Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    what i do when i solo him is

drag the 1st 2 adviosrs to the start of the instance ( more like i start then run and wait for like 2 or 3 mins)
    i run back to kaels room and kill the 3rd one
    run to void room and kill the 4th one, then i run back to the mage (3rd one) kill all the weapons on her. when they all revie kill the mage asap then kill the eng (4th one) then kill the other 2. if u have the dps you should be able to kill the mage b4 the eng gets to you and kill the eng b4 the other 2 get to you, then in p4 make sure you have some sort of interput otherwise you die to pryoblast kill the phonix and the egg when they pop and nuke kael down, at 50% just kick the crap outa him and dont get that debuff on you.
    also just noticed this was on a preist forum, so id suggest making sure you save bubble and anyother cds for when he cast pryoblast.

good luck

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eErike View Post
    Loving you <3
    Pics and stuff won't be needed if you don't want, just a short thing like "I started it, ran to this place, killed that one first" kind of thing
    Here you go!

How to solo Kael’thas Sunstrider as a Shadow Priest

Okay so since eErike wanted me to explain how to do this, and maybe many others want to know.
    The fight is not to hard actually but it takes some time to learn so be ready to wipe!
    Buffs I used: All my self-buffs of course 300 intellect flask, Drums of forgotten kings, buff food 90 intellect 90 stamina. I also used Glyph of PW:S instead of Glyph of SW:P also used Prayer of mending glyph probably not needed but it’s a help.
    And with the Glyph of Power word: Shield you don’t have to go out of form to heal and get the buff from the mace in p4 and p5.

P1 – P3
    Now to the soloing part when you pull him you run directly out to the entrance there you will kill Thaladred the Darkener(try to not get hit by him since he leave a debuff that hurts quite much) and Lord Sanguinar then you run back to Al’ars room where you will meet Grand Astromancer Capernian kill her somewhere there then keep running to Kael’thas place there you will meet Master Engineer Telonicus try to kill him off close to where you kill the weapons so you can kill him fast before the others come, and try to not get hit by his bombs.
    Now when they all are dead the weapons will come you need to kill Phaseshift Bulwark first since it will interrupt you for around 10 seconds just /tar phase use a pot use shadow fiend, fade, dot it up (don’t use DP on any of them because they are immune…) when that one is dead you dot the others up with VT and SW:P and mind sear them all down you need to loot:
    Cosmic Infuser (Equip: Friendly targets of the caster's heals gain an effect that reduces the damage taken by Fire and Shadow spells by 50% for 30 sec.)
    Staff of Disintegration (Use: Places a mental protection field on friendly targets within 30 yards, granting immunity to Stun, Silence, and Disorient effects.)
    Equip staff directly since now Master Engineer Telonicus will come quite quick just kill him off ASAP don’t get hit by the bombs. After he’s dead or almost dead Grand Astromancer Capernian will come you have quite long time to kill her since the others got a long way to run, Lord Sanguinar will now come just kill him. Thaladred the Darkener just do like before try to kite him and not get hit by him.
    P4
    Now Kael’thas will come and now you have to make sure to have Cosmic Infuser buff and Staff of Disintegration buff up almost 100% start kite him out to Al’ars place and try to have all your buffs on him at all times when the phoenixes spawn just try to dot them and kite Kael’thas around so you don’t have to nuke the birds but when they “die” and become an egg you have to kill it ASAP. When he starts to cast pyroblast you really need to have the buff from mace up and remember that you can refresh it with PW:S. And try to use dispersion when he does pyroblast but if it isn’t up before next pyroblasts just stand there and spam greater heal or flash heal. Just keep killing the eggs and kite him some. At 50% he will run back to his room and do the ritual thing or whatever it is. Try to DPS him as much as you can while he run.
    P5

Still keep buffs up when he teleports you to him and you can fly you have to fly away from the field with all lightning don’t remember the name since it reduces your HP with % every stack so get away from it ASAP and start nukeing after a while he will spawn birds just like in p4 kill them and DPS Kael as much as you can and keep buffs up(I only had my weapons for like 3 min this phase since they dispawned) if they dispawn for you like them did to me you will have to heal yourself much and you will get disoriented so kite him alittle.
    I have to say P5 is the easiest phase after P1^^
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Here is a little picture of where to kill them all.

You can also look at these videos:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ab9JJ...Q&feature=plcp
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Qx3ym4FLHE&NR=1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ab9JJYUrJ1A

Just wrote this fast so probably some spelling stuff ^^
    Good luck to anyone who tries this and tell me if the tactic works for you guys!

A bit OT. The OP has 10K achievement points. Haven't touched achievements for so long. Is 10K difficult to reach?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayaleith View Post
    A bit OT. The OP has 10K achievement points. Haven't touched achievements for so long. Is 10K difficult to reach?
    No not really, and there is many more I can do easy ^^

Grats, the problem I have been having is the hunter guy seems to be able to cast his random stun debuff on me from an infinate distance and once it procs with all 4 of the council guys up I just get owned before it wears off

Wow you did this on a shadow priest? Big grats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UunaPriest View Post
    Grats, the problem I have been having is the hunter guy seems to be able to cast his random stun debuff on me from an infinate distance and once it procs with all 4 of the council guys up I just get owned before it wears off
    Well you should equip and "Use" the staff, Staff of Disintegration (Use: Places a mental protection field on friendly targets within 30 yards, granting immunity to Stun, Silence, and Disorient effects.) problem solved

Gave it a few hits before my practice today, but I'll have to work on the weaps, I can totally see how it's made though thanks to you, so all my love!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Josefina View Post
    HI also used Glyph of PW:S instead of Glyph of SW:P
    Why you replaced SW: P and not SW: D since it's obsolete.

Also are you equipping the weapons with a macro -> buff -> reequip your normal weapon or you keep the stuff on you all the time?

Done a couple of tries yesterday was dying after the weapons since i was messing up the buff and Telonius was applying the debuff one me ill probably make some more tries on weekend.
    I think it's kinda better to kill the 3 advisors to the entrance so you have enough time to kill Telonius before the mage comes but should work the way you've said too

Thanks for the tips though.
    Last edited by Keosen; 2011-09-20 at 09:03 AM.

Imo the SW:P glyph will be replaced anyway for Dispersion glyh, which imo is sorely needed for endurance fights such as these. So in the end you'll be using both glyph of PW:S and glyph of dispersion.

Personally I got him to sub 50% (final phase) but was eventually OOM...I'll try again on the weekend with a few more SWs fitted in for mana.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    Why you replaced SW: P and not SW: D since it's obsolete.

Also are you equipping the weapons with a macro -> buff -> reequip your normal weapon or you keep the stuff on you all the time?

Done a couple of tries yesterday was dying after the weapons since i was messing up the buff and Telonius was applying the debuff one me ill probably make some more tries on weekend.
    I think it's kinda better to kill the 3 advisors to the entrance so you have enough time to kill Telonius before the mage comes but should work the way you've said too

Thanks for the tips though.
    I actually replace SW:P instead of SW just because of the mana we get back I want to stay at full mana almost all the time before P4 but in phase 5 you can’t really SW at all if you don’t want to die ^^
    And with the weapon I’ve binded them both (staff and mace) on F1 and F2 so all I do to reapply the -50% shadow/fire buff on me Is, F2 > Shield >F1 (to apply the staff buff ASAP)(And I always DPS with the staff because you need the buff up all the time). And sure you can kill all the three first advisors at the entrance but won’t the mage and the shield guy come almost at the same time then? If they do you still got two people coming at the same time with full HP.
    Quote Originally Posted by zsun View Post
    Imo the SW:P glyph will be replaced anyway for Dispersion glyh, which imo is sorely needed for endurance fights such as these. So in the end you'll be using both glyph of PW:S and glyph of dispersion.

Personally I got him to sub 50% (final phase) but was eventually OOM...I'll try again on the weekend with a few more SWs fitted in for mana.
    Well you can use dispersion glyph to it would be easier when he does pyroblasts to just dispersion but I didn’t do that ^^ I didn’t have much of a trouble with mana remember though if you have first aid to use some bandages! And two intellect trinkets really help ;P

(chrome crashed 3 times while I was writing…. So I had to open word ;/)
    Last edited by Kassina; 2011-09-20 at 12:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    And with the weapon I’ve binded them both (staff and mace) on F1 and F2 so all I do to reapply the -50% shadow/fire buff on me Is, F2 > Shield >F1 (to apply the staff buff ASAP).
    After you re-apply both buffs you are putting back your normal weapons or you keep DPSing with the legendaries?
    Last edited by Keosen; 2011-09-20 at 02:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    And with the weapon I’ve binded them both (staff and mace) on F1 and F2 so all I do to reapply the -50% shadow/fire buff on me Is, F2 > Shield >F1 (to apply the staff buff ASAP).
    After you re-apply both buffs you are putting back your normal weapons or you keep DPSing with the legendaries?
    You always need to have the Staff buff up so I always DPS with the staff equipped!

10+ Year Old Account
    You always need to have the Staff buff up so I always DPS with the staff equipped!
    You still can equip your normal weapons for extra DPS and every ~25seconds equip stuff to re-apply the buff right?

10+ Year Old Account
    You still can equip your normal weapons for extra DPS and every ~25seconds equip stuff to re-apply the buff right?
    Well if you don't use the staff you will get disoriented and he will start spamming fireballs/pyros at you, then you're pretty much dead. So you equip the mace for the buff every 30 sec then you keep the staff equipped so you get that buff all the time, since its only active while you have the weapon quipped.

Deleted
    No, the instant you un-equip the staff, the no CC buff disappears sadly :/

a shadow priest guildmate posted this video 2weeks ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0B3YWbXMZo

What he meant was that you only need the staff equipped while hes casting the disorient, so once he finished casting disorient you can go back to equipping your normal weapon and dps until hes about to cast disorient again, and thats when you switch back to your staff and apply the shield.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zsun View Post
    What he meant was that you only need the staff equipped while hes casting the disorient, so once he finished casting disorient you can go back to equipping your normal weapon and dps until hes about to cast disorient again, and thats when you switch back to your staff and apply the shield.
    Of course you can do it like that if you have a timer for when he disorient you.