Class Feedback - Wishlist Discussion

HOLY PRIEST PVE - Post your spec and PVE/PVP so we don't get confused

I thought I'd share my wishlist. Expecting lots of flames for "not posting to the official forums". Of course I did, but it will foster more discussion here. Other people are free to share their wishlists and shoot mine to the ground.

What’s on your wish list for your class?

Holy priests need love in terms of gear available. Yes, there is well itemized gear available from normal modes, however the heroic raid tier of gear is terribly itemized for us, yet well itemized for all other healers. Why?

Holy priests need some type of raid cooldown to stay competitive in cutting edge progression. At the moment we fill the same role as resto druids, raid healing. However compared to the resto druids superior efficiency and HPS we are left in the dust. Combine this with the fact that the resto druids raid cooldown is on a 3 minute timer, where as ours is 8 minutes, and theirs is up to 3-4 times more effective. It's mind boggling and holding holy priests back in progression focused guilds.

The talent spirit of redemption needs to be fixed. Currently it is a waste and only useful if you die. To kill two birds with one stone the talent should convert a certain percentage of spirit into spell power. Since holy priests NEED spirit more than ever where as other classes are dropping spirit for more throughput, this would allow us to increase our through put without sacrificing our much needed regen.

Another option with the spirit of redemption talent is to turn it into some type of active skill that also serves as our much needed raid cooldown. Something along the lines of doubling healing and halving mana cost for X seconds OR boosting healing to the entire raid by X% and doing a small amount of constant AoE healing, similar to divine hymn, but more useful while fixing a dead talent. This would breathe new life into an iconic holy priest talent AND fill our desperate need for the raid cooldown that every other healer has. To clarify when using the skill visually the priest would enter the angel form and channel the spell, and not die upon completion. The priest could possibly immune to damage and interrupts during this small (4-6 second?) window, similar to how it functions currently, opening up PVP possibilities.
    Last edited by Dorfie; 2011-09-12 at 05:41 PM.

I really only play Disc, but I can second a request for a different functionality on Spirit of Redemption when I am holy. I do disagree on your request for a different role beyond raid healing. Here's my idea for an updated Spirit.

Spirit of Redemption
    Instant Cast - up to 30% base mana (can be used if at less than this and actually ends up being a good choice when almost oom).
    Works exactly as current spirit of redemption but you turn it on while alive. Still also activates immediately upon death (now with a different talent maybe? so 2 points for full function). 3 minute cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    I do disagree on your request for a different role beyond raid healing.
    I'd like to clarify I didn't mean to convey this message at all. Simply that holy priests are largely by design raid healers, and such we get compared to resto druids, who also raid heal. That's a comparison we just can't win at the moment. I'm sick of being asked to respec disc or reroll a resto druid.

Also I like you suggestion of not changing spirit of redemption, but instead just making it active (without death of course). It'd be nice for spam healing during burn phases, maybe a +20% healing buff during it would be nice so it isn't just a mana saver.

15+ Year Old Account
    Holy needs active regen, spirit regen is never fun

Divine hymn is a joke hps wise

Guardian spirit was great when 2 hits killed a tank but now its little lame

don't play anymore but thats what sucked 3 months ago

- Triggerable Spirit of Redemption. Suicide button if you like. Hey, what Edlarel said!
    - Replace Flash heal with Binding Heal. Saves a button or two. In fact - less heals!
    - State of Mind must die painfully in ways involving peanuts and fire.
    - Cooldown equality - or a written letter of apology from the raid design team vowing to never do that again!
    - All regen based on spirit primarily.
    - Rework Chakra into a minor short-term triggerable boost spell.
    - Remove the lightwell already.
    - Talents working with spells we can actually afford. Flash Heal talents are all fine and dandy, but won't impact gameplay.
    - Make renew worthwhile casting, or kill the renew talents
    - Make holypriests use holy spells and buff smite damage to at least equal half that of a DPSer.

Quote Originally Posted by tehmark View Post
    Guardian spirit was great when 2 hits killed a tank but now its little lame
    Even if this were the case, and it isn't (a few of the bosses are capable of two shotting you under the right conditions), it's very much still useable to save a DPS that fracked up.

I play both Holy and Disc and I can say I only go Holy for 1 fight... Ragnaros and even then it's purely just for P2 the rest of the time the Paladin healer is pretty much solo healing that raid because Holy's viability in a single target situation sucks compared to a Disc Priest. I never really have mana issues in Holy though so my problem isn't there, it's with the single target capabilities and Guardian Spirit, I would love it if they could rework Holy's CD's to be a little more effective, I don't know how they could rework Guardian Spirit to be a bit more useful than just those "rare" instances, to be honest I use it on accident more than on purpose and even then it's never saved a life in the 2 years I've been playing my priest.

I would love for holy to stay as mainly a raid healer but beef up it's single target capabilities and maybe more interesting CD's, I know Guardian Spirit is interest but not enough to keep it on my bars as Holy.

Deleted
    I play Holy/Disc in PVE raids at a heroic level. Like many other priests in 10man, i'm now disc as every extra cooldown and utility counts when you dont have the diversity of a 25man raid.

Most of my wishlist/gripes is for Holy, but some is applicable to all Priests.

Holy Mastery in its current state often gets converted into overhealing or not at all as the target dies before Echo of light fully spends on the target. It cannot be relied on in the same way a 30k DA shield can.
    Disc Mastery works very closely with divine aegis, a spell which can be stacked up on entire groups and then maintained indefinitely if not consumed by using prayer of healing every 10-12 seconds.

Disc priests have an additional cooldown over Holy priests. PW:barrier, Pain suppression, Power infusion VS... Lightwell and Guardian Spirit.

Perhaps Hymns should have a shorter cooldown whilst in Holy spec, but still available to disc/shadow.

Prayer of Healing is still based on party layout. Healing output shouldn't be determined by raid group administration. It should be made proximity based or as a casted version of a Circle of Healing style smart heal (heal low health targets within x range of target)

Lightwell should pop up a pet bar style button on everyone's UI in the raid so they can keybind it. That way they dont have to search for it to click on whilst mashing keys.

Holy Nova has no use these days. It had it's use for a boss fight in Blackwing Lair, and on trap in Stratholme but that's all. With rogue's range on sap these days, I do not believe there's an application for it in PVP any more.

The Holy Tree has too many redundant talents already.
    Spirit of Redemption has no redeeming features now the 5% spirit buff has been removed.
    The Chakra talent State of Mind is a white elephant. The benefits of Chakra are too weak, and Boss fights designed in such a way that a 3/6 second shorter cooldown on changing chakra states worth 2 talent points will be much better spent in the Disc or Shadow tree.

Serendipity - Considering how punished we are for spamming our 'fast inefficient heals', this talent feels very contradictory. If Flash heal was cheap, fast and weak, I'd see how reducing the cast time/manacost of our big heals is useful. Swap Flash heal with Heal, or change Flash Heal.

Might go through this later when i'm not so tired and edit it so it makes more sense.

shadow orbs, mastery overall, shadow form (wtb turn off button), uniqueness (mana battery in tbc)

Disc -> Penance able to stack Evangelism. Thought on something like 3 stacks while using as damage spell and 1 stack when used to heal.

Holy -> Spirit redemption should also lower the CD of Divine Hymn by 5/6minute.

shadow -> Shadowform talent should have a built in proc that allow a llama to appear for real spitting everyone who try to complain about shadowform. On a serious note, hope we won't get nerfed, again.I'm a bit tired to find myself badly itemized 'cuz sillies changes that drive us from a stat to another.

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    Disc -> Penance able to stack Evangelism. Thought on something like 3 stacks while using as damage spell and 1 stack when used to heal.

Holy -> Spirit redemption should also lower the CD of Divine Hymn by 5/6minute.

shadow -> Shadowform talent should have a built in proc that allow a llama to appear for real spitting everyone who try to complain about shadowform. On a serious note, hope we won't get nerfed, again.I'm a bit tired to find myself badly itemized 'cuz sillies changes that drive us from a stat to another.
    Simply reducing the cooldown of Divine Hymn wouldn't make it worth casting over PoH/CoH spam.

Quote Originally Posted by Afflictid View Post
    Simply reducing the cooldown of Divine Hymn wouldn't make it worth casting over PoH/CoH spam.
    This in itself is a major crux of the matter.

Personally on the cooldown arms race, what needs to happen for healer cooldowns is more cooldowns. Specifically throughput cooldowns. Paladins going to town with their Wings, or Guardian of the Ancient Kings. Druids with the hipstertree. And Discipline with Power Infusion and/or Archangel. Using these alone don't make/break an encounter, but using them well goes above and beyond just simply hitting cooldown <X> and winning the game (Barrier/Tranq/Divine Guardian/Aura Mastery).

Holy's could be tied to the Holy Words (Serenity increases Renew/Echo on a target, Sanctuary increases all healing recieved from the Priest), in which we have an equivalent to Archangel.

....but that's more dream world over reality. The reality is, the Arms Race is here for at least the next patch. It's not going away, unfortunately. It should be pointed out to the Developers why this is a bad thing, and that Tranq, Spirit Link, et al should fall into the uselessness of the current Divine Hymn for 5.0. So that said I think we can agree that a +15% healing increase to Divine Hymn on a 3 minute cooldown, tagging on a 30% increased raid healing taken during its channel.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~