View Poll Results: Am I the only one who isn't buying the whole Star Wars MMO is the next big thing?

Voters
108. This poll is closed
  • OMG I'm totally buying this you're insane!

36 33.33%
  • Dude I feel the same way this thing is gonna be craptastic!

56 51.85%
  • I haven't even heard anything about it?

7 6.48%
  • I'm going to be playing Runescape so why does it matter?

9 8.33%
Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bloody Bamboo Forrest of Eternal Nightmares

Am I the only one who isn't psyched over the Star Wars MMO?

Just like the title states. I have seen gameplay videos, read about it, looked at countless screen shots, and I'm even a fan of the movies. How come I'm not excited about it? It just looks so lame. I mean it has some kind of cartoonish graphics, the gameplay and mechanics look rigid/crappy, and the only thing that actually looks good in the whole thing is the cut scenes. I don't see this even getting in the same ball park as WoW, and as far as it being a WoW killer...do I have to remind you all of War, Conan, or Aion? Why can no one just make something with the same appeal as WoW with better graphics, and more intense gameplay? I'm tired of being let down!

Deleted
    Same here. I do get why some people are tho, but I simply dont think it's a huge deal because im not really a fan of the Star Wars games, so i'll be sticking to wow.

No you are not the only one. And that's okay. If everyone on Earth liked the same things, Earth would be pretty boring.

The game play videos just remind of Anarchy Online, with WoW game play, that's pretty boring. The video I watched all I saw was everybody doing the same 1-2 animations over and over.

"Why can no one just make something with the same appeal as WoW with better graphics, and more intense gameplay? I'm tired of being let down!"

You mean like GW2?

I am soso on it. not hyped really but ill check it out im just skeptical because of how much they have been controlling the info coming out on it.
    End? No, the journey doesn't end here. Death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass, and then you see it.

It's another "WoW-Killer" that I'm glad I won't be a part of; it's just going to flop WITHIN A MONTH AFTER RELEASE LIKE ALL THE OTHERS.

Aion? Dead.
    Rift? Dead
    Everything else? Dead. (Forgot the others, but they all died off)
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    See the problem is though I actually want this to be better than WoW I want something to come along that is so much better that I can actually get into. It's like everyone keeps throwing rocks at a window but none of them is breaking through just making small cracks and chips.

I like a lot of the ideas but the combat videos i've seen didn't exactly fill me with excitement :| I'm still definitely going to try it at some point though... I still like WOW after coming back to it after a 6 month break so i'd maybe take a 1 month break from wow to try Star Wars and then play both WOW and Star Wars if I find I actually like it enough to keep a subscription running.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    The game play videos just remind of Anarchy Online, with WoW game play, that's pretty boring. The video I watched all I saw was everybody doing the same 1-2 animations over and over.

"Why can no one just make something with the same appeal as WoW with better graphics, and more intense gameplay? I'm tired of being let down!"

You mean like GW2?
    Guild Wars?.....I gave the first one a go and it was such a disappointment. Why would I want to play a game where the only social interaction you get is inside towns. I'll be putting GW2 on the list of WoW killers...

10+ Year Old Account
    not a star wars fan so yea

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    It's another "WoW-Killer" that I'm glad I won't be a part of; it's just going to flop WITHIN A MONTH AFTER RELEASE LIKE ALL THE OTHERS.

Aion? Dead.
    Rift? Dead
    Er, just to correct you, neither Rift or Aion is really *dead*, Aion is huge in Korea, far from dead.

To answer OP, no, you're not alone, I just don't like Star Wars in general, so I have no interest even if it turns out to be good.
    Quote Originally Posted by redruMPanda View Post
    Guild Wars?.....I gave the first one a go and it was such a disappointment. Why would I want to play a game where the only social interaction you get is inside towns. I'll be putting GW2 on the list of WoW killers...
    *Facepalm* Look up GW2 before making assumptions. GW2 is *not* a WoW Killer, god forbid another MMO comes out these days, they are automatically labeled as trying to kill WOW, if GW2 wanted to kill WoW it would have a sub fee.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post

Aion? Dead.
    Rift? Dead
    I dont really think so, since its based on Star wars, I think most of the players wont even be wow players. there will be loads of players that bought the game just because they love Star wars.

The second one will be different. It'll be more like wow, but still different.

because gw /= gw2

Never really had an interest in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lots of people arn't excited about it.
    Lots of people don't play MMO's.
    Lots of people don't like Star Wars.

I mean, I can go on but I think the point is made.

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    Not even remotely. I just cannot seem to find the same feeling in fantasy games set in the future. Don't get me wrong, I love the Star Wars series, just not the whole idea of making it an MMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm beginning to think the only MMO that will actually pull me away from WoW will be another Blizzard MMO I think they are just too good at what they do.

As a Star Wars geek I'd be crazy to at least not try this, but from what I've seen...it's a SW reskin of WoW. The main thing that makes me wanna at least try GW2...is the ability to, you know...JUMP.

If you want a game experience entirely different from WoW, you definitely should give GW2 a shot.