Can you get more than one troll sword/fossil shield per account?

I apologize if I'm beating a dead horse but I skimmed through the Archeology guides and couldn't find an answer regarding binds to battle.net rares found digging. I got the tanking fossil shield on my main, now I'm digging on an alt and got the troll sword (all troll rares for that matter, less troll sites in Eastern Kingdoms ftw) but I'm curious if I bother to keep digging fossil if I even have a chance at getting another shield since I already have one on my main.

Thanks!

You can't solve more than one of each rare on the same toon, even if you've sent the first one to another toon.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would think that it would be possible to get another one on a different character, other-wise they would have put account-unique or something on the item. Since archaeology is not shared between the chars on the account you should be able to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry_David
    "from injustise comes justise"

-huangzhong9

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, you can get multiple of those per account (but still only 1 per char)
    FFXIV: Rintha Elenah | WoW: Rinth | GW2: Reno Turan

Quote Originally Posted by corpsebandit View Post
    You can't solve more than one of each rare on the same toon, even if you've sent the first one to another toon.
    I know but I meant on different toons. I know I can get multiples of rares like Highbourne Soul Mirror and Ancient Amber but not sure about the weapons and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Haitischmock View Post
    why would you want another one?
    those items are account-bound, therefore you can send them to all of your other characters
    True, but it's more of a theoretical question than me actually planning to go for two. It would save me from sending them back and forth between toons but like you said it's hardly worth it. Just curious if it's possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Spellweaver View Post
    Yes, you can get multiple of those per account (but still only 1 per char)
    I can attest I have 2 Rings of Boy Emperor in the same account, one in my Shaman (found at my hunter) and one in my mage (found at the said shaman, later). Same with Headress of the First Shaman. Two of them
    So yes, only one per char. but no limits per account, since you can transfer, delete the char, and find as many times as you want with a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    I can attest I have 2 Rings of Boy Emperor in the same account, one in my Shaman (found at my hunter) and one in my mage (found at the said shaman, later). Same with Headress of the First Shaman. Two of them
    So yes, only one per char. but no limits per account, since you can transfer, delete the char, and find as many times as you want with a new one.
    Awesome, thanks for the quick replies.

Quote Originally Posted by Haitischmock View Post
    why would you want another one?
    those items are account-bound, therefore you can send them to all of your other characters
    Well, Fury warriors can dual wield the troll sword :P

Quote Originally Posted by Thyranne View Post
    No, they can't. It's unique.

Quote Originally Posted by Busybee View Post
    I apologize if I'm beating a dead horse but I skimmed through the Archeology guides and couldn't find an answer regarding binds to battle.net rares found digging. I got the tanking fossil shield on my main, now I'm digging on an alt and got the troll sword (all troll rares for that matter, less troll sites in Eastern Kingdoms ftw) but I'm curious if I bother to keep digging fossil if I even have a chance at getting another shield since I already have one on my main.

Thanks!
    Each rare you can only solve once per toon. So your toon that found them can no longer make another. If you did it on another toon/alt then you would be able to get it again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyranne View Post
    Get your facts right. As you can see here, Zin'rokh, Destroyer of Worlds is Unique.
    | Realm First Monk | Dragonflight Beta Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The sword is unique so you can't duel wield them OP

Quote Originally Posted by Ogait View Post
    Get your facts right. As you can see here, Zin'rokh, Destroyer of Worlds is Unique.
    Boo that sucks, I never saw that unique in that item. So ya, forget what I said.