Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Holyshnikies View Post
    Grats. Welcome to 2011. Next year comes Windows 8. /facepalm lol. I woulda waited. But grats man. Upgrades are upgrades
    No point waiting for windows 8, it's pretty much the same as 7 except for the touch screen crap.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by taekvideo View Post
    No point waiting for windows 8, it's pretty much the same as 7 except for the touch screen crap.
    I'm not so sure about that, but yes, there is no point in waiting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grats. Welcome to 2011. Next year comes Windows 8. /facepalm lol. I woulda waited. But grats man. Upgrades are upgrades
    You ARE aware that it's just software, right? And that you in all likeliness will be able to upgrade from 7 to 8 without switching a single thing inside the computer.

Deleted
    Awesome. Windows 8.
    Are you talking about the Windows built with touchscreens in mind, Metro UI, Windows 7 look when doing anything remotely related to computers "Windows 8"?
    Yeah, I'd totally wait for that, it's going to be a huge upgrade, and it's going to require a lot more from your pc than Windows 7. Touch 'n all, you know..

And you do realise Windows ships on a disc, and can be installed on any pc?

Quote Originally Posted by Prixie View Post
    and it's going to require a lot more from your pc than Windows 7.
    Probably not unless Microsoft is trying to expand their mobile device market share.
    If it doesn't work well on 1GHz dual core and 512MB/1GB RAM, it will be a failure.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2011-09-12 at 09:49 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    Probably not unless. Microsoft is trying to expand their mobile device market share.
    If it doesn't work well on 1GHz dual core and 512MB/1GB RAM, it will be a failure.
    In case it wasn't completely obvious, the whole post was drowning in sarcasm, only the very last line was serious.

I should have enabled the sarcasm detector.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2011-09-12 at 09:58 PM.

oh u mean except for the directx 3d 12 support, usb 3.0 support, 128 bit, touch screen capablities, facial recognization and better reliability than 7. Ya, who needs futuristic software. Lets just stay here in 2011 forever.

oh u mean except for the directx 3d 12 support, usb 3.0 support, 128 bit, touch screen capablities, facial recognization and better reliability than 7. Ya, who needs futuristic software. Lets just stay here in 2011 forever.
    There won't be a 128bit version, USB 3.0 will get ported to Windows 7, the reliability is questionable, Windows 7 already supports touch screen and there isn't any information from Microsoft about DX12.
    Shall I continue ?

Can't tell if you're serious or sarcastic.
    Assuming you're serious...

There's no good info about dx12 yet, and whether it'll be out before/after windows 8... or whether windows 7 will support it or not. You're just speculating.
    Usb3.0 is supported in windows 7... you can even use it in xp.
    128bit? There aren't any and wont' be any 128bit consumer processors for a long time... we're still migrating to 64bit silly.
    I already mentioned the touch screen crap.
    Lol never heard of the login via facial recognition feature, seems interesting but hardly a necessary feature worth waiting at least a year to upgrade for.
    Windows 7 will be more reliable than windows 8, at least until windows 8 is out for a few years and has a service pack or 2. New operating systems always have lower reliability for awhile... especially vista, god that sucked.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    What is this nonsense quoting ghz without specifying the architecture. That's like telling people how many laps you ran without specifying the distance of a lap
    I enjoyed that more then I should have I think. taekvideo you're a god.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonesjr View Post
    I enjoyed that more then I should have I think. taekvideo you're a god.
    lol good to know some people share my sense of humor xD

Quote Originally Posted by Prixie View Post
    Awesome. Windows 8.
    Are you talking about the Windows built with touchscreens in mind, Metro UI, Windows 7 look when doing anything remotely related to computers "Windows 8"?
    Yeah, I'd totally wait for that, it's going to be a huge upgrade, and it's going to require a lot more from your pc than Windows 7. Touch 'n all, you know..

And you do realise Windows ships on a disc, and can be installed on any pc?
    How do you know that all of Windows 8 has touch screens in mind? I heard rumors ages ago that they'd have a "Gaming Edition" Along with the home basic premium professional and ultimate. Also, that's just one UI, the touch screen stuff. The OS could have a really nice flip side to it for desktops.
    Intruders detected. Primary defense matrix initiated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    If I could sleep next to a running vacuum cleaner, I woudn't care. I cannot, therefore, I care.

Windows 7 will be more reliable than windows 8, at least until windows 8 is out for a few years and has a service pack or 2. New operating systems always have lower reliability for awhile... especially vista, god that sucked.
    That alone is enough of a reason to buy now, unless MS surprises us and Win8 is actually stable on release I'd be sticking with Win7 if I had it(still running Vista with minimal issues) until SP1 or so. Let everyone else be the guinea pig testers of the new OS, I'll just wait till most of the kinks are worked out.

The reason why people stayed with XP for so long is that... it worked just fine. There was no reason to replace it.
    Windows 7 also works just fine.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2011-09-13 at 02:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OmnitronDefenseSystem View Post
    How do you know that all of Windows 8 has touch screens in mind? I heard rumors ages ago that they'd have a "Gaming Edition" Along with the home basic premium professional and ultimate. Also, that's just one UI, the touch screen stuff. The OS could have a really nice flip side to it for desktops.
    Where did you hear those rumors? A gaming edition would be awesome but I doubt it's true =\

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure my USB 3 ports work back here in 2011 already Getting the speed and all from my USB 3.0 disk.

Uhm well every point you make is pretty much BS so.. whew.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still using a Sempron 3400+ (939)

/crys

Deleted
    What is this nonsense quoting ghz without specifying the architecture. That's like telling people how many laps you ran without specifying the distance of a lap >_>
    This one is pretty funny i gota translate this in german

@OP gratz on you new rig and enjoys the multitasking

WOOOT so got my new rig yesterday slapped windows xp on it ( so my ghetto ass only has to pay 100 bucks to upgrade to windows 7 instead of 188 lol ) runs smoothly and i can even run Youtube videos at 1080p without any lag! old comp 480p would lag =/ lol