up the laser. I have a dog that sheds and sometimes hairs get caught in the center thing that goes around where the laser is, it makes it bug out.

It's probably unlikely since it's brand new, but just make sure there's nothing actually in the way of the laser.

I didn't get the molten for this reason its a "Special" edition and from all this talk of it having problems it should be in "Special" ed.

---------- Post added 2011-09-25 at 08:07 PM ----------

But on another note.... When razor sends you a nice working product it is the coolest not the best you can get but thats just my opinion. I still use a lot of there products because I've gotten use to them the past few years.

tried hookin up the mouse to another pc and it seems to be occuring less but still happened once

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Do you have any pets?

Something as simple as a single hair can mess up the laser. I have a dog that sheds and sometimes hairs get caught in the center thing that goes around where the laser is, it makes it bug out.

It's probably unlikely since it's brand new, but just make sure there's nothing actually in the way of the laser.
    I know it's old, but this worked for me. I cleaned the mouse properly and it started working.