Computer not working HELP T.T

Hi, my computer isnt working fine. My friend found out that my hard drive was fucked up so I bought an other one. I installed windows 7 again with the new driver but now it does some weird bug where the whole screen freeze with lines on it here's some pics (those pics are very sad to watch, be careful if you are sensitive.)

http://i.imgur.com/9NnuE.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/lV0vO.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/lcHbW.jpg

I tried to load both profiles in the BIOS and the default one, also made multiple tests with a UBCD but nothing wrong is found. I installed the update for my video card too but its not working still

If you got any clue what I should do plz post it here.

Can't raid until this is fixed, I can only load my computer in Safe mode with internet to post here, otherwise with the normal settings it does the bug as soon as I open wow or few minutes/secondes as I open programs or internet.

You sir, have a dying video card. Those lines are called artifacts, and are the signs of a dead/dying video card.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Transhuman View Post
    You sir, have a dying video card. Those lines are called artifacts, and are the signs of a dead/dying video card.
    I second this.

Quote Originally Posted by Transhuman View Post
    *nods head*
    "The instinct of self-preservation? You call it that. Yes, i will sink my teeth into life. Fuck your evolution. Let other species wait their turn. I'm not a lamb being led to the slaughter."
    ~Hunter

What is better, to be born good? or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?
    ~Paarthurnax
    my attempts at being funny with skyrim

6 months ago, it did that too, my friend thought it was my card, we formated my computer switch from windows XP to Windows 7 and he gave me his card. During that time he ended using my card and never got any problems. Since my hard drive broke, I went at his house and while changing the new hard drive he put back my old video card that he was using since it was working fine on his computer (he could run sc2 at high definition etc) So now I came back home and it's doing the old same thing again with my computer and this card. Any thoughs?
    Last edited by Improvedlol; 2011-09-13 at 03:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Improvedlol View Post
    6 months ago, it did that too, my friend thought it was my card, we formated my computer switch from windows XP to Windows 7 and he gave me his card. During that time he ended using my card and never got any problems. Since my hard drive broke, I went at his house and while changing the new hard drive he put back my old video card that he was using since it was working fine on his computer (he could run sc2 at high definition etc) So now I came back home and it's doing the old same thing again with my computer and this card. Any thoughs?
    Video cards tend to die pretty unexpectedly whether it be power surges, overheating or simply time taking it's toll on the card. Do you still have a warranty on the card? (Though it sounds like an overheating issue)
    New and shiny compppppp!

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Could be the video card isn't properly powered in your system. Could be the PCI-E port on the motherboard is faulty. Higher possibility is a dead or dying video card, this is just experience talking.

Question 1, did you build the computer?

It could also be the CPU or memory. I had a CPU go out on me (conductive material got too close to the CPU), and the whole time I thought it was the graphics card.

Quote Originally Posted by lethargik View Post
    Question 1, did you build the computer?

It could also be the CPU or memory. I had a CPU go out on me (conductive material got too close to the CPU), and the whole time I thought it was the graphics card.
    Here's a picture of the card.
    http://i.imgur.com/bLRjF.jpg
    My friend built it.

Looks like a 9800/8800 GT or something.
    Did you try moving the card into the black PCI-E slot? Like Culadin mentioned, it could be a dying port.
    New and shiny compppppp!

Quote Originally Posted by Icpie View Post
    Looks like a 9800/8800 GT or something.
    Did you try moving the card into the black PCI-E slot? Like Culadin mentioned, it could be a dying port.
    Yeah its a 8800 GT, I didnt move the card somewhere else, it always been in the right slot.

i'd say ask your friend if you can use his card to test if it's just the card. If this problem persists with a new card, it would be a faulty port (try moving your card into the other PCI-E port). if it's just your card then his card should work fine and will clear up your problems. A worst case scenario is a dead/dying cpu so pray it isn't that. Question, what kind of PSU do you have?

Can't raid until this is fixed, I can only load my computer in Safe mode with internet to post here, otherwise with the normal settings it does the bug as soon as I open wow or few minutes/secondes as I open programs or internet.
    Means that the card has problems when 3D acceleration kicks in. Either the card is physically dead, or there is a power problem. 99% sure it's the card because lack of power would just cause shutdowns and strange crashes instead of visible bugs.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    My card made weird lines like that when it was borked as well. I got a new one(better than the old one) for free, but mine was still on the warrenty, if yours is not I envy you and hope that you can find a new one that doesn't cost 1 million US dollaaaaars

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Booteh View Post
    My card made weird lines like that when it was borked as well. I got a new one(better than the old one) for free, but mine was still on the warrenty, if yours is not I envy you and hope that you can find a new one that doesn't cost 1 million US dollaaaaars
    wtf from a 8800gt thats from 2007 to anything else is less than 100dollars