Asus engtx 275 versus Nvidia GTX 275

Wich of them is the better one?

Also I plan on using ASRock - H61M-S with my i7 920, are there any known incompalities with any 2009+ GFX cards out there? Thank you so much
    Last edited by Mistgard; 2011-09-13 at 03:00 PM.

You concidering buying new ones of these?

15+ Year Old Account
    They have the same CPU. Thats about it i can pull from what little info you gave me.
    And we have not even the slightest clue about the rest of the card if you dont post links.
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

Quote Originally Posted by Masterec View Post
    You concidering buying new ones of these?
    Yes, I know they're a little bit old, but I get them cheap couse people sell 'em used.

Im looking to build a rig that would allow me to box 10 toons in WoW flawlessly(it's ok if I have to run on minimal graphics settings) and Skyrim. That's pretty much it for me, so I don't think that im in need of a terrific GFX card. Although if one of these can't run Skyrim on medium settings, then I might want to concider buying a slightly more expensive card, to be able to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by kailtas View Post
    They have the same CPU. Thats about it i can pull from what little info you gave me.
    And we have not even the slightest clue about the rest of the card if you dont post links.
    Aight sorry

http://www.nvidia.com/object/io_1238654717841.html
    http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/asus_engtx275/
    Last edited by Mistgard; 2011-09-13 at 02:40 PM.

How much you paying for them used?

Not sure that your processor can handle 10 clients of wow, even on low settings. Its a last gen processor, You should get a current gen i7 to run 10 clients at all smoothly.

How much you paying for them used?

Not sure that your processor can handle 10 clients of wow, even on low settings. Its a last gen processor, You should get a current gen i7 to run 10 clients at all smoothly.
    Atm im running AMD athlon 64 x2 dual core processor 3800 with 2ghz of memory, and using 800x600 resolution, /console maxfps 1 and minimum graphical settings, I can run 4 WoW windows with a slight lag now, or 3 relatively lag free. So I figured that with a quad-core processor I would at least be able to run double of that, if not more.

But the pricing for Asus(buyout price, started lower/cheaper of course) was 85€ and currently 42€ for the Geforce one. I will probably buy this Geforce card regarldess, just curious if the performance difference between these two cards was more than 20-30% or non-existent

Im not good at evaluating wich card are comatible with what motherboards and such, so im basically following an old buy list I found on some forum some time ago. So im just searching cards with the term "gtx 275" and coincidentally they fall within this good price range as well
    Last edited by Mistgard; 2011-09-13 at 02:53 PM.

Dont the first gen i7´s require a x58 chipset? Meaning that the motherboard you listed in OP wont fit the old processor.
    Looked up on my countries most used auction site for old computer parts, about 40-50€ for gtx 275, and personally I wouldnt pay more than that for a gfx card thats been used for like 2 or more years and can break down on you any second.

Theres no real difference between the cards, only different coolers and a possible slight overclock, go for the cheaper one.
    Last edited by Masterec; 2011-09-13 at 02:58 PM.

Dont the first gen i7´s require a x58 chipset? Meaning that the motherboard you listed in OP wont fit the old processor.
    Looked up on my countries most used auction site for old computer parts, about 40-50€ for gtx 275, and personally I wouldnt pay more than that for a gfx card thats been used for like 2 or more years and can break down on you any second.
    It says in the compatible drivers section Core i5, i3 Core, Core i7 ( I have i7 920)
    Last edited by Mistgard; 2011-09-13 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistgard View Post
    It says in the compatible drivers section Core i5, i3 Core, Core i7 ( I have i7 920)
    Yes, but the first gen i7 used a different socket than the current gen ones.
    Old one used LGA 1366, and the current ones used LGA 1155.

Yes, but the first gen i7 used a different socket than the current gen ones.
    Old one used LGA 1366, and the current ones used LGA 1155.
    Indeed. Gues I'll have to look up some other solutions then!
    Last edited by Mistgard; 2011-09-13 at 03:07 PM.

Deleted
    The motherboard you linked to/have is socket 1156, which means you have to find a CPU with the same socket. The 920 is socket 1366 :|
    i7 860 is pretty much the same CPU but with a different socket :P
    Last edited by mmoc30897d5265; 2011-09-13 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nunnally View Post
    The motherboard you linked to/have is socket 1156, which means you have to find a CPU with the same socket. The 920 is socket 1366 :|
    The H61M-S Meaning the H61 chipset supports 1155, the current gen of i5 and i7.

Anyone got some suggestions for a cheap 1366 based motherboard then?
    Last edited by Mistgard; 2011-09-13 at 03:17 PM.

Deleted
    The H61M-S Meaning the H61 chipset supports 1155, the current gen of i5 and i7.
    Oh right, forgot H5x and P5x is 1155 >< H6x, P6x and Z6x is the 1156, my bad!

Deleted
    Nvidia is the maker of the GPU on the GTX275.

They dont make the actual boards. Yeah they made them for when the cards launched but after that it's all changed by OEM's. Like Asus EVGA etc.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Considering the price of an i7 860 and a socket 1156 motherboard or the i7 920+ and a socket 1366 motherboard I just can't see the reason behind purchasing them. Even if you do get them used you're buying old parts that are sub par in comparison to the current generation. Did I mention you're buying old parts that won't have warranty or have 6 months to a year maybe left for RMA.

I don't know dude I would really push you on having to rethink this. If you're wanting to 10 box and do it like the video that was posted you can do it the right way and see adequate performance, or you can do it the wrong way.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistgard View Post
    Got any suggestions for a cheap 1366 based motherboard then?
    Just look up on any computer parts site for x58 based motherboards, you can probably write that straight into the search window

EDIT, But yeah, you shouldnt buy 2 gen old parts, try building a new computer dedicated to this. I reckon you can afford it since you can afford 150 € / $ on accounts every month.
    Last edited by Masterec; 2011-09-13 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Culadin View Post
    Considering the price of an i7 860 and a socket 1156 motherboard or the i7 920+ and a socket 1366 motherboard I just can't see the reason behind purchasing them. Even if you do get them used you're buying old parts that are sub par in comparison to the current generation. Did I mention you're buying old parts that won't have warranty or have 6 months to a year maybe left for RMA.

I don't know dude I would really push you on having to rethink this. If you're wanting to 10 box and do it like the video that was posted you can do it the right way and see adequate performance, or you can do it the wrong way.
    Well, im buying used parts becouse im poor. I didn't realize at the moment of buying that a lower generation computer things would actually be more expensive. To be frank I was just following a 2009 shopping list I found on some page on dual-boxing.com forums.

If these i7 generation CPU's are found to be not only more expensive but also technically inferior as well, then I will surely have to rethink about buying them again. if it's possible to fit any modern graphics card(s) to that cheap ASrock motherboard that is.

EDIT, But yeah, you shouldnt buy 2 gen old parts, try building a new computer dedicated to this. I reckon you can afford it since you can afford 150 € / $ on accounts every month.
    I only plan on boxing trials/on the PTR's where I get instant 85's, so yeah I haven't prepared to put any money aside for that

Thank you anyways, though You have been of great help
    Last edited by Mistgard; 2011-09-13 at 03:25 PM.

Do a search on that old parts site of yours if GTX 470 are listed, they are last gen but still pretty good, id go with one of them if I was on a budget, (70-90 € here)

Do a search on that old parts site of yours if GTX 470 are listed, they are last gen but still pretty good, id go with one of them if I was on a budget, (70-90 € here)
    Yea well I did that and all of the motherboards with x58 wich I found were over 170€ so that's why I asked if there was any cheaper alternatives around for that particular x58 chipset that someone would know of

I guess there aren't any cheaper options out there then

Thank you anyway though.
    Last edited by Mistgard; 2011-09-13 at 03:30 PM.