Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenX View Post
    To be honest compared to how Dragonwrath was, our weapon was not epic let alone being not usable by DW Death Knights who were normally were the best dps spec for the class if an Unholy or Blood had wielded a weapon other than shadowmourne...

I really hope this "interview" is fake else 4.3 may be the very reason for me to quit
    honestly what you said about shadowmourne just sounds like you're buthurt about it being a 2hander. but i have to agree, i hope it's fake for 2 reasons
    1: agil dagger... seriously? they couldn't have made it any other kind of 1 hander and included enh shaman who had their legendary in vanilla when it was resto or gtfo and even then they sucked?
    2: pandas
    3: pandas
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Mess with someone's head enough, you can turn a scared little kid into an all powerful bitch.
    only two things are infinite the universe, and human stupidity,
    and i'm not too sure about the universe -Albert Einstein

This is obviously a hoax. I can't believe bababooey would put something so obviously phoney on the front page.

This is a classic switch-a-roo to throw people off the scent of what's really going down at blizzard. Bet money.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drihan View Post
    What about a feral druid/hunter legendary then? That is the only type that hasn't been made yet.
    I'll give you Ferals, but Hunters had the bow.

10+ Year Old Account
    The new LFR "difficulty" will be called: "Hand holding" mode.

A giant Pandaren will hold you and the rest of your raid's hand while he teaches you the bosses, he will even show you how to do your rotation. Whenever you hit the correct button on your action bar the Pandaren will give you a high-five and the button will light up with stars. In addition, the Pandaren will also pick up you if you stand in fire..he will tell "Good Job!" if you don't stand in fire. Whenever you down a boss, the Pandaren will give you a hug and he will give you a star that goes right above your nameplate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgoblin View Post
    China does not care about video game Pandas. This silly rumor has been put to rest a thousand times.
    Well, I have never read something that proved that wrong, but in case it exists, I apologize for my inexactitude.

But applying logic here, PRC made Blizzard to cover bones, skeletons and skulls, change blood to an unreal color. I don't find it that crazy that PRC may ban a videogame about Pandas dying. Trust me, I've lived in China for a couple of years, and pandas to them are a sacred source of pride for the Chinese.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ragingsoul View Post
    so after removing raid lock out, where you could chill in 10man with your friends for lower ilvl loot, they are gonna re introduce it but this time, by putting 25 noobs together, dumb down content so that even pugs can make it, on a different/same lock out? ..

and the fact that they don't know the name of a legendary, OR the lore behind it at this point, I also call fake.
    Through, they introduced a new ilvl pvp loot without even saying a word before, and they already made so many nerfed that I wouldn't be that surprised it it's real. Glad I'm not playing anymore, the news are getting more ridiculous each week.
    ... why did i not notice those parts too? he's the lead producer and he doesn't know that much before revealing details? that is full of fail
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Mess with someone's head enough, you can turn a scared little kid into an all powerful bitch.
    only two things are infinite the universe, and human stupidity,
    and i'm not too sure about the universe -Albert Einstein

10+ Year Old Account
    As I read this, I couldn't help but think that it's absolutely, completely fake.

It all seems very awkward, and some things don't make sense.

Also, a rogue only legendary? I don't buy it.

Previous legendaries and their classes:

1) Sulfuras: Druids, Paladins, Warriors, Shamans, Deathknights

2) Thunderfury: Paladins, Warriors, Rogues, Hunters, Deathknights

3) Atiesh: Mage, Druid, Warlock, Priest, Shaman

4) Warglaives: Warriors, Rogues, Deathknights

5) Thori'Dal: Warriors, Hunters, Rogues

6) Val'Anyr: Druids, Shamans, Priests, Paladins

7) Shadowmourne: Warriors, Paladins, Deathknights

8) Dragonwrath: Mages, Warlocks, Priests, Shamans

Every legendary so far has had at least 3 classes that could use it. Even if they would itemize it in such a way that it could be useful for enhancement shamans, it would still be ridiculous. That being said, I think it's impossible to make a legendary that would be shared between those two.
    I suppose technically they could make it useful for a hunter, that would depend on the proc they would give it.
    Last edited by phyrix; 2011-09-14 at 12:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ferals had Sulfuras ^_^ Ive played Rogue since early vanilla and im not buying this interview, just seems dodgy.

Quote Originally Posted by Worgoblin View Post
    China does not care about video game Pandas. This silly rumor has been put to rest a thousand times.
    Exactly. If you want proof look at the movie Kung Fu Panda, it featured a Panda getting beat up for most of the movie in a comical fashion yet was not only released in China without issue, but became the highest grossing animated film in the country.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chopard View Post
    Well, I have never read something that proved that wrong, but in case it exists, I apologize for my inexactitude.

But applying logic here, PRC made Blizzard to cover bones, skeletons and skulls, change blood to an unreal color. I don't find it that crazy that PRC may ban a videogame about Pandas dying. Trust me, I've lived in China for a couple of years, and pandas to them are a sacred source of pride for the Chinese.
    The only thing they had wrong with them was that the Panderan where wearing Japanese armor. After the armor was switched up China was happy again.

Quote Originally Posted by ranku View Post
    ... why did i not notice those parts too? he's the lead producer and he doesn't know that much before revealing details? that is full of fail
    They want something truly epic. If so, it won't take 2 or 3 months to built everything but a lot more time, so yes, like I said, not knowing those details now either means fake or patch not for 5 or 6 months.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Ret was broken. If you don’t see eye to eye with us on that, then it’s understandable why the degree of change might be surprising to you
    i7 920@ 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte X58A-UD7, 6GB Ram Triple Channel OCZ @ 1900Mhz, CrossFire HD 5850 1Gb, Vertex 3 240Gb, BenQ M2700HD. G15 Keyboard

Didn't a long time a go GC reply to a legendary thread and said they would never do a dagger because they want legendary weapons to be visually striking and that's just not possible to do with a dagger? This seems fake

I'm more than a little surprised that Brack hasn't been fired yet.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I thought it is fake but now that Boub has posted it makes it different. He wouldn't post such stirring news without checking with escapist... I hope!

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I mainly can't believe the post because last time they were asked about a legendary dagger they said something like "A legendary dagger is doubtful, our art team likes to have room to design something truly amazing, and daggers just don't have the space"

And giving a legendary to the least represented class this expansion that have already had 3 since the game was released is beyond stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by phyrix View Post
    As I read this, I couldn't help but think that it's absolutely, completely fake.

It all seems very awkward, and some things don't make sense.

Also, a rogue only legendary? I don't buy it.

Previous legendaries and their classes:

1) Sulfuras: Druids, Paladins, Warriors, Shamans, Deathknights

2) Thunderfury: Paladins, Warriors, Rogues, Hunters, Deathknights

3) Atiesh: Mage, Druid, Warlock, Priest, Shaman

4) Warglaives: Warriors, Rogues, Deathknights

5) Thori'Dal: Warriors, Hunters, Rogues

6) Val'Anyr: Druids, Shamans, Priests, Paladins

7) Shadowmourne: Warriors, Paladins, Deathknights

8) Dragonwrath: Mages, Warlocks, Priests, Shamans

Every legendary so far has had at least 3 classes that could use it. Even if they would itemize it in such a way that it could be useful for enhancement shamans, it would still be ridiculous. That being said, I think it's impossible to make a legendary that would be shared between those two.
    I suppose technically they could make it useful for a hunter, that would depend on the proc they would give it.
    Please don't include Death Knights in any of those as we didn't exist back then, we only had Shadowmourne(except Frost DK, being class's best spec we always have gotten the least of love )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I'm more than a little surprised that Brack hasn't been fired yet.
    If Brack is an employee at Blizzard, then it was his job to do this interview. He knew exactly what he was suppose to and not suppose to say, he was told to do this interview by Blizzard. Meaning Brack did what he was suppose to do and wouldn't get fired.

I can't believe so many people are calling this fake. It is a proper interview on a popular website. The only reason it was taken down was most likely because of a miscommunication.

People always jump to conclusions, if The Escapist did make this as a fake they could be sued by Blizzard without a second thought.

If these separate "random mode" achievements mimic the normal/heroic ones, i.e. "Defeat the bosses of the Firelands in random raid mode," I really hope having done them on normal mode in an actual pre-formed raid will overpower and award credit for the "random" version of it, much like heroic mode overpowers normal mode currently. From an achievement whore perspective, it would be seemingly quite unreasonable and unnecessarily tedious and redundant to have to run raids in the raid finder just for the achievements that come from them, when you're already completing the content otherwise.

Brack: We haven't decided on the name and how it's going to work, we just know that we really want a legendary weapon to come out of this tier and we really want it to be a rogue dagger. That's really all we know at this point.
    Such a strange interview that... I have a rogue as my main, and of course wouldn't mind getting another round of legendary stuff heading my way (only count warglaives, since TF was a tanking legendary), but the quoted stuff sounds so weird... He's basically saying "We don't know why, yet, but rogues must get a legendary at all costs... aaaaaaghhhh!". I'll need more info before I believe this one.