Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I don't really know, I think it would be, specially with the 30% extra crit on Mind Blast and Mind Spike damage is around double of the Mind Flay.

Also remember that Mind Blast won't be as strong as now, without T12, so all orbs to it won't matter that much

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    Would that be worth it? Surely Mind Flay would still be better over Mind Spike due to Orbs and SF CD reduction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Argg0 View Post
    I don't really know, I think it would be, specially with the 30% extra crit on Mind Blast and Mind Spike damage is around double of the Mind Flay.

Also remember that Mind Blast won't be as strong as now, without T12, so all orbs to it won't matter that much
    It would depend heavily on how high the chance that MS wouldn't remove DoTs would be. Also, casting a MS when you happen to have DoTs rolling would be uber scary and would reduce the usefulness of that. Over all it would probably be a bad thing imo.

It wouldn't be a chance on cast, it'd be a chance on the SWP tick to gain a buff that wouldn't allow it to remove DoTs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Arlee, I think he meant that Shadow Word: Pain would proc a buff "Your next Mind Spike will not consume Damage over Time effects on the target." or something to that effect. Think of it like Surge of Light, you don't press Flash Heal hoping it won't cost anything and be instant cast.

Quote Originally Posted by SonsofDisaster View Post
    Set bonuses like that scare me, as it tends to pigeon-hole us into a raid-healing role. There are already enough ill-informed people out there that say that "Discipline is for Tank-healing only" and "Holy is for Raid-healing only"; we don't need another group of people saying that "Priests are for Raid-healing only, period."

I'd prefer something along the lines of...

2-set: Your Penance, Attonement, Heal, Flash Heal, and Greater Heal have a chance to reset the cooldown of your Inner Focus.
    4-set: Increases the Priest's casting Speed by 50% for 8 seconds when starting to channel any Hymn. OR Doubles the number of targets that the Priest's Hymns affect.

Basically, going with the paradigm of one "regen" bonus and one "throughput" bonus (that could also be used for regen). The 2-set's proc chance would have to be controlled (and probably not absurdly high) to keep it from being imbalanced. I'm not *super* in love with either of the 4-set bonuses, but, I think the casting speed one would be interesting. If you channeled a full Hymn, you'd be getting 1.5x the number of ticks, OR if you started the Hymn and immediately canceled, you'd get 8 seconds of (mostly) GCD-capped casting. Because of the long CD of both Hymns, most fights would only allow you to benefit from this a couple times (longer fights would, obviously, see more usages). The Casting Speed % could also, obviously, be tweaked.

Holy doesn't have Inner Focus.

Deleted
    Tbh what I want to see for T13 is two sets with changed stat priorities one for holy one for disc, fact of the matter is no matter how you play both specs nether use the same stats so having one set of items for both is retarded and has been for a long time.

As for the set bonuses them self the two piece should be minor as always it doesn't really matter what it is, as for the 4pc being that we are going up against death wing it should be a unique proc ability maybe with an animation or graphic for all classes. I don't want to see just another passive regen or cooldown reset proc.

Deleted
    2: Your Shadow periodic damage has a 20% chance per tick to do extra VAL'KYR DAMAGE.
    4: Your Mind flay has a 20% chance to refresh Vampiric touch, and is converted to VAL'KYR DAMAGE.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    Arlee, I think he meant that Shadow Word: Pain would proc a buff "Your next Mind Spike will not consume Damage over Time effects on the target." or something to that effect. Think of it like Surge of Light, you don't press Flash Heal hoping it won't cost anything and be instant cast.
    OIC... That would make it more useful.

Deleted
    I love the Evangelism stacks to 8 although given that it increases the time we have Dark Archangel for and that it gives a buff to periodic shadow damage it would probably be a 4pc. And an OP one at that.

My ideas:
    2pc: Using dispersion increases movment speed by 100% for the duration and refreshes the shadow priest's dots on the current target
    4pc: (The one mentioned above or..) There is a 10% chance when dealing damage with shadowfiend to increase haste by 20% for 10 seconds.

15+ Year Old Account
    Shadow:
    2: Archangel now affects damage over time spells.
    4: Whenever you reach 5 stacks of Evangelism, your Mind Spike spell won't consume your damage over time spells, in addition your Archangel increases damage done by additional 1% per stack.

Thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demetrion View Post
    Shadow:
    2: Archangel now affects damage over time spells.
    4: Whenever you reach 5 stacks of Evangelism, your Mind Spike spell won't consume your damage over time spells, in addition your Archangel increases damage done by additional 1% per stack.

Thoughts?
    Like them both although i think that they would add another level of complexity in order to maximize the DPS gain through buffed DoTs and i'm not sure that making the SP more complex than it is the way to go, but i like them.

I'm almost sure that at least 1 of the 2 set bonuses will be Mind Spike related

15+ Year Old Account
    A lot of these 4 pieces are way too powerful. It's only meant to be a 3%~ damage increase.

Deleted
    Many of the previous set bonuses proposed in this thread have assumed specific talent choices. Majority of set bonuses that i remember do not make this assumption as there'd be uproar from people who dont spec into whatever ability.

That said, my ideas:

Holy/Disc
    2set - Critical heals from greater heal, heal and flash heal return 10% of the base mana cost of the spell
    4set - Prayer of mending has a % chance to split onto 2 targets when triggered, although the additional PoM has only a single charge.
    or
    4set - Heal can be cast whilst moving.

Shadow
    2set - Reduce the cast time on Vampiric Touch by 0.2 sec (yes yes i know VT is still inexplicably still a talent. Find me a spriest that doesnt have it though!)
    4set - Mindblast/mindspike can be cast whilst moving
    Last edited by mmocdf76e21f54; 2011-09-13 at 01:42 PM. Reason: contradictory statements for the win

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadow
    2pc: Mind blast has a change to renew the duration of your Vampyric touch.
    4pc: Your shadowfiend now lasts twice as long but returns no mana.
    or...
    4pc: Your shadowfiend gives 1% mana to the 5 lowest people in the raid.
    Last edited by Backreaper; 2011-09-13 at 02:00 PM. Reason: i'm the greatest at this whole grammar thing

Deleted
    I would like to see for the healing set:

2pc : has to be Regen based
    4pc : 12 sec cast on the move proc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Parishealton View Post
    I would like to see for the healing set:

2pc : has to be Regen based
    4pc : 12 sec cast on the move proc.
    I agree, although cast on the move would be pretty useless if it was proc reliant. We generally only move if we have to!

Quote Originally Posted by sickopath View Post
    Many of the previous set bonuses proposed in this thread have assumed specific talent choices. Majority of set bonuses that i remember do not make this assumption as there'd be uproar from people who dont spec into whatever ability.

That said, my ideas:

Holy/Disc
    2set - Critical heals from greater heal, heal and flash heal return 10% of the base mana cost of the spell
    4set - Prayer of mending has a % chance to split onto 2 targets when triggered, although the additional PoM has only a single charge.
    or
    4set - Heal can be cast whilst moving.

Shadow
    2set - Reduce the cast time on Vampiric Touch by 0.2 sec (yes yes i know VT is still inexplicably still a talent. Find me a spriest that doesnt have it though!)
    4set - Mindblast/mindspike can be cast whilst moving
    I don't play shadow, so I can't comment on those, but those healing sets are bad. The "regen" 2 set wouldn't even be regen since you have to cast and CRIT the expensive spells to get use of it. The PoM 4set reduces the efficiency of PoM as it can end up being less bounces. The Heal 4set is useless because I haven't touched that spell since starting t11 hardmodes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Afflictid View Post
    I don't play shadow, so I can't comment on those, but those healing sets are bad. The "regen" 2 set wouldn't even be regen since you have to cast and CRIT the expensive spells to get use of it. The PoM 4set reduces the efficiency of PoM as it can end up being less bounces. The Heal 4set is useless because I haven't touched that spell since starting t11 hardmodes.
    Considering the stat inflation that'll likely continue next patch, the 2set is meant to make crit more attractive (as its value is dubious for healing priests at the moment).
    As for the 4 set propositions, to elaborate for PoM

It'd keep the same amount of charges, just has a chance to split in 2, with 1 of them having just a single charge, the other 'original' will retain whatever charges remained. So if it split at the second jump:

PoM>5>4>3>2>1>expired
    .............\
    ..............->extra>expired

The heal whilst moving proposition is to just give something other than shield and renew to cast when we have to run across a room (a la Ragnaros, sinestra twilight cutters, etc). It may be rarely used whilst standing still, and that's not going to change for most of us. So this will slot it into a usage situation that hasn't got many better things to cast which are low mana cost.
    Last edited by mmocdf76e21f54; 2011-09-13 at 04:40 PM.

I'm a fan of the Surge of Darkness proc to let someone have a Mind Spike proc that doesn't consume DoTs, or in this case (something I've been bringing up since before 4.1):

Shadow 4set: While under the effects of Archangel, your Mind Spike will not remove your Damage over Time effects from the target.

Whether you go with a Surge of Darkness, or that change above, either would bring the spell into use for a single tier, rather than giving Shadow a new tool. It changes the way it plays a bit, without forcing a completely new general rotation. Thinking a little more on it, the Archangel one would be giving too much to manage (no orb generation, so Empowered's likely to fall off, keeping up Evangelism stacks...), so the Surge of Darkness implementation would probably be better.

That said, moving onto healing ones...

Not sure about a regen bonus at all (the only one coming to mind is forcing Hymn of Hope to hit you no matter what, potentially double-dipping on itself), but for an output, I want something to bring Heal back into the fold, to buff Greaters/Prayers all the way through. Not sure how, or if it's even feasible.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

2 pc - Increases the cooldown of your Leap of Faith by 60 min.
    4 pc - Decreases the range of your Leap of Faith by 40 yd.

Do want