Thread: HoN, worth it?

Deleted

HoN, worth it?

so HoN has gone f2p, i have thought about beginning it, but i have heard that the gameplay is allmost the same as Wc3 dota, and i prefer the LoL model with more speed and bursting than the slow Wc3 model, should i go for it anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Durh View Post
    so HoN has gone f2p, i have thought about beginning it, but i have heard that the gameplay is allmost the same as Wc3 dota, and i prefer the LoL model with more speed and bursting than the slow Wc3 model, should i go for it anyway?
    HoN is worth it, the game is faster paced than LoL. It might get you some time to get used to it again, because LoL whilst being the same genre it is a whole different game.

But it is fun, and it is F2P. There is nothing to lose!
    ◕ ‿ ◕ uguu~

10+ Year Old Account
    The game is, however, full of trolls. Expect to be harassed and trolled.

Quote Originally Posted by Narna View Post
    The game is, however, full of trolls. Expect to be harassed and trolled.
    True, but since he also played LoL I thought he would know that by now!

Prepare for smurfs, flamers and trolls.

EDIT:

Also a good tip is to stay out of the general forums, the community is really self-entitled.
    If you do want to go on the forums I'd recommend these.
    Last edited by Riathy; 2011-09-12 at 11:45 AM.
    ◕ ‿ ◕ uguu~

what is HoN?

Quote Originally Posted by smokii View Post
    what is HoN?
    Heroes of Newerth, a DOTA clone.

Do no waste your time on hon, the game is a shadow of what it once were, and deff not worth anyones time.

Rather wait for dota, or stay in lol, whatever your thing is.

10+ Year Old Account
    In my experience, the LoL trolls don't even hold a candle to the HoN trolls. It's like every other damn match.
    Maybe I just got unlucky while I was playing it, but it really turned me away.

Quote Originally Posted by Durh View Post
    It all depends in which gameplay you like more. I play LoL mostly and a little DOTA. I have played HoN but not anymore, HoN gameplay is exactly like dota.

Also, DOTA 2 is coming if you like that style, although i think its not gonna be F2P.

All of these games are good games.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    It all depends in which gameplay you like more. I play LoL mostly and a little DOTA. I have played HoN but not anymore, HoN gameplay is exactly like dota.

Also, DOTA 2 is coming if you like that style, although i think its not gonna be F2P.

All of these games are good games.
    In response to DotA 2. The chances of it being the same Payment model as League of Legends is very high, seeing as it has made alot more money than HoN over time.

To answer the question as to whether you should play HoN. Why not? Give it a try, see if you like it. It is an exact copy of the original DotA so if you liked that more than LoL, you'll probably like it.

Deleted
    i'd say no and i've played in since closed beta when madman was just about to be released.

Its f2p now though so you could try it i guess..still i dont recommend balance issues server issues, pile of shit for the last 4months or somthing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Halym View Post
    In my experience, the LoL trolls don't even hold a candle to the HoN trolls. It's like every other damn match.
    Maybe I just got unlucky while I was playing it, but it really turned me away.
    Yep same, I played LoL and decided to take a look at HoN, 10mins looking through HoN's forum and I didn't even want to try that game

Quote Originally Posted by Jaffa Saurus View Post
    Yep same, I played LoL and decided to take a look at HoN, 10mins looking through HoN's forum and I didn't even want to try that game
    You do not check forums of a game if you want to play it. Especially official forums.

Check the WoW general discussion for instance, a lot of whining there (last time I checked at least)
    Those whiners are the minority, they always are.
    ◕ ‿ ◕ uguu~

HoN has absolutely the worst community I've ever seen. Between that and the steep learning curve of the game, I found myself unable to get into it. It may differ for you, however.