Poll: DO you enjoy Isle of Conquest?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't enjoy ANY instanced PVP zone. The ONLY reason I have been doing it is because it's the only quick way to get any of the Honor gear and accessories, to make me have at least somewhat of a chance to survive WORLD PVP, which is what I want to focus on, and the reason I bought the game in the first place 6 years ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    The best BG ever.

Horde need to realize that it require teamwork of hangar and workshop together. The airship need to have FIVE GUNNERS at all the time. Their priporty should be shooting the east tower cannons down to protect demo then focus all their energy on the shooting the east gate down. There is very small window of opporunity for the gunners to shoot west gate due to the airship's position and run. That is why Horde need to focus their energy on EAST gate, not west gate.

Unfortunately, too many Horde players are so dumb. Everytime they get on the airship, they would jump, leaving airship with no gunners except for me. That cannot happen. Every gunners count. And you wonder why people complain that demo aren't being protected when they're being killed by east tower cannons or that it's so slow to take the gate down with just demos. Not only that, many Horde players CAN'T EVEN TELL the difference between west and east. They think west = left and east = right. Tell you a lot about their eductation system in our country!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonix80 View Post
    Not only that, many Horde players CAN'T EVEN TELL the difference between west and east. They think west = left and east = right. Tell you a lot about their eductation system in our country!
    I think... If they turned the map upside-down...You would see the exact opposite of todays results.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slush View Post
    I think... If they turned the map upside-down...You would see the exact opposite of todays results.
    Except the map isn't upside-down. When one say west and east, you LOOK at the map. Know where you are and how to read compass, which sadly show you how much intelligence players are. What is wrong with our school? It's so easy to understand even 4 years old kid will know the difference between west and east.

Deleted
    i like it. but do i enjoy it? hell no. i enjoy zerg alterac valleys. i enjoy close arathi basin matches. and i HATE effing strand. that shit bg needs to be removed.

i think they should get rid of it and update wintergrasp in its place

Quote Originally Posted by Torne View Post
    seriously?
    you can tank him as a feral in cat form if you have 3 healers.
    Yeah goodluck with that when a rogue opens shadow dance smokebomb on you in cat form.

IOC is one of the best bg's for call to arms simply because even tho you may lose 50% of the time or more, its the fasted bg in the game, with the average bg lasting less than 10 minutes. at 100 honor per loss and 200 per win, you can get upwards of 1200 honor per hour if you win every game, and still 600 per hour from loses. youd be hard pressed to do better than that with the average times it takes to win other bg's like twin peaks, wsg, ab, and bfg, whose games last between 20 and 30 minutes easily. the only bg i enjoy FOR HONOR GRINDING mroe than IOC is probably sota, and thats because horde wins sota a hell of a lot more frequently than IOC.

however, i really dont like IOC for pvp purposes. its just the fasted honor grind during call to arms.

When it turtles up its not too bad other then that I could do without it. Sadly its still not the worst map from Wrath Strands is a guessing game and race most of the time, pick the right gate to start you almost always win. Its like the end of American Gladiators in the early 90's but they had 3 doors at the end 2 were blocked one was free. You could still win if you went into a bad gate but if you didnt you won for sure.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Balmung View Post
    I dislike it that much that I finally created an account here.
    LOOOOL Win.

OT: I hate Isle of Conquest with my heart and soul and wish it were removed from the game. Or atleast out of the random BG button.

My Fav BG is classic good ole Arathi Basin. I'm glad my DK doesnt need anything from honor vendors so I just queue for the BG i like. Being ally is instant in =)

As alliance i just love it! easy win!
    warp field to weaken its armor, let it close, then tech armor! - Turian hipster

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EviForums View Post
    I love it, it's tactically a great BG, but no one plays it "properly". Every one I enter, people /yell docks!!!! and then the glaives get raped by ferals/rogues, etc. and then all you get is "zomg ally suck". But if you try and explain tactics you're a noob and the WS sucks, apparently.
    I found this hilarious. On horde, nobody will ever go anywhere docks, and we then lose to glaives. It's the only BG my statistics says has a win rate under 50%.

Though I love the artwork and the island itself, its simply too massive with convoluted and often confusing victory conditions. Its too big and too awkward.
    I'm rolling a Blunt Elf... That's a high-elf that likes to party.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like it much at all.. Of all the BG's , people work together the least in IOC... So, I head for the hangar and shoot things until horde takes it back, then I go get it back, and head back to the airship. When and if we are actually ready to hit the boss, I'll jump down and head in to fight. And then I praise Elune that it's over.
    [IMG][/IMG]

simply that the battleground is broken: i mean the boss should be like AV, powerup depending of the reinforcements, not rush rush rush rush and kill glaives
    You will not be forgotten, Eleanor / Steam ID / DeviantArt page / YouTube / Twitter

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Turtles are heaps of fun in IoC!

I'd love to see a random element bought into IoC. For example;

The docks (or hanger and workshop) could be on fire at the start of the match and unusable for the game.

This means teams have to re-think how they do things. rather then always zerg the one spot.

Cannons on defense. only way to play

I really hate it, with a passion, mostly because alliance never get siege engines for my achievement>.>

No, but I really do. Anything with Vehicles doesn't really define PvP ESPECIALLY SOTA.