Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Angry Help my guild click the Lightwell

My guild is great and all, until we get to the delicate issue that is clicking the lightwell. I have been alternating holy and disc since Cataclysm but lately I'm playing holy more. I love the spec, the spells and lightwell, but my guild doesn't. They simply won't use it. I have the same 3-4 people that *occasionally* use it but that's about it.

Nowadays we are 2 holy priests in our 25 man group and ofc we position our lightwells so we cover most of the group, especially when split. But 99% of the time the lightwells vanish due to being off cd and not because people have used all charges. I even glyphed now, hoping in a wonder, but to no avail.

I told them a million times that it's there, to click on it, that it doesn't bite... Some remember sometimes... And as I said, there's this tank that uses it all the time, the other tank - sometimes, a rogue, myself and a mage. I even got RSA's announcements up when someone uses it, so I can call them out... Right, like anyone cares for my useless spam. I admit, sometimes I forget / don't have time/ my fps drops like crazy and I simply can't get my mouse over it in time, but I use it. Also, as for example, at Majordomo, I spam the crap out of PoH, get yelled at to heal more, and still, my lightwell goes off cd with charges up... And this gets on my nerves in every single raid.

One thing that pissed me off even more: I was in several battlegrounds not long ago and guess what. Yes, the lightwell would go before you could blink. Or in LFD, same thing. (Not all, ofc).

So, how do I teach my guild that lightwell is good?

Do they know that lightwell has been changed, that it no longer makes you lose your target and you can do it in the middle of an action?

Cant you macro using it? If it was on my hotbar it'd be far easier to use imo :P

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    What is a Lightwell?

Seriously though, I barely click it either... Or well, on Baleroc I do when soaking the damn crystals, though!

You cant really teach people. Just keep bitching about it and then maybe, just MAYBE more people will start clicking it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy is a garbage spec until atleast the next Xpac, give up. Reroll druid or go disc/shadow.

Easy same way our Hpriest got us to use light well. He stopped using CoH...People started clicking On LW really quick. Also Yelling it in vent 100000 times until someone clicks on it is also good

i hope your dropping them in good locations?
    i hope your not one of those healers who wants me to run infront of the boss and die to a cleave just so i can click your lightwell...

you also can't expect melee to run across the map to grab it either...

be realistic, sometimes it's just not worth it to go out of the way especially since by the time you get to the damn thing you'll probably be covered in hots or healed to full.

if your dropping it ontop of people and they arn't clicking it, then yeah... they are retarded.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    i hope your not one of those healers who wants me to run infront of the boss and die to a cleave just so i can click your lightwell...

be realistic, sometimes it's just not worth it to go out of the way especially since by the time you get to the damn thing you'll probably be covered in hots or healed to full.
    It has a decent range to it...

Lightwell is a really bad mechanic and totally relies on people interacting with it, which during a raid fight isn't so common. I feel your pain OP.

If I whine, they will QQ that I'm whining too much :/ If I don't heal, QQ that I don't heal, omg recruit more healers (I'm the recruitment officer, lol).

I don't want to change my spec, although I'll probably use that point elsewhere, but this was not the point of this topic.

As for macro, all I can think of is a /interact bla bla, but I have no clue if it would work. Something to try tho!

And yes, ofc they know it's changed, I've told them 84635284365 times

if your dropping it ontop of people and they arn't clicking it, then yeah... they are retarded.
    Of course I'm trying to make it as easy to reach by everyone, and depending on fight I don't expect everyone to click it. Majordomo again, we stack between pincers and the lightwell is to our right, a few yards away so you don't click the boss hitbox but also in range. At Ragnaros p1 for example, I put it between the tanks and I only expect them to use it, which they mostly do. And so on and so forth.

Why I raise this problem is that not only do they not click it, aka do something themselves to ease healing or simply not die, we get called to heal more...
    Last edited by Taianne; 2011-09-13 at 12:15 PM.

The range on lightwell is freaking huge you should not ever have to move to click it. Any holy priest can tell you this.

Also it is the single largest hot in the game if you click it. It is well worth it.

OP get your rl to assist you. Have him start calling out and yelling at people who die and do not have the hot on them. If he is one of the people who doesn't care about lightwell then he is a bad.

Actually Shadow priest is one of the more powerful DPS atm, if they are overstocked with healers, pick up shadow.

I honestly don't care enough to click the lightwell to put a hot on myself, never have and never will. I doubt i ever will no matter how much someone bitches, in 6 years of raiding i've used maybe 5 healthstones also. I don't put myself in situations where i take a lot of damage and if a raid leader puts me in one or there is a moment of heavy raid damage i use a personal cool down.

"Use the Lightwell, or I'll pull the trigger!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FearGX View Post
    Lightwell is a really bad mechanic and totally relies on people interacting with it, which during a raid fight isn't so common. I feel your pain OP.
    This is exactly right, the holy priest is like a canary in a mine. When they are doing well, the raids are made well. When they start to suck or become completely useless like in Firelands, everything is dark and the ball was dropped.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate it when they're near people.. I tend to click them, thus losing DPS -.-
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Emek View Post
    I honestly don't care enough to click the lightwell to put a hot on myself, never have and never will. I doubt i ever will no matter how much someone bitches, in 6 years of raiding i've used maybe 5 healthstones also. I don't put myself in situations where i take a lot of damage and if a raid leader puts me in one or there is a moment of heavy raid damage i use a personal cool down.
    I am willing to bet if shaman drops healing rain on you you step out of the circle too.

Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    You use a mouse to click it and it doesnt affect your gcd. So how do you lose dps?

The only way to lose dps is if your a clicker and have to move your mouse away from your action bar.
    Last edited by Keilith; 2011-09-13 at 12:18 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    Are you clicking buttons on your toolbar then? If not and you are using hotkeys, clicking lightwell should have basically no effect at all on your dps assuming you can function both your hands at once.

Lightwell is great, the design is terrible. The most obvious fix is an out of bounds topic on here afaik so can't discuss that. Hopefully Blizzard finds a way to address the spell at some point. They have tried to do so much so far to it to make people click it. Maybe the answer is to add a button to the interface that appears whenever you are in range of a Lightwell. That would allow people to continue to tunnel vision on their bars so they aren't looking around to heal themselves from a Lightwell.

Dare I suggest using Elune Stones to point them out more? :]

>.< I don't want to go dps, NO NO NO NO NO!

And then... The RL will call out for healing, and I can't get it stuck into his head...

Quote Originally Posted by Samaramon View Post
    Dare I suggest using Elune Stones to point them out more? :]
    More likely some go-go-Gadget-hands! So I can grab their hand and move it to the lightwell...
    Last edited by Taianne; 2011-09-13 at 12:24 PM.