Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

[Anime] Which anime is better?

Naruto
    Dragonball
    Bleach

10+ Year Old Account
    Code Geass! Seriously though only 3 choice of anime?

Well if we are going strictly by the anime and not the manga I would say DBZ, if we where to go by the manga I say naruto.

DBZ - Do I have to say anything about this series? Like who here hasn't watched this show?

Naruto - Less fighting then bleach but clever battle strategy's and still good fighting, the author seems to have limitless idea's for skills/ability's. Great character development, the main character is very unique compared to many shows. As far as graphics go the anime developers changed how it did the animation in the show a while ago, the background's and detail seem lacking especially when compared against bleach. Definitely a better rounded series then either DBZ or Bleach

Bleach - Comes in last for me it's a good series in it's own right, lot's of great fights and interesting ability's great animation, but the author tends to leave a lot of plot holes and the main character gets amazingly strong ridiculously fast. He introduces a lot of mysterious things and then never cares to explain them, even after the main arch is completed we still haven't seen half the Captains Bankai's. (I have heard that the bleach manga is going to continue on for a few years yet)
    What is magic, If not the expression of a human's desire to create something from nothing directed solely by their own mind.
    One may even describe such an occurrence as art. - Mr.E

Dragonball for nostalgia. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    One Piece.

The only one I ever watched was bleach but I can't stand it
    Hi Sephurik

That is like asking which color is prettier. There are thousands and thousands of colors, or click the settings to millions, and then it gets tricky.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dragon ball because it's simply old school and has some good memories within it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well taking nostalgia glasses off all 3 are pretty terrible... endless filler and undeveloped characters. Shorter run animes tend to not suffer from the problems that these 3 serial animes are plagued by.

No such thing as "better" when it comes to something like Anime. All in the eyes of the beholder. There will ALWAYS be diehard fans of something that the other 99% think is utter waste. Which is irritating!

Which do I prefer, though? In order of personal preference:

Naruto
    Bleach
    Dragonball Z

I liked the characters in Naruto, I liked the general themes, and I liked that success took effort on the part of the characters. A lot of the effort might be behind the scenes, or in the background, but "OMG Overwhelming Power!" tended not to just pop out of nowhere (which was my biggest beef with Bleach; that, and I've yet to really develop much favor for any of the female characters - Naruto had more female character variety of both older and younger females, and there's good diversity in their personalities... despite them still basically playing support roles). I'll admit that I haven't watched super far into the Bleach series, but I think it's speaking that I haven't been able to get obsessive enough about the series to make a real point of catching up to current episodes.

I was never able to get far into DBZ, so I can't hop the nostalgia train. What I saw of it involved a lot of growling and not much story progression, although I understand it's supposed to have a good background. I might like the manga better than the anime. The original Dragonball was certainly cute (what I've read of it).

They've all got their eye-roll inducing shortcomings, but that's where I stand on those three series.

I think my favorite ever series (off the top of my head) is Kino's Journey. I also enjoyed Higurashi no naku koro ni (When They Cry), and Fruits Basket. I love the variety of Anime available.

Quote Originally Posted by Darios View Post
    Well taking nostalgia glasses off all 3 are pretty terrible... endless filler and undeveloped characters. Shorter run animes tend to not suffer from the problems that these 3 serial animes are plagued by.
    Pretty much I have to agree. The only reason I could say Dragonball was because of my nostalgia glasses.

Naruto is better overall. You just need to skip the fillers and read the manga. I think some of the fillers in Naruto are way better than all the crappy Bleach fillers though.

Original Dragonball (not Z) = Naruto > Bleach in my opinion.
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

Quote Originally Posted by Darios View Post
    Idk. That sounds like the not conforming for the sake of not conforming to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichigopwnsyou View Post
    Idk. That sounds like the not conforming for the sake of not conforming to me.
    Nope. He was spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Repeant View Post
    Code Geass! Seriously though only 3 choice of anime?

Well if we are going strictly by the anime and not the manga I would say DBZ, if we where to go by the manga I say naruto.

DBZ - Do I have to say anything about this series? Like who here hasn't watched this show?

Naruto - Less fighting then bleach but clever battle strategy's and still good fighting, the author seems to have limitless idea's for skills/ability's. Great character development, the main character is very unique compared to many shows. As far as graphics go the anime developers changed how it did the animation in the show a while ago, the background's and detail seem lacking especially when compared against bleach. Definitely a better rounded series then either DBZ or Bleach

Bleach - Comes in last for me it's a good series in it's own right, lot's of great fights and interesting ability's great animation, but the author tends to leave a lot of plot holes and the main character gets amazingly strong ridiculously fast. He introduces a lot of mysterious things and then never cares to explain them, even after the main arch is completed we still haven't seen half the Captains Bankai's. (I have heard that the bleach manga is going to continue on for a few years yet)
    I agree with everything you said.
    Its rare to find a bleach fan who will admit the numerous enormous potholes within the storyline.

---------- Post added 2011-09-13 at 02:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Nope. He was spot on.
    Dragonball, up to majin buu saga, didnt really have any plotholes or undeveloped chars.
    After the Cell saga, the story was complete. But they continued anyways, and it lost a lot of its appeal to me.
    Last edited by Ichigopwnsyou; 2011-09-13 at 02:45 AM.

Its rare to find a bleach fan who will admit the numerous enormous potholes within the storyline.
    Personally that's not something I care about. I'm not gonna watch 300+ episodes of something just to nitpick at it.

Dragonball, up to majin buu saga, didnt really have any plotholes or undeveloped chars.
    After the Cell saga, the story was complete. But they continued anyways, and it lost a lot of its appeal to me.
    I loved DBZ as a kid, but the thing is, it's not really that good besides for it's action, but I suppose that's what shounen is all about anyways. You can't invest any emotion into the characters, if they die it's never for good, so I never was on the edge of my seat wondering if they would win battles.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Naruto is better overall. You just need to skip the fillers and read the manga. I think some of the fillers in Naruto are way better than all the crappy Bleach fillers though.
    speaking of fillers.....bounto anyone?

Dragonball of course.
    The other two are boring/awful, and DB/DBZ were two of the greatest shows ever growing up.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Yah naruto fillers add a lot to the main story though.
    Bleach fillers are just thrown in on a whim. Bleach really is just poorly written, fillers and all. Yet its still a great show.