Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Are you going to overclock ? ( if not , the H100 is a big waste )
    If you're going to reach for around 4,3-4,5Ghz the H60 will do just fine and you save money .

Also , why the Maximus IV Gene ? I'd drop the H100 , go for the H60 and go for a P8Z68-V pro instead .

8GB of RAM is overkill if he's just going to use it for gaming.
    Last edited by Shelzar; 2011-09-13 at 11:45 PM.

Why a mATX board in the HAF X. I have a regular ATX board in mine at that even looks small.

Pics for reference.

I'm trying like hell to avoid random sharp blue. The Gene-Z has literally everything I need going for a motherboard and isn't frigging blue. >>

As for overclocking, I was thinking of putting it at ~4.4GHz, but I'll see how the chip turns out. I'm hoping to make a reasonable beast out of the build. A beast that preferably looks exceptionally fashionable as well.

This will be a beast !

From MPX.no

SLI Performance
    Much more stable SSD
    Slicker Chassis ( Atleast i prefer that one ^^ )
    More options on the Motherboard like Sata and USB

But im just giving you options !

Last edited by Shelzar; 2011-09-14 at 12:12 AM.

Not when the parts are subpar to what I already picked just earlier (with some small exceptions such as HDD and maybe PSU), yet falling at a higher price...

AsRock are extremely rare in Norway. :<

Aw.. *thinks.... ouch, that hurts*

I thought MSI had also "no-blue" Z68 boards, but apparently I was wrong.

What about the Bitfenix Shinobi Window? It's smaller than the HAF X so the board won't look ridiculously small in there. (Or a Sharkoon T9)

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Not when the parts are subpar to what I already picked just earlier (with some small exceptions such as HDD and maybe PSU), yet falling at a higher price...
    You wanted a Gaming computer to handle Skyrim and BF3

The two Gtx 560 Ti's will perform better than the 570 .
    You said you wanted to achieve around 4,4Ghz , H60 is all that's needed and the H100 will be a waste of money and will probably be a lot louder .
    8Gb's of RAM is NOT required for gaming purposes . And unless he's doing a lot of editing etc it wont be necessary with more than 4Gb.
    The P8Z68-V PRO is not subpar to the Maximus Iv Gene .
    And the Corsair SSD is using a sandforce controller , which a LOT of people are having trouble with , BSOD's all the time , the computer not being able to find the SSD etc . And the Crucial M4 just got a new Firmware update which gives it about a 20% performance increase i think it was .

But yeah ..

1. Oh, I didn't notice the dual 560ti. Personally, I'd really try and dodge the SLI bullet, particularly right out of the box, and particularly with mid-range cards.
    2. 4.4GHz with the H60 without scratching some silly high temperatures? I am skeptical, but willing to step down to it if it does hold true.
    3. P8Z68-V PRO isn't subpar to Maximus IV Gene-Z. It is, however, a redundancy. And frigging goddamn blue. Why did it have to be blue? /IndianaJonesFace
    4. The Crucial SSD might be some food for thought though, although with the OEM nature of the hardware market I suspect it may be the Sandforce controller, but I wouldn't know about the particular brand.

Your setup will do fine , and if you absolutely want the looks , go for it ! ^^

But performance wise , im 100% sure my setup will do better .

Maybe, or maybe not. SLI/Crossfire with low- or mid-range cards is very notorious for micro-stutter.

15+ Year Old Account
    the HAF X is huge, consider the 932 or 922 unless he has loads of space
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

HAF 922 looks horrendously worse off in terms of quality, unless they've had a revision since the pictures were last taken. And the HAF 932 isn't available in the store of presence, which wouldn't have been a problem usually, but it's not exactly coming across as an exceptionally very nice case either, nor would I like to have to go through several websites to get the stuff the build needs.

/rubs temple

I've had 3 and a half hours of sleep, and I can't sleep while they're working literally next-door.