After Shannox, Majordomo or Rhyolith (10H)

After hearing about how easy Domo Heroic is with the 0 scythe strat I need to ask you guys to help me choose between spending the next week doing either Majordomo or Rhyolith (10H).

Our composition is as follows:

Tanks - Prot Pally
    Feral Druid (Arc Mage DPS alt) same as Arc Mage below, his DPS as Mage is much better than his boomie

RDPS - Arc Mage (Feral Druid Tank alt)
    Arc Mage
    Survival Hunter
    Affli Lock
    Shadow Priest

MDPS - Enh Shaman
    Ret Pally (Hpally alt)

Healer - Hpally (Ret Pally alt)
    Disc Priest
    Resto Shaman

The raid can break 20k minimum dps on fights like Domo and Rag (10N). Help us decide.
    Tia.

10+ Year Old Account
    i would go with majordomo hc first and then ryolith hc.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Deleted
    Domo for sure. If you can survive the orb phase you can kill it rather easily.

Deleted
    My guild did shannox hc then rhyolith hc took 3 nights or so of 2h each, easy fight(it was in 10 men....)

Well, your composition clearly sucks for 1 kill of Ryolith. To easily kill it , you ll need 1 combat rogue on both legs, whatever dd on other leg. and smth like DK and War to turn him ( smb with burst) and he is a peace of cake.
    Major is kinda looks crappy right now. and if you will manage to survive orbs and so on u ll kill it.

Do we need two tanks for Rhyolith? Also, we usually 2-heal Rhyolith 10N. Is 2-heal advisable for Rhyolith 10H?

Deleted
    Unless you have really good DPS and/or a very favourable group comp, you don't really have another choice than to 1-tank and 2-heal Rhyolith. You need to at least push the boss to the 2nd phase (@ 25%) before he becomes Superheated, which happens 5 minutes after the start of the fight. When the last spark (the one that is ignored) spawns and the DPSers all switch to the boss in order to push the second phase, he should have anywhere between 10-30 stacks of armor and about 50% HP (if he has more, you might want to use Bloodlust to help push him faster, if he has more than 60% you probably won't make it even with that).

Staghelm is a DPS check, the enrage in 10-man seems to be quite lenient; if you use the 0 scythes 7 leaps tactics the fight is easily 2-healable, the only tougher part is the orb phase (with this strategy the first one should optimally be happening at around 50%, around 60% is still acceptable). If you make it through that, you will most likely kill the boss because he will be (almost) dead when the second orb phase happens.

It only sounds tough 1 tank and 2 heal on Ryolith, but this is how it is getting done.
    AS of Major:
    I really don't know why everybody scared of flame scythe phase... nothing special about it. It might be fatal only 1 time when you are holding it up to 10-11 times. Just check that you have raid CDs on every scythe up from 7th included. then scorpion phase is like 5-7 scythes and cat again.
    1 scorpion - 2 men behind the boss.
    2 scorpion - 1 man.
    Mmmm....
    Don't know hints for anyone but my class.
    -Feint on every scythe.
    -Combat readiness+feint on the last scythes.
    -You can evade all damage (thus to save the damage buff) from the seed - just make sure you ppush CoS at 0.2 sec until exploding. - it will still damage all others if near, but you ll save your buff.
    - If you are in combat spec - on cat phase save Killing Spree on the one of the last "jumps"
    - Also, on cat phase if in combat try to do 5 cp Eviscerate (with Blade Flurry ofc) right at the jump time. --> You ll rock the DPS meter

scared of scythe... are you serious lol. Your whole raid loses all of their concentration and you take millions of damage, versus leap which no one should take damage from. if you are taking damage in cat phase you are doing it wrong... its basically 0 damage plus amazing uptime on 100% damage buff, or millions of damage and no 100% damage buff. its stupid to not be in cat phase.

@ ryolith

1 tank and 2 heal is the only way to do it, or your dps must be insanely geared and manage not to oversteer the boss. which is almost impossible if all ranged nuke the legs too much.

@majordormo

easy fight. we 4 shotted it. though we where overgeared for it, because our killing order was a bit weird

Shannox-Ryolith-Alysrazor-Baeleroc-Majordormo-(Working on Beth HC)
    Last edited by NeziK; 2011-09-13 at 01:34 PM.

We went Shannox, Rhyolith then Domo, wasn't difficult to get that far.

I'm going to throw a wrench in here and say Alysrazor. She is not a dps race fight, but rather an execution fight that relies on individual play. If you are confident in your team to not stand in crap then you will win.

I'd go with Lord Rhyolith, after so many nerfs, he's easy enough now.
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho