Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'd like the nerf whiners to read the post.

They will begin to put out the hotfixes on the 19th. For all you know they plan on doiung 2% a week, for the next 10 weeks (which IIRC would be mid-late november) until 4.3 drops (trust me, you won't notice 2%)

Or 4% every 2 weeks

Or maybe Shannox gets nerfed on the 19th, then 2 weeks later it's Beth, etc.
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Let everyone enjoy the content we all pay the same for, OP
    Warlocks are what FDR was talking about
    Quote Originally Posted by OldHordeGlory View Post
    RAGNAROS: WOULD YOU LIKE THAT TOASTED?!
    Customer: Um, no thanks.
    RAGNAROS: TOO BAD! TASTE THE FLAMES OF SULFURON!

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    I'd like the nerf whiners to read the post.

They will begin to put out the hotfixes on the 19th. For all you know they plan on doiung 2% a week, for the next 10 weeks (which IIRC would be mid-late november) until 4.3 drops (trust me, you won't notice 2%)

Or 4% every 2 weeks

Or maybe Shannox gets nerfed on the 19th, then 2 weeks later it's Beth, etc.
    Probably would be too much of a hassle and likely do it with a grand slam and nerf everything within a hotfix is what I think at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Resentful View Post
    Probably would be too much of a hassle and likely do it with a grand slam and nerf everything within a hotfix is what I think at least.
    Depends. If the code of the ICC buff is easily reproduced, they just might. As far as I remember that was implemented after the release of ICC and not with the release.

Don't quote me on it though :|

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Resentful View Post
    If that was the intention, then they wouldn't have worded it like they did.

I honestly see it as a version of the ICC Buff, only it's invisible and applies to the bosses not the players...and averages out to 2% a week (they only have 15 weeks froim the 19th till the end of the year, and since they "plan" on dropping 4.3 this year, they would have to finish by then. Maybe 1.33% a week)
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

I think, they want the game to have both aspects, They want top guilds to have thier "race" and then the casuals to get the gear to see the next tier. And in my opinion this is being executed well. The hardcore players are talking about 500+ attempts to beat heroic Rag. They talked about how fulfilling al'akir hardmode was, the casuals are getting to see all the content that they want to see, and the gear is becoming avalible after the so called "race" is over. Which is what players like Mek <Ensidia> said they wanted "I think they should do it like sunwell, let the top guilds have thier race, then nerf it till some more can kill it, then nerf it till everyone can" - Quoted from Mek on WoW radio's PuG show. If guilds complain about it being nerfed chances are that, you are in a guild who thinks they are better than everyone else and thinks that only you deserve to see the content, if thats the case and your so "good" why do you care? you should have already killed everything right?

I honestly don't understand the issue here. The good/dedicated raiders have already cleared Firelands heroic. Letting the scrubs/casuals have some fun doesn't hurt the "elite" raiders. Unless they feel like nobody else deserves to get into raids? Tbh, I'm kind of sick of that attitude. I was a hardcore raider back in BC, but my life has changed and I can only PuG raids now because I'm a casual. I had been a tank in one of the top guilds on my server - I know what I'm doing, I just don't time for a full-time raiding commitment anymore. I still enjoy getting to raid on occasion, and I'm content with being able to see the content at a slower and more irregular pace. I kind of think the OP and others like him are by far in the minority and just need to grow up a bit and get over themselves.

Its the same as ICC with the buffs, which were active for heroic as well.
    Maybe Blizzard will give a buff again with an option to disable it but "hotfixes" doesnt sound like that to me.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulli View Post
    Its the same as ICC with the buffs, which were active for heroic as well.
    Maybe Blizzard will give a buff again with an option to disable it but "hotfixes" doesnt sound like that to me.
    Nah most likely either health nerfs / Mechanic nerfs rather what you've just stated.

Quote Originally Posted by stgeorge78 View Post
    ..............final nail in the coffin.....
    Hmm I see this alot, seems Blizz has alot of nails, and final ones at that....

127 guilds killed ragnaros hc. Im quite sure everyone who is pro enough to moan about nerfs killed it already and can be proud of it. If content gets nerfed and more ppl (like up from .12% to .6%) get a kill, they always need to live the "nerfkill" and cant /flex like the real pros. /facepalm

Get over it, everyone pays the same money and since you got the evidence that you are more pro than 95% of the community, be proud and tell your online friends.

Deleted
    imo this change is justified. Blizzard is probably sick of the complaints for the people not progressing say its hard etc etc. they want people to experience the content now when its fresh, not in the next expansion when you need about 5 people to clear the content

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I doubt most the hardcore community cares about this fireland nerf, since they've already beaten the content.
    The hardcores have already downed the content, the casuals get to see the content. Everyone else in the middle gets screwed as a result... -_-

Deleted
    social aspects .
    What? were in the world is this a social game?

Deleted
    and they will work towards keeping several million older and more cerebral fans.

And there was much rejoycing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by omglaserzpewpew View Post
    I honestly don't understand the issue here. The good/dedicated raiders have already cleared Firelands heroic. Letting the scrubs/casuals have some fun doesn't hurt the "elite" raiders. Unless they feel like nobody else deserves to get into raids? Tbh, I'm kind of sick of that attitude. I was a hardcore raider back in BC, but my life has changed and I can only PuG raids now because I'm a casual. I had been a tank in one of the top guilds on my server - I know what I'm doing, I just don't time for a full-time raiding commitment anymore. I still enjoy getting to raid on occasion, and I'm content with being able to see the content at a slower and more irregular pace. I kind of think the OP and others like him are by far in the minority and just need to grow up a bit and get over themselves.
    The good dedicated players have been on a summer break, since the first week of 4.2 and just came back last week with a 6/7 kill we hoping for today tocan clear ragnarus and start HC modes next reset. This nerffs :X are screwing us

we had 0 melee on our team max dps was 20k and the extra guy we had to inv was doing 14k dps -.- how in the world did we got to 6/7 in first week.

10+ Year Old Account
    No they did not give up, i am not sure in TBC but they have been nerfing raids since wrath, once a new Raid is coming they nerf the old one so, if you think they given up because they are nerfing the fire lands, then they gave up back when they nerfed Ulduar (first raid nerf i remember)

They're not giving up, they're implementing a plan:

Stage 1: Top guilds kill HMs, Mid guilds kill norm, Lower focus on dailies / previous.

-nerf-

Stage 2: Top guilds have started farming / resting, Mid guilds kill HMs, Lower start norms.

-patch-

Stage 1: Top guilds kill HMs, Mid guilds kill norm, Lower focus on dailies / previous.

They're cycling the content that different tiers of people get to see during a patch. They have the statistics on these things, and they've obviously seen that many people just get stuck on Rag, rather than gradually improving. Hence, a nerf allows people to move onto the next stage.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    The thing is, Blizzard made things a lot harder than wrath.. after the Vocal minority (Forum prowlers) said"Its too easy make it harder". Then Blizzard lost 1million subs (approx) Some may argue that this was due to burnout.. but I seriously believe it is down to the content being just too damn hard. The mechanics for turning on HC mode sucks... clicking an option in the menu isn't fun.. Go back to Ulduar days.. HAving to kill the heart on Deconstructor... Leaving the keepers alive on Freya. The big red button on Mimyron.. Interesting and fun mechanics. Not like it is now. I say make it easier, let a lot more players see the content.. Bring back seperate 10/25 man lockouts (basically bring back pugs).

Quote Originally Posted by lopus View Post
    No they did not give up, i am not sure in TBC but they have been nerfing raids since wrath, once a new Raid is coming they nerf the old one so, if you think they given up because they are nerfing the fire lands, then they gave up back when they nerfed Ulduar (first raid nerf i remember)
    First nerf I remember was to Kara at the end of TBC.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source