Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by RorixRebel View Post
    So for the past 2 weeks ive seen more and more destro locks doing raids, and tbh they are not pulling horrible numbers
    plus they help in the mix when doing FL or BWD/BoT

sometimes they even do better than me(demon) usually cause i mess up with my rotation ,cds or also cause i suck
    whatever it is you name it....

my point is, do you guys think its still viable to go destro at pve?
    destro has always been my favorite spec, so im feeling really tempted to try it out

cheers

i destroy any spec with demo, pulling 33-34k (five min single target fight) at item level 381. end of discussion

Deleted
    Hey Mister "World Class Dps" could you stop bragging about your dps everywhere ?

"end of discussion"
    What a shitty attitude...

Destro is under the other two specs, but is definitely viable.
    Last edited by mmoc8b57eca00f; 2011-09-15 at 05:33 PM.

vi·a·ble
       [vahy-uh-buhl]
    adjective
    1. capable of living.
    2. Physiology .
    a. physically fitted to live.
    b. (of a fetus) having reached such a stage of development as to be capable of living, under normal conditions, outside the uterus.
    3. Botany . able to live and grow.
    4. vivid; real; stimulating, as to the intellect, imagination, or senses: a period of history that few teachers can make viable for students.
    5. practicable; workable: a viable alternative.

is my question viable?
    Yes, your question is viable. Destro is not viable if your raid is lacking dps. Otherwise it is.
    *Serious face... fist in air.*

It's certainly viable, but rarely optimal. The only fight I would consider destro this tier is baleroc purely for soaking the first shard if you don't have a spriest or DK or something and have the DPS to spare.

Back in Wrath, I raided as all 3 spec's and I used to really like Destro and I would honestly like to see it make a small come back or at least be more on par with aff and demo ya know? Granted, I wouldn't ever again make Destro my main spec, cause I have too much fun as Demo or Aff, but I'd at least try it out again as a raiding spec

10+ Year Old Account
    Problem with Destro is it was scaled around always using boh. Since boh is near useless in FL, destro is dead... next tier it may be back on top...

may

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Licarius View Post
    Problem with Destro is it was scaled around always using boh. Since boh is near useless in FL, destro is dead... next tier it may be back on top...

may
    NO NO NO NO NO........
    BoH put it over the top destro did just fine on fights without it the reason destro isn't on top anymore is be cause there was a bug with glyph of imp that had the imp double dipping and doin more damage

4.1 destro damage was just fine without BoH it was borderline OP when you could use BoH

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    Hey Mister "World Class Dps" could you stop bragging about your dps everywhere ?

"end of discussion"
    What a shitty attitude...

Destro is *slightly* under the other two specs, but is definitely viable.
    FIFY

The way that some people talk, you'd think destro would be doing 5K when Aff and Demo are doing 20K that's not the case, it's maybe 5% less according to EJ.

But, their calculations are based on top level gear and a mythical perfect player, so that has about as much relevance to the average player as what brand of shoes Tony Romo is wearing to a kid playing a pick up game in the street.

theres some things i like destro for like doing daily quests and battlegrounds. i want it be comparable dps with aff so i can use both in raids and not worry about it.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by andr0id View Post
    FIFY

The way that some people talk, you'd think destro would be doing 5K when Aff and Demo are doing 20K that's not the case, it's maybe 5% less according to EJ.

But, their calculations are based on top level gear and a mythical perfect player, so that has about as much relevance to the average player as what brand of shoes Tony Romo is wearing to a kid playing a pick up game in the street.
    you ever bother to check out simcraft? you can change the settings for many things some of those include
    player skill
    movement in a fight

really check something out before you try to discredit it
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    you ever bother to check out simcraft? you can change the settings for many things some of those include
    player skill
    movement in a fight

Yes, I have simcraft, yes I've used helter skelter.

I stand by what I said. What lock spec somebody in Paragon or other Heroic Rag killing guild picks has very little real impact on most average or even above average players.

It's starts as somebody in Paragon wearing Reeboks, then everybody is wearing Reeboks, then World of Logs shows that everybody wearing Reeboks is doing great DPS.

Duh, there are only 5 people left wearing Nikes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Who care how it sims, sims are just a nice tool to point into the right direction.
    If Destrso was only 5% behind on live people would se alot more destruction locks in raids.
    Destro is either far more than 5% behind in the type of encounters FL offers OR 95% of all warlocks raiding are clueless cos they play Affe with offspec Demo or the other way around.

Wonder which of the alternatives is most likely. Just saying..
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

15+ Year Old Account
    player skill
    movement in a fight

How many average players realise how bad they are to enter the right data into a sim when it comes down to player skill?

my point is, do you guys think its still viable to go destro at pve?
    destro has always been my favorite spec, so im feeling really tempted to try it out
    Try it out, I find it to be the most fun!
    It is viable. If you wipe on a boss solely due to not having enough dps (assuming you are playing destruction correctly,) then the other DPS in the raid are not playing their own DPS specs correctly.

if you are coming up with a 10k difference it's not the spec it's you
    This.

As a destro lock who plays other specs depending on the situation I have never had any problem with destro, although ISF is without question a clunky non-fun mechanic.

Deleted
    On a good attempt I get 32-35k burst dps as Destruction on Baleroc hc 10 man for the 1st 30-40 seconds of the fight and then it evens out to around 26k after 35% ish

@ op
    Destro is fine and has some good utility - just expect that your going to be near the bottom in dps recount. I raid raid in a decent guild and we all have the same gear level and thats just how it is all things being equal. play what you like and dont stress about it. The game is supposed to be enjoyed.

i still use destro on baleroc (for shards), rhyo (cause im steering and i like the leg burst), and rag (cause i'm 10 man and the stun is much needed with my group setup), other than that, affliction is the way to go, every piece of gear i get affliction seems to eek out more and more