Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by zcks View Post
    Pretty sure he meant that he wishes the mastery caused all attacks to do an additional % of damage as holy, not just CS, DS & TV.
    Pretty much. It was worded awkwardly and didn't come across right. But the jist of it did for most I think.

I really want our current mastery just rolled into the base abilities CS, TV, DS. then mastery increasing all holy dmg dealt would buff those three, plus are pure holy dmg spells as well.
    Last edited by Judge Malthred; 2011-09-15 at 08:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Imo aoe finisher is a horrible idea.

Coz once we get it some of the damage from our other aoe abilities will be transfered to the aoe finisher.
    Aoe phases dont last long and we also have to have inq up. So in a 25-30sec aoe burn we'll get to use our aoe finisher only once.

we had an aoe finisher. it was divine storm... then they realised needing 3 holy power to aoe was horrible design and it was changed mid tier 11.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    am i the only one who wants a minimum damage per target on holy wrath? lets say 1.5-2.5k dmg per target even if there are like 50 mobs in range, i remember that in the cultist boss in stone core i would do double digits on the adds ... less than 100 dmg per target is absolute crap
    and regarding an aoe HP finisher we would need something like holy nova, consecration's tick damage just doesnt work with the HP ramp up
    Last edited by Vizardlorde; 2011-09-15 at 10:40 PM.

Deleted
    To be quite fair it's gonna be crap until they'll do their freaking jobs properly. Which probably won't happen ever :P

Well I find myself using that spell ver rarely I mean maybe like 2-3 times per fight, They could make it an AoE slow and silence , more of an utility tool.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonuts View Post
    You're right that even thinking of consecration as an AoE finisher was a dumb idea on my part. But making DS our AoE finisher would be a poor idea as well. Our AoE damage is basically slap on SoR and DS our hearts out. If we have to build up 3 holy power to unleash a DS, then whats the point? Most fights where using AoE is advisable, we wouldn't ever get around to it because everything would die before we can AoE.
    The point is to do AoE damage.

If the class is to get an AoE finisher...it has the ideal candidate with DS....which would have the disadvantage of not being an on demand ability. Its not as if the inability to spam the attack hurt during LK. What would be important would be the entire AoE toolkit.

As it is, an on demand, spammable AoE finisher...can't be done. You'd need some room in the rotation to build HP and making the damage viable along the lines of X + y per HP simply renders the system moot.

An AoE rotation of AoE/MT opener x3>>>>DS would be what you would need here.

EJL
    Last edited by Talen; 2011-09-15 at 11:00 PM.

haha
    many of the paladin abilities are so damn old and crappy
    i dont even use many of them on my bar to be honest
    cons is a waste of HUGE MANA and sucks easy to escpae and low aoe dmg compare with mana use
    1 of many shit abilities that paladins have
    thank you blizzard and fu it is damn good to stop playing that game tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    am i the only one who wants a minimum damage per target on holy wrath? lets say 1.5-2.5k dmg per target even if there are like 50 mobs in range, i remember that in the cultist boss in stone core i would do double digits on the adds ... less than 100 dmg per target is absolute crap
    and regarding an aoe HP finisher we would need something like holy nova, consecration's tick damage just doesnt work with the HP ramp up
    you probably are - because it's a horrible idea. a better idea like i've suggested many times would be to make holy wrath spread censure stacks like blood and thunder spreads rend for warriors. fuck seal of cleave i have no desire for seal swapping to still be part of a rotation with combo points and random procs.

Its not as if the inability to spam the attack hurt during LK. What would be important would be the entire AoE toolkit.
    Except, in LK, all our AoE attacks had much better damage. Right now, DS with SoR is our only serious AoE option. Making it no longer on-demand would essentially gut our classes ability to AoE, unless we essentially go back to the wrath model of Holy Wrath and Consecrate dealing much better damage, and consecrate being spammable. Either way though, making an AoE finisher is probably utterly unnecessary. Our AoE Damage since they added the SoR cleave is pretty OP as is. It's more of an issue from the "does this make sense?" viewpoint. AoE x 3, Single Target Finisher. It works. Infact, it works VERY well from a numbers perspective. Of course, without changing our DS, they can't do anything about holy wrath and consecrate being utter garbage for AoE, because then we'll be extremely OP.

for prot consicrate is fine, talent reduce mana cost and the threat from it despite its low damage is pretty good.

for ret, i'd like to see that "it follows you" suggestion but add a utility to things standing in it, either defencive or offensive, pve or pvp, what ever.
    i'd like to see something like silence while in it, but that is kinda OP now that we FINALLY got an interupt. better would be a aoe speed boost like druid roar(opposite of dk's aoe utility, which is pretty good thematically), or speed debuff so once you catch someone you can stay on them for a few seconds. but neither of these help with pve uselessness.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonuts View Post
    Except, in LK, all our AoE attacks had much better damage.
    Different issue. I'm postulating mechanics. Numbers are easy to tweak. DS as a finisher means its not an on-demand ability (true) as it requires a build up. That doesn't mean an AoE toolkit can't be viable.

EJL

Quote Originally Posted by Dio the Holy Diver View Post
    we had an aoe finisher. it was divine storm... then they realised needing 3 holy power to aoe was horrible design and it was changed mid tier 11.
    It was mostly horrible because it did almost indescribably poor damage for the time it took to build up and, then, the only way to build up holy power in an aoe situation was to single target damage which felt awful when you saw endless mind sears, fan of knives and multishots all over the place around you.

If they kept divine storm as a comb- I mean holy power generator, and added in a new aoe finisher, the world would be slightly more sunny.
    Last edited by Ryme; 2011-09-16 at 10:22 AM.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh