Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Khathrok View Post
    I gave up caring about Dark Souls when it was announced to be released Multiplatform.

As much fun as i had with Demon's souls.
    Just because it was released on Xbox this time doesn't mean the game is worse and shows you didn't enjoy the game but are just a PS3 fanboy.

Deleted
    Day one purchase. I loved Demon's Souls, completed it many times with many different characters. Now that is a tough game, but it's never unfair. World 5 used to drive me nuts, I would get lost in the darkness and then get owned by those giant trolls or that damn black phantom with a meatcleaver. And getting summoned as the Old Monk was a lot of fun, I had some epic fights. I hope we can do stuff like that in Dark Souls.

Quote Originally Posted by Boatking View Post
    Day one purchase. I loved Demon's Souls, completed it many times with many different characters. Now that is a tough game, but it's never unfair. World 5 used to drive me nuts, I would get lost in the darkness and then get owned by those giant trolls or that damn black phantom with a meatcleaver. And getting summoned as the Old Monk was a lot of fun, I had some epic fights. I hope we can do stuff like that in Dark Souls.
    I couldn't agree more, we need more battles like Old Monk. It felt so epic being the "boss" with the health bar actually resembling your health.. it was just cool. And yeah, watching the various trailer there's a specific enemy (I'm assuming it's going to be a boss) where there is a giant green enemy with a huge hammer, and a smaller 'knight' like enemy. Maybe that battle will allow players to control those figures. I've always just imagined that, anyway.

It's going to be a lot of fun regardless.
    "In a world where absolute truth exists but cannot be known, one must live by reason and faith."

Quote Originally Posted by Elite Peon View Post
    Am I the only one who didnt like demon souls ?? I played it and was like wtf ??...I did'nt get the hype at all .
    I feel the same way. I own it, i played it for maybe 3 hours then got bored. I will keep an eye out for the 2nd, if things change i might bust out the first one again, give it more of a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by pickley View Post
    I feel the same way. I own it, i played it for maybe 3 hours then got bored.
    Well that's your problem. This game takes a lot more dedication than that. If you don't stick with it and endure it, you aren't going to have a good experience. It's really at the end of the game, when you realize how much better it's made you, that's when you can really appreciate it.

I'm not judging you, I just think you would enjoy it a lot more with some more patience

Dark Souls is going to have many improvements to the original formula, so you will indeed most likely enjoy it a lot more.
    "In a world where absolute truth exists but cannot be known, one must live by reason and faith."

10+ Year Old Account
    One thing I am wondering about Dark Souls though which I haven't read anywhere yet is if the open world will have cities/villages or will have a return of a Nexus type area with some scattered around NPCs in various locations.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    One thing I am wondering about Dark Souls though which I haven't read anywhere yet is if the open world will have cities/villages or will have a return of a Nexus type area with some scattered around NPCs in various locations.
    I can answer that for you. There are plenty of sources directly stated by From Software that have revealed that there will be NO 'Nexus-like' zone in Dark Souls. The place to do all the upgrading/replenishing will be the Bonfires - or checkpoints scattered throughout the open world. In other words, it's all seamlessly connected and there will be no Nexus to return to.

This will give the game an entirely new flavor, and I'm excited to see how I react to it. I'm definitely looking forward to drastically less loading-screens upon entering and leaving the Nexus over and over. That will be very nice.

Hope that gives you some insight.