Thread: Turn Evil

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Glyph is in my and many others view OP in a pvp setting. Warlocks and the special olympic class gets their pets nullified by this.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Glyph is in my and many others view OP in a pvp setting. Warlocks and the special olympic class gets their pets nullified by this.
    It has a DR, so you nulify their pet as much as a Warlock can nulify you with chain fears.

Turn Evil, usefull in pvp. Virtually useless in pve, only used it 3 or 4x since Cataclysm. Just on that add in Zul Aman at the 2nd to last boss. Once just to show i could keep both of them CCd because fuck you i'm a paladin.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by terrahero View Post
    It has a DR, so you nulify their pet as much as a Warlock can nulify you with chain fears.

Turn Evil, usefull in pvp. Virtually useless in pve, only used it 3 or 4x since Cataclysm. Just on that add in Zul Aman at the 2nd to last boss. Once just to show i could keep both of them CCd because fuck you i'm a paladin.
    '

Except brainlessly spam an instant compared to a casttime fear. The big thorn is however the crappy pet AI that coupled with the glyph make it retardedly easy to control pets. The similar Scare Beast / Hibernate got a casttime which promote smart gameplay and a opportunity for the other player to try to counter it with an interrupt.
    Last edited by Bakis; 2011-09-13 at 01:19 PM.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy67 View Post
    Never used it myself in pve. But have seen a Prot Palli in ZA use it on the demon add on Hex Lord Malacrass and kept refreshing it through out the fight.
    I did this once as healer, at about 30% boss health he feared out the doorway and the boss despawned I tell people to just kill it now ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    I do believe the reason this was changed was because against Paladins, it made another classes [another spec, really] Cooldown useless....
    Agaisnt mages, priests and shamans, Wings are useless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pain in the ass in arena when I have to pop LB for self healing or to prevent or break CC. Also a pain in the ass when you summon your gargoyle down for a good nuking on someone and its insta-feared. Amazing when your transformed ghoul gets feared back to its original grave to.

'

Except brainlessly spam an instant compared to a casttime fear. The big thorn is however the crappy pet AI that coupled with the glyph make it retardedly easy to control pets. The similar Scare Beast / Hibernate got a casttime which promote smart gameplay and a opportunity for the other player to try to counter it with an interrupt.
    I still fail to see how this makes Turn Evil overpowered. It counters Unholy Death Knights and Warlocks, upto a limited extend by CCing their pet with a debuff that is also completely dispellable and has a DR.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonuts View Post
    Good to see I'm not the only person that uses the spell. Didn't know you could use it on DK's with lichborn though. I'll have to keep an eye open for that.
    Used to be able to use it against Demo locks when they transform into a demon as well. However, apparently only they are allowed to fear you, for them to be feared is some how wrong and OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiball View Post
    Used to be able to use it against Demo locks when they transform into a demon as well. However, apparently only they are allowed to fear you, for them to be feared is some how wrong and OP.
    This was actually done with all forms of creature-type CC in regards to players. A hunter can't use Scare Beast on a druid, a paladin can't use Turn Evil on a death knight under the effects of Lichborn or a warlock with Metamorposis, warlocks can't Banish druids while they're using Tree of Life, etc.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

Quote Originally Posted by Retiarius View Post
    It's more of a PvP spell these days, can't remember last time i used it in PvE...
    Halls of reflection when it came out for the waves i think was the only place other than pvp that i have almost ever used it

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering competent warlocks can run circles around even a great ret paladin, CC them through CD's easily & basically nullify any usefulness the spec brings at least there is something you can do to them as a ret paladin.

I also remember how it was changed so it could not be used on warlocks who transformed into demons because they cried foul even though they could easily spam fear & dot a paladin to death.

As for death knights it is really only a hinderrence to unholy specced DK's since frost only has a weaker temporary pet. Considering the entire spec was basically built around abilities that were originally suggested as fixes for ret I guess I just have to say suck it up, it's not like you cannot easily counter the paladin without the pet.
    Last edited by zcks; 2011-09-13 at 06:37 PM.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

I really hope they don't remove it, or that they realise that most replies were from people doing PvE. It's a useful (AND fun!) tool to have.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitsurugi View Post
    This was actually done with all forms of creature-type CC in regards to players. A hunter can't use Scare Beast on a druid, a paladin can't use Turn Evil on a death knight under the effects of Lichborn or a warlock with Metamorposis, warlocks can't Banish druids while they're using Tree of Life, etc.

You can still Shackle DK when uses Lichborn though.

My only wish is that Undead characters were classified Undead and not players like they were originally. Then this spell would see some use, and Blizzard would see some money from race changes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You do know what islands in the ocean do right?
    They float
    true story

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demetrion View Post
    You can still Shackle DK when uses Lichborn though.
    Seriously? Ugh, I love their consistency.

Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    My only wish is that Undead characters were classified Undead and not players like they were originally. Then this spell would see some use, and Blizzard would see some money from race changes.
    From what I understand, the Forsaken were classified as Undead at some point in the Classic beta, but level 60 Undead were getting completely rolled over by level 40 priests and paladins, or something similarly silly.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    I do believe the reason this was changed was because against Paladins, it made another classes [another spec, really] Cooldown useless....
    I remember this being the exact reason. Class completely based on endless fears usable on any targets started crying when one of their specs got a taste of their own medicine.

15+ Year Old Account
    Aye, did it like 2 hours ago with my priest

You can very well Turn Lichborne Death Knights away, Scare and Hibernate Druids in any animal form, however Tree of Life and Demon Warlocks are the exception to this CC rule.

From what I understand, the Forsaken were classified as Undead at some point in the Classic beta, but level 60 Undead were getting completely rolled over by level 40 priests and paladins, or something similarly silly.
    Yeah they were woefully overpowered against everything. Being immune to Fear, Sleep, Seduce, Polymorph and i believe even Sap. They would steamroll everything, as CC was important and nothing had DR or a capped duration. Enjoy your 20sec chain Fear wich doesnt break.

But yes, against Paladins and Priest they were completely fucked. So they later changed them to Humanoid and gave them Will of the Forsaken, wich was earlier in Vanilla still a retardedly overpowered racial. I think it lasted upto 20sec of making them Immune to the typical stuff Undead's were immune to. But it didnt give the drawbacks of being Undead, so they still couldnt be Shackled or Turned.
    So basicly Lichborne, with twice the duration, as racial without being vulnerable to Shackle (or turn evil/exorcism if that even works today on Lichborne..)

Later this duration was nerfed and eventually turned into a 2nd (minor)-trinket.
    Last edited by terrahero; 2011-09-14 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Åmbulance View Post
    I hardly use the spell, but it does have it's usefulness in Arena's, damn those pesky lock/dk pets.
    yep, that is mostly the only use for it, or if things hit the fan on Nef and you want to get an animated skeleton off a healer for a little bit.