Deleted

fatigue vs leg fatigue

I go running 2-3 times a week, I started this about 4 months ago.

At first my legs always got tired alot faster then my body. But now its the other way around.
    My legs nearly dont get tired anymore by the time im to tired to run.

Is there a way to balance this out? Or should I just keep doing what I do, and let my endurance build up?

I run 3 miles 4 times a week and do HIITs for 10 minutes 2 times a week. I've been doing this for about 3 months.

The first month, my legs were always the thing that got tired first but I discovered it was because of how I was running. I switched up my steps to not be the heel to toe style I learned a long time ago and my leg fatigue went to the wayside.

The body fatigue I feel while running is my body being a bitch. It seems that my mind likes to make me think that I'm fatigued and wants me to quit yet when i suck it up and keep going, I end the run fine and think back realizing how full of shit my body can be.

People are not alike though so the fatigue you feel could be real and not some game your lazy mind is playing. Perhaps you should try eating some carbs or calorie dense food a bit before running to give you that umph. I used to take a scoop of Jack3d before I ran but now I just eat a banana or an apple so give that a shot and just keep pushing yourself.

Like I was told once while running in the Marines "Your body will let you know when you can't run anymore... you'll vomit, fall down or pass out. Everything else you feel is just weakness."

Deleted
    Ok, i'll try running longer, and see what happens. If I started vomiting or if I passed out i'll let you know

When you feel fatigue it's not your 'mind', your body is actually trying to tell you something.

1) Balance. Are you running both endurance and intensity/speed?
    2) Are you exercising your upper body muscles (ie lift weights, swim)
    3) Stretching your upper body
    4) Do abdominal workouts!

Quote Originally Posted by Foosha View Post
    When you feel fatigue it's not your 'mind', your body is actually trying to tell you something.

1) Balance. Are you running both endurance and intensity/speed?
    2) Are you exercising your upper body muscles (ie lift weights, swim)
    3) Stretching your upper body
    4) Do abdominal workouts!
    That's funny because I do all of the things you listed, and I run 6 days a week. When I feel fatigued (usually within the first 10-15 minutes of the run), I push through it because I can tell the difference between actually being tired and laziness. Ever been running and feel like quitting but a song you love tunes up and you push out an extra 5 minutes? Thanks Pendulum! Ever been super fatigued and felt like walking but you day dream of having abs and being fed grapes by ScarJo? Thanks brain! That shit is vastly more mental than it is running out of fuel.

As an example: Ever watch biggest loser? Those people consistently try and stop walking/running on the treadmills and they are pushed to a point they thought they could not go. Do you think that's bad? Your body tells you something alright... you should quit bcause it's scared of getting hurt, when in fact you can push through that and finish.

Obviously pushing yourself to a breaking point is ignorant but that isn't what I meant at all. I was just mentioning that sometimes, especially for beginners, fatigue can be mental. Saying "it's not your mind" is wrong. Because it can damn well be your mind. I know for a fact it's my mind. I was just relating my experience as a runner. Clearly there are various types of fatigue from muscles to your metabolism but just throwing mind fatigue to the wayside like it's nonexistent isn't right. It's real and believe it or not, it happens to everyone who runs. I'm sure you've heard of The Wall?

Also:

http://www.runningplanet.com/training/new-look-running-fatigue.html

http://www.runningplanet.com/training/disassociation-running-performance.html

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    When I feel fatigued (usually within the first 10-15 minutes of the run), I push through it because I can tell the difference between actually being tired and laziness.
    yeah, that's pretty much it...your metabolism gets started and you just feel awake afterwards.

Deleted
    I wasn't talking about after 15 minutes though, that always happens but it will always go away

Deleted
    It's just a matter of you needing to improve your cardio workout. Your legs might carry you now, but you're still in bad shape overall.