Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ayraqt View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...dontask/simple sadly cata geared lvl 79 twink ferals are not exactly what we are looking for GL in your search for a guild.
    Now that is a comeback!

Quote Originally Posted by Shemade View Post
    And that means a lot will change, they will re-balance over and over, and use your lolWoW as an example. My point in hand is this; don't call yourself the best if the game isn't even out. Most of us haven't played it, and most of us don't care to either. BTW, please post your WoW armory, and the "5 times gladiator's" armory as well, I'm curious if you both play resto shamans and ezmode through to 26000000 rating.
    guild wars separates pvp and pve

guild wars sold a few million boxes and gw2 is expected to sell a few million more

you sound like a complete, idiotic bitch

I have a feeling that a lot of WoW PvPers are going to be really bad at GW2 PvP. I'd be careful about recruiting before the game comes out. Just my two cents though. GL!

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    guild wars separates pvp and pve

guild wars sold a few million boxes and gw2 is expected to sell a few million more

you sound like a complete, idiotic bitch
    You sound like an angry nerd. WoW seperates PvE and PvP, you can't roll into a raid and wipe the opposite faction yourself.

@79 cata feral druid, my point is I went 45-0, that's a testament to balance. Though, I'd like to see 90% of you even get wrecking ball, even using my gear.

I'm not spamming nor trolling, I'm trying to pick at his mind a bit so he either realizes he needs to get more serious or find another means of recruitment. As previously stated, at 30% acceptance rate, you won't have the best. You'll have many mediocre players, and the OPs armory looks nice, but he also hasn't done any HMs since WoTLK. Is that because the learning curve is too high, even for a supposed top PvP player? Most high end PvP players on my realm cleared most of HM's as well as have full 384 for PvP.
    it's actually common for a new game. you accept more into a NEW GAME because sometimes those other pros DON'T work out and sometimes new players just simply lack a history they can use to get their foot in the door. i personally don't see a problem with it. i don't see why you can't shut up and go play wow since you love it so much that you can't like another game.

Deleted
    I'm not spamming nor trolling, I'm trying to pick at his mind a bit so he either realizes he needs to get more serious or find another means of recruitment. As previously stated, at 30% acceptance rate, you won't have the best. You'll have many mediocre players, and the OPs armory looks nice, but he also hasn't done any HMs since WoTLK. Is that because the learning curve is too high, even for a supposed top PvP player? Most high end PvP players on my realm cleared most of HM's as well as have full 384 for PvP.
    Hard modes? i dont pve rofl i was too busy boosting people all season to do pve as well of maintain a healthy irl.
    The only hardmodes i have done on that char we done pmuch during cata for wotlk.
    I dont raid i have very little intrest in raiding i find it dull but hey each to it's own that it possible the most stupid statement i have seen in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    I have a feeling that a lot of WoW PvPers are going to be really bad at GW2 PvP. I'd be careful about recruiting before the game comes out. Just my two cents though. GL!
    the concept of wow pvp isn't new. paper/rock/scissors is common. it's the oldest way to balance mmos for pvp without having everything end up the same.

Deleted
    Thing is, i'd love to play with people often better than me, there is a reason sc2 clans play between themselves to become the best. But i am not looking on commiting to something to then get kicked out of it just because you feel like you want to trim the guild down based on numerical statistics. This has been the problem for me in arenas in previous seasons - gladiators simply wouldnt bother with me just because i dont have gladiator rank before. I can reach it, i can learn and become one of the best as long as people dont act heartlessly towards others seeing only numerical performance, or in other words: elitist douchebags. Im not calling you that but thats my overallperception of such endevours.

You sound like an angry nerd. WoW seperates PvE and PvP, you can't roll into a raid and wipe the opposite faction yourself.

@79 cata feral druid, my point is I went 45-0, that's a testament to balance. Though, I'd like to see 90% of you even get wrecking ball, even using my gear.
    wow doesn't sepArate pve and pvp, you can do both on the same toon.

Deleted
    it's actually common for a new game. you accept more into a NEW GAME because sometimes those other pros DON'T work out and sometimes new players just simply lack a history they can use to get their foot in the door. i personally don't see a problem with it. i don't see why you can't shut up and go play wow since you love it so much that you can't like another game.
    <3 Btw this shemade guy talked about my wow char with no pve exp would like to point out i dont pve and i play wow for 30mins if that a day due to the sad state pvp is in.
    Considering i was playing teams to gladiator for fun last season and your twinking a lvl 79 and rolling with sub <2k exp idk what to say mate.

Just a bit of advice on recruitment threads, you have to have a word with the mods first and get their permission before posting one. Also, I doubt they'd give permission for indivdual recruitment threads as that could get spammy, but I know they gave Trollsbane permission to post a SWTOR one where every post is someone giving details on their respective guilds. If you were to ask them if you could start a Guild Wars 2 guild recruitment thread, then put in the first post in big bold red letters that you have Mod permission, I'm sure it won't be trolled to shit like this one has been!

And if I have the right mental attitude to use my mind to annihilate your existence through the computer, can I? Point is, don't relay on other games PvP to build a PvP guild for a completely seperate game. My suggestion was OP waits for the game to go live, then recruit.
    I really don't see the problem. Maybe there are other very highly motivated people with the same goals as him who also want to play GW2 when it comes out. Being gladiator in WoW shows you are at the same level and want the same things. And the best thing about starting out with a group of like minded people is that you have an advantage at the very start of the game so you stay ahead of everyone else.

And how does waiting untill the game is released help him? They still have to show that they are dedicated and motivated and the best way is through experience (gladiator). OP doesn't want to go through hundreds of recruits who just want to be carried.

p.s. Your first sentence in my quote makes no sense at all. He proved you wrong and you come up with that?

Sorry, I forgot I am discussing this with some 14 year olds (seeing all the jokes about roosters). Great stuff...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by frag971 View Post
    Thing is, i'd love to play with people often better than me, there is a reason sc2 clans play between themselves to become the best. But i am not looking on commiting to something to then get kicked out of it just because you feel like you want to trim the guild down based on numerical statistics. This has been the problem for me in arenas in previous seasons - gladiators simply wouldnt bother with me just because i dont have gladiator rank before. I can reach it, i can learn and become one of the best as long as people dont act heartlessly towards others seeing only numerical performance, or in other words: elitist douchebags. Im not calling you that but thats my overallperception of such endevours.
    The people we accept now will stay till GW2 release most likely we will then ask them to get idk top 1percent in the first 3months or somthing then trim down the excess people who cant.
    We dont mean to sound elitist a pve guild recruiting only people with 12/12 hm or top end pve gear isnt elitist we are just asking for the pvp equal.
    Hope i cleared some things up.

Deleted
    i wuld recomand to make a guild for GW 2 when the game comes out mate

Actually, I don't WoW much anymore. This is more entertaining. The guys "sponser" as he likes to call it, is a free guild creation website...where's the credibility in that? And @ OP saying he was too busy to raid because he was boosting people all season, most people who are this heavily invested in a game tend to do anything and everything. If you can PvP in a decent manner, then you can PvE well. To PvP you need to know your class and abilities inside and out to play at a high level, and thats 90% of the problem with PvErs. They don't know their class, only a generic rotation. I applaud what you're doing, just disapprove of your dishonesty regarding sponsors and the fact that the game hasn't even dropped yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    I really don't see the problem. Maybe there are other very highly motivated people with the same goals as him who also want to play GW2 when it comes out. Being gladiator in WoW shows you are at the same level and want the same things. And the best thing about starting out with a group of like minded people is that you have an advantage at the very start of the game so you stay ahead of everyone else.

And how does waiting untill the game is released help him? They still have to show that they are dedicated and motivated and the best way is through experience (gladiator). OP doesn't want to go through hundreds of recruits who just want to be carried.

p.s. Your first sentence in my quote makes no sense at all. He proved you wrong and you come up with that?

Sorry, I forgot I am discussing this with some 14 year olds (seeing all the jokes about roosters). Great stuff...
    Thanks alot this is our whole idea get people who are the Bis in the game they play :P that way we all can relate to eachother and aim for the same target.

---------- Post added 2011-09-12 at 02:10 PM ----------

Actually, I don't WoW much anymore. This is more entertaining. The guys "sponser" as he likes to call it, is a free guild creation website...where's the credibility in that? And @ OP saying he was too busy to raid because he was boosting people all season, most people who are this heavily invested in a game tend to do anything and everything. If you can PvP in a decent manner, then you can PvE well. To PvP you need to know your class and abilities inside and out to play at a high level, and thats 90% of the problem with PvErs. They don't know their class, only a generic rotation. I applaud what you're doing, just disapprove of your dishonesty regarding sponsors and the fact that the game hasn't even dropped yet.
    Dishonest with what? Please quote exactly what was dishonest please.
    If you applaud what we are doing why would you try disrail the thread so much?

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post

And what "level" is that? You all perceive yourselves to be on a separate "level" than everyone else. And you all enjoy using the word "carried". A true top guild will seek out it's recruits, hand pick them, and groom them if need be. They won't post on the off-topic forum's of MMO-Champ, as this ISN'T the place to find top players. Point in hand, if you want to find the best of a game, you have to watch them play it. Most people won't play GW2, even after it's released. Waiting for it's release, however, gives you a chance to show people why they WANT to join your guild, and for you to see why you WANT them. Recruiting based on previous qualifications would be like taking an 85 year old Marine Corp Sniper over a 22 year old who has the same abilities, same qualifications, just hasn't "had the experience." As ridiculous as that previous analogy, it's the honest truth.

---------- Post added 2011-09-12 at 07:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ayraqt View Post
    Thanks alot this is our whole idea get people who are the Bis in the game they play :P that way we all can relate to eachother and aim for the same target.

---------- Post added 2011-09-12 at 02:10 PM ----------

Dishonest with what? Please quote exactly what was dishonest please.
    If you applaud what we are doing why would you try disrail the thread so much?

I'm not trying to derail your thread. And you're dishonest about your sponsors, a sponsor isn't a free guild hosting website, it's a company such as Razer or HP.

Deleted
    Oh, What a coincidence! Enjin is my "sponser" too! I'm glad I'm not alone here! Hopefully people will understand that you can't just remove your sponsers name like that! )))))

Also,

Originally Posted by ayraqt

Played top 10 pve and PvP and i have to admit that the hardest part of pve is just getting 9/24 other *non retarded people* and even then they can suck in genreal they just need to know how to move and listen to DBM. (This includes hard mode pve)
    Hardmode pve= 2.2k in arena so pretty trival.Even for the top ranked guilds they do not contain any extra skill i mean i have played vs and with some of paragons players and they well ye they were dog awful in arena,i would try explain and they couldnt grasp it not because they sucked in pvp but because they were bad overall *the said player i was boosting was a officer* we actualy hit a wall at 2.7 he just was too special needs :S.
    I hope GW2 has some decent pve that requires 9 more decent ppl will be very fun with no tank heal or dps.
    LuL
    Last edited by mmoc6a381dc082; 2011-09-12 at 01:24 PM.

This thread is pretty epic, it entertained me during breakfast.

If you're going to be serious about this you should have someone with proper English doing the advertising otherwise it just scares people away.

Just a friendly tip, good luck.