Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb Solo Kael'thas Sunstrider Problem

Hello there! I've been trying to solo Kael'thas Sunstrider now for a while but it seems like I've got some problems I'm having problems with the weapons sometimes but when I get them down and the next phase comes with all the guys spawning at the same time I almost wipe instantly ;/ I don't really know what to do there and how to make it better.
    Anyone here soloing him regularly and know how to do it easily that can give some tips and tricks? ;)

My char http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...n%C3%A1/simple
    I use http://wowtal.com/#k=syORdcrNV.b0w.priest. spec for the extra absorb with the shield and I also use PW:S Glyph for the healing
    I've got Drums of forgotten kings 4% more stats and I have buff food and flask

Don't know if you need to know anything more!

Edit: Me killing him http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0PrkFspWPg
    Last edited by Kassina; 2011-11-07 at 01:07 AM.

Have you tried using a cleared instance so you can drag the advisors out of Kaels room and deal with them one at a time? Not sure if that strat is still viable but I will find a video to show the basic idea for you.

Deleted
    Start the event, run out and go down into voide reavers room...and fight all enemies in that room. It should give you the time to regen abit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tries myself too to check didn't make but didn't tried either i will though.
    Seems the only way to survive is by dragging the adds at Reaver's room or really really far
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0B3YWbXMZo

MC happens if you are the only target?

Quote Originally Posted by Protozoa7 View Post
    How posting a video with a DK soloing something would help a priest do the same?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    Tries myself too to check didn't make but didn't tried either i will though.
    Seems the only way to survive is by dragging the adds at Reaver's room or really really far
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0B3YWbXMZo

MC happens if you are the only target?
    I will try that this time! It seems much easier if you kite them away very far, thanks for linking that!

MC doesn't happen if you are alone.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    How posting a video with a DK soloing something would help a priest do the same?
    the Video is to show him the strategy on kiting the adds to VR, just cause the class isnt the same, doesnt mean u cant have the same strategy

---------- Post added 2011-09-14 at 09:42 AM ----------

on a second note, you might use the Meta gem that decreases stun duration. idk if the gear i looked at was what you used to solo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SpathaSWC View Post
    the Video is to show him the strategy on kiting the adds to VR, just cause the class isnt the same, doesnt mean u cant have the same strategy

---------- Post added 2011-09-14 at 09:42 AM ----------

on a second note, you might use the Meta gem that decreases stun duration. idk if the gear i looked at was what you used to solo
    Not really sure if that stun really is the problem and when I loot the staff and equip it I get stun immune.

I've tried this on my priest, got to Phase 4 but some Advisors were still up.

And I was only putting the -50% Fire/Shadow damage buff when he was casting Pyroblast
    Needless to say I dropped quickly

I've been working off of this video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ab9JJYUrJ1A
    But the other seems to work better

Might try it again soon. Al'ar here I come!

Last time I tried this I kite the first 3 council members all the way back to the entrance of the instance.
    Kill the engineer in the hallway before Kael's room so you can get straight to the weapons as they spawn and come around the corner. (This is important! The 4 advisors ress after a set time after the weapons have been activated, so you need to engage weapons asap!)

Fiend/Fade the weapons, pop a pot, burst down the shield (it interrupts) Dot up the lot and burn them down one by one.
    The melee weapons do most dmg on you, take them first.

After that you'll get the engineer first, burn him down.
    Then you'll get capri+the warrior guy ( whats his name? ) at the same time, make sure you got your fear ward up!
    Burn down Capri first as she's annoying with the conflag thing.

After they're both dead you'll have the slow guy last.

Kael will come quickly after that.
    Havn't gotten much further then that (no time, busy job, too drunk etc.)

I did find out: If you fiend/fade after kael has just come, he'll MC you an despawn when fiend goes away.

Will hopefully have some time to try again the coming weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Crpzz View Post
    I did find out: If you fiend/fade after kael has just come, he'll MC you an despawn when fiend goes away.
    But if you only used Shadowfiend and remained top of the threat board would you get MC'd?

Will have to try sometime

Just like any boss he will never MC the one with aggro, so if you just use SF but don't fade the boss onto it, you should be fine.
    I highly doubt he will MC a pet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Start the event, run out and go down into voide reavers room...and fight all enemies in that room. It should give you the time to regen abit.
    And get some time to gtfaway from Sanguinar xD
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okey so the adds part now are no problem when I put the two first guys @ the entrance the mage around where Al'ar is and the last guy like at the entrance to Kael'thas room I'm able to nuke the weapons down and then the guys, then when Kael'thas comes I've got some problems, I try to keep both buffs up all the time ofc. I don't get much time to nuke Kael since he spawn all the Phoenixes when they "die" I nuke the eggs but it just seem like I don't have enough dps to take Kael down to 50% before he kills me. Had him @ 60% once probably just unlucky or doing something wrong. Or if you got some tips give tell me them! ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Josefina View Post
    Hello there! I've been trying to solo Kael'thas Sunstrider now for a while but it seems like I've got some problems I'm having problems with the weapons sometimes but when I get them down and the next phase comes with all the guys spawning at the same time I almost wipe instantly ;/ I don't really know what to do there and how to make it better.
    Anyone here soloing him regularly and know how to do it easily that can give some tips and tricks?

My char http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...n%C3%A1/simple
    I use http://wowtal.com/#k=syORdcrNV.b0w.priest. spec for the extra absorb with the shield and I also use PW:S Glyph for the healing
    I've got Drums of forgotten kings 4% more stats and I have buff food and flask

Don't know if you need to know anything more!
    i found the problem.....your a clothy :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geno View Post
    i found the problem.....your a clothy :P
    Well that wasn't nice. ;(

10+ Year Old Account
    I did it! first time I got to Phase 5 I took him can't say that P5 is hard really but when he got to around 200k hp both my weapons disappeared so couldn't keep the buffs up so I took really much damage from his fire balls + I got the disoriented debuff ;/ but if I had around 80% hp when he did it, it was fine! took 25 mins to do, but will probably improve the more I do it ;P

Congratulations!
    Mind doing a vid about it or briefly exlain how you did it?
    I'm thinking of trying this myself :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eErike View Post
    Congratulations!
    Mind doing a vid about it or briefly exlain how you did it?
    I'm thinking of trying this myself :P
    Well guess I can do a litte guide how to do it with some pics and stuff maybe even try to do a video.

Quote Originally Posted by Josefina View Post
    Well guess I can do a litte guide how to do it with some pics and stuff maybe even try to do a video.
    Loving you <3
    Pics and stuff won't be needed if you don't want, just a short thing like "I started it, ran to this place, killed that one first" kind of thing