Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TehTiny View Post
    Has anybody actually tried this bad boy on VM? That is the way I would prefer to play with it so if you are having success I would appreciate the knowledge. Cheers!
    Wouldn't work for me in VMWare Workstation

10+ Year Old Account
    In that case I guess I need to break out partition magic. Thanks for the heads up. I might still give VM a whirl just to see if I might have different luck. It could totally happen!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saithes View Post
    Wouldn't work for me in VMWare Workstation
    works with hyper-v within itself though

Working for me on VMware Workstation 8

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TehTiny View Post
    Has anybody actually tried this bad boy on VM? That is the way I would prefer to play with it so if you are having success I would appreciate the knowledge. Cheers!
    Works in virtualbox just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saithes View Post
    Lol it didn't like the USB 3.0 drivers or the Intel LAN Drivers.
    Your installation does not work with USB3 on its own? (No USB3 units to test myself)
    Last edited by mmoca371db5304; 2011-09-14 at 02:14 PM.

Deleted
    VM Workstation 8 did the trick.
    I'm not pleased with Windows 8 at all really. This is really aimed at touch computers, mouse and keyboard feel weird in an enviroment like this, and really, even inside the desktop "mode" it just doesn't feel right anymore. Heck it's even lacking a proper start menu.

If its not broke dont try fix it.

I'll be sticking with Win 7. At least for now unless something extraordinary comes with Win 8 that is worth the dollar

May download it to try it. I'm a sucker for new Windows builds and beta stuff. Although I'm not all that interested in it due to the tablet based approach

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkXale View Post
    Your installation does not work with USB3 on its own? (No USB3 units to test myself)
    It only installed partial drivers for my 3rd party USB 3.0 controller.

Deleted
    What's the difference between win7 and 8? :O

10+ Year Old Account
    Even if I install Windows 8 and it turns out to be utter garbage it still makes my inner super techie nerd happy to have a new toy with which to play. It is win-win no matter what as something to do to pass the time.

I've never understood the exitement about an opertating system, really, whats the point? as long as it doesn't crash and its compatible with evrything I don't give a F**k

Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    What's the difference between win7 and 8? :O
    Windows 8 is going be More of a Mobile OS for a Desktop (which is DUMB) then a Real OS. you really need to pay attention to previews lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rork View Post
    I've never understood the exitement about an opertating system, really, whats the point? as long as it doesn't crash and its compatible with evrything I don't give a F**k
    It's all because of improved speeds and new convenience features. Windows 8 lacks the ladder.
    It has inconvinience features.

Let's keep all the W8 discussion in http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ting-Windows-8