View Poll Results: Am I the only one who isn't buying the whole Star Wars MMO is the next big thing?

Voters
108. This poll is closed
  • OMG I'm totally buying this you're insane!

36 33.33%
  • Dude I feel the same way this thing is gonna be craptastic!

56 51.85%
  • I haven't even heard anything about it?

7 6.48%
  • I'm going to be playing Runescape so why does it matter?

9 8.33%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    It's another "WoW-Killer" that I'm glad I won't be a part of; it's just going to flop WITHIN A MONTH AFTER RELEASE LIKE ALL THE OTHERS.

Aion? Dead.
    Rift? Dead
    Everything else? Dead. (Forgot the others, but they all died off)
    You must be stupid if you think Rift and Aion are dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by netbarrett View Post
    Someone said that SW:TOR could be what WOW was to Everquest: Same base, few steps evoluted. I agree with that at least from what i've seen, have to wait until hands on though.
    This is exactly what it's going to be. Also to the OP, you stated you don't want a different experience from WoW but something similar with better graphics and better lore......wel that's exactly what SWTOR is going to be. I'm not saying WoW lore is bad but the fact that a lot of what happens in lore is put in books instead of the game makes it a terrible story telling design. SWTOR has better graphics, just as smooth gameplay, bigger sense of scale in their zones and all of the story is taking place in game not shared in between games and books.
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

15+ Year Old Account
    I voted Runescape because The Secret World wasn't on there and it seemed that option resembled my plans the most

Anyway, I'm not too exited for it. It will run for a while, but its the same hype I see for every "new" game.
    Dawwwwwww

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by redruMPanda View Post
    Just like the title states. I have seen gameplay videos, read about it, looked at countless screen shots, and I'm even a fan of the movies. How come I'm not excited about it? It just looks so lame. I mean it has some kind of cartoonish graphics, the gameplay and mechanics look rigid/crappy, and the only thing that actually looks good in the whole thing is the cut scenes. I don't see this even getting in the same ball park as WoW, and as far as it being a WoW killer...do I have to remind you all of War, Conan, or Aion? Why can no one just make something with the same appeal as WoW with better graphics, and more intense gameplay? I'm tired of being let down!
    I think it comes down to 2 main issues. 1-The jedi in the game will not compare to the jedi in the movies. The jedi in the movies were practically gods who could only be defeated by other jedi and R2 units. 2-The artwork is based on a game from 7 years ago. Bioware has stated that they want the same 'Look' as the first KOTOR, but that doesn't leave them with a lot of freedom.

Personally, I'm going to play it. But I loved both of the KOTOR games, and was severely dissapointed when Cataclysm took away my relaxing heroics. TOR has indicated that there will be an entire planet for end-game quests, in addition to separate story lines for each class. This will keep me playing no matter the difficulty of operations.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    Stop being delusional. I'm not trying to bash the game in any way, but your train of thought is absolutely ridiculous. The Star Wars IP is massive, yes, but how much of that following will actually be interested in an MMO? Yeah, an extremely minor portion. Last I checked, LotR was a pretty goddamn big IP too, and just look at that HUUUUGE impact LotRO had. -_-
    To be fair, the appeal of a LotR MMO has been watered-down tremendously because other games basically rip off virtually everything from LotR and incoporate them in their own gaming worlds. In fact, you could probably make a legit claim that EVERY sword-and-sorcery type of MMO is based off the Tolkien world in one way or another.

Star Wars doesn't have that same issue where a dozen other MMO's have already thoroughly explored the sci-fi-MMO universe, and Star Wars also has pretty distinct lore even for a sci-fi universe. So the POTENTIAL to be huge is still there, but numbers like 10 million in 2 years and 20 million in 5 years are not reasonable.

on the fence with it, love starwars, love bioware games, but fear it will suffer the same problems all mmos do at start poor balance, lack of content.
    Whether the world's greatest gnats or the world's greatest heroes, you're still only mortal!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not that psyched. It looks like they are going for WoW, but IN SPACE and with lazors. I'll give it a try, sure, but I'm not expecting anything groundbreaking. Taht's what GW2 is for.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazert View Post
    You must be stupid if you think Rift and Aion are dead.
    Yea that's pretty stupid what he's saying lol. Even Ultima Online isn't dead according to the Bioware devs since BioWare Mythic handles the game

Anyways regarding the poll, well i don't really care for it or even this thread, it's pretty a retarded one *facepalm*

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Er, just to correct you, neither Rift or Aion is really *dead*, Aion is huge in Korea, far from dead.

To answer OP, no, you're not alone, I just don't like Star Wars in general, so I have no interest even if it turns out to be good.

*Facepalm* Look up GW2 before making assumptions. GW2 is *not* a WoW Killer, god forbid another MMO comes out these days, they are automatically labeled as trying to kill WOW, if GW2 wanted to kill WoW it would have a sub fee.
    Well technically anything that comes out is a "WoW killer."
    Wow has sat on the throne for virtually the entire time it's been out, with nothing even coming close to it's sales and playerbase.
    It'd be like the Chargers winning 7-8 years ina row, and every team that starts to look good is a potential "de-throner."

Quote Originally Posted by redruMPanda View Post
    You misunderstood me I want the same experience and joy I get from WoW with better graphics, story, and areas to explore. I want that same awesome feel, but maybe a new story? I'm waiting for a new MMO not another WoW expac.
    You will never get the same experience or joy from any other MMO. Not even a new Blizzard MMO will do it for you. The reason is no game will be released with the same polish and the amount of content that WoW has after being on the market for six years. Most of those games that you listed were of much better quality than WoW was at its release, but do not receive the same level of tolerance that WoW received for a number of reasons. For starters while WoW wasn't the first on the block it was one of the first to do a lot of thing right and was able to retain a large enough player base to keep the updates and fixes coming. Second, I think most people are just tired of MMOs to a certain extent now. I'm not saying they are not popular, but I do think the masses are tired and it makes them very unwilling to to ride out some of the turbulence that comes with a new MMO.

Voted the runescape one as there was no applicable option. I'll just pretend it said "Guild Wars 2"

Quote Originally Posted by Stormtrooperz View Post
    Wow has sat on the throne for virtually the entire time it's been out, with nothing even coming close to it's sales and playerbase.
    It'd be like the Chargers winning 7-8 years ina row, and every team that starts to look good is a potential "de-throner."
    I find it sad people have to think like this. They are video games, not a sports team. They are meant to be enjoyed, not to kill off another game, you can easily play both WoW and GW2, since GW2 is Free to play. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Stormtrooperz View Post
    That's not true at all. While companies do compete with each other, a company doesn't have to be the top seller in order to be successful. As far as I recall, Rift has over a million subs and rising (that number might be wrong, I'm just remembering from the last time I looked at it). While its nowhere near WoW's subs, it definitely isn't failing. I certainly wouldn't mind bringing in over 15 million dollars a month. So while games may fail to kill WoW they still have their own niche in the gaming world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing can be a WoW killer.

No games are intended by the creators to be a WoW killer.

The community of WoW tries to promote all new MMO's as "failing WoW killers" so WoW will be promoted as a better MMO.

I`m not excited about it either, but its because i don`t really enjoy futuristic games and the STWS universe

Deleted
    Oh this thread again. For the hundreth time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravehéart View Post
    Oh this thread again. For the hundreth time.
    Pretty much sums it up.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right