Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I only played Deus Ex out of the three and i love it. Game of the Year.
    “The church says the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than in the church”

-Ferdinand Magellan (1480 – 1521)

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait for Rage imo.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Wait for Rage imo.
    Hell yeah. I have that preordered on Steam. Just a few more weeks!

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbane View Post
    I'd just like to correct the title of the thread, as by definition a 'dilemma' is a scenario where there are at least two possibilities and both of them are impossible.
    If he can only afford to buy one out of the three games but wants them all......sounds like a dilemma to me.

Of the three, I'm playing Space Marine right now and Deus Ex is on the list next.

Space Marine is great fun. Excellent graphics, pretty close to the lore, gore-a-go-go, combat is insanely fun. This is single-player opinion though, I tried multiplayer and quit in disgust. Because I suck at it.

If you are looking for story, I'd say pick DX. I think it's been universally deemed as an excellent game. If you are looking for over-the-top, kill-you-with-a-chainsaw-and-a-boot-up-your-ass combat, definitely SM (bonus points if you're a WH40K fan).

Can't speak for Dead Island.
    "The Patient? Well... maybe... the mental kind..."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Focault View Post
    If he can only afford to buy one out of the three games but wants them all......sounds like a dilemma to me.
    If it were a dilemma, then it wouldn't even be practically acceptable to buy one. That's what a dilemma is, all possibilities are impossible to execute.

Download Deus Ex, Space Marine, and buy Dead Island (only to play with friends). Otherwise download all three. Dead Island with friends is pretty funny.
    Last edited by jotad4; 2011-09-16 at 06:01 AM.
    - wyrd bið ful aræd -

I know many that couldn't when they should because they didn't want when they could.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jotad4 View Post
    Download Deus Ex, Spacemarine, and buy Dead Island (only to play with friends). Otherwise download all three. Dead Island with friends is pretty funny.
    Well, he could download Spess Mehreen, but only if someone seeded the damn torrent.

SEED YOU SELFISH BASTARDS, SEED!!!

Space Marine was very tedious for me. I'd pick Deus Ex if you plan to go solo and Dead Island if you play with friends.

Dues Ex or Dead Island I think.

I got 22-24 hours out of Dues Ex.

Deleted
    If you got friends to play coop dead island for sure (I wouldn't get the game for SP). I still need to play the other 2 so don't really know yet for Sp.