Thread: Fishing Bots

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Fishing Bots

Ok, I'm really really really getting sick of these people using fishing bots. After spending so many hours of fishing I put them on AH with a certain price tag and this person (or these people) come in and lower my prices. Of course these fish were caught while they were sound asleep at night. You know how I know they are bots? Cause I try everything like talking to the person, blocking their view where the lure lands in water, dueling them, even cussing at them. No response, they carry on with their casting and fishing. If it's the opposing faction, I kill them and they don't even release. And for some reason those idiots tend to fish at the very same spot every night. So I fly around and see them every single night at the same spot. Contacted Blizzard, hopefully they'll provide with a solution for this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulpotin View Post
    Ok, I'm really really really getting sick of these people using fishing bots. After spending so many hours of fishing I put them on AH with a certain price tag and this person (or these people) come in and lower my prices. Of course these fish were caught while they were sound asleep at night. You know how I know they are bots? Cause I try everything like talking to the person, blocking their view where the lure lands in water, dueling them, even cussing at them. No response, they carry on with their casting and fishing. If it's the opposing faction, I kill them and they don't even release. And for some reason those idiots tend to fish at the very same spot every night. So I fly around and see them every single night at the same spot. Contacted Blizzard, hopefully they'll provide with a solution for this.
    You're mad because people are better fishers than you?

Deleted
    all i can say fishing bots are EVERYWHERE. i know at least 10 guildies have em, and many more outside of the guild. i think its the bot wich every1 has nowdays..

10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen a fishing bot or two. Bots in general suck. Hope they fix it for you. Tip: add them to your friends list. When they disappear, there is much satisfaction.

---------- Post added 2011-09-14 at 09:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TheWishMaster View Post
    all i can say fishing bots are EVERYWHERE. i know at least 10 guildies have em.
    I hope they all get banned. Nothing personal.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWishMaster View Post
    i think its the bot wich every1 has nowdays..
    I've never had a bot. If I don't have time for a game, I simply don't have time. Is it so hard to just not get the benefits of spending time in the game if you don't have time to play?
    I don't argue to be right, I argue to be proven wrong. Because I'm aware that the collective intelligence of the community likely has more to offer to me by enlightening me, than I do to an individual by "winning" an argument with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I don't always wear tennis shoes, but when I do, I speak Russian. In French.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you report a bot. These players will be looked at by Blizzard. If they really are bots they will get banned.

Fishing bots are the only bots that are free to use (and work well) these days, but those bots are really easy to spot. Everyone has one I guess. ;D
    Blizzard wont do anything tho, my whole guild was full of bots and the only ban I saw was a 1 month ban to an officers bot account.
    Hi

No, I'm not mad because they are better. I'm mad because I put hours into this physically fishing myself. Watching the bobber move, and it can get tiring at times. And by being better do you mean using fishing bots or macros or whatever they're using?

No, I'm not mad because they are better. I'm mad because I put hours into this physically fishing myself. Watching the bobber move, and it can get tiring at times. And by being better do you mean using fishing bots or macros or whatever they're using?
    he was trolling

Its blizzards fault for making the profession so obnoxious! Just kidding, i can't stand it but i'm sure other people like it. Same as i like archeology but many people don't.

Just report them i guess. Nothing more you can do. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post
    Its blizzards fault for making the profession so obnoxious! Just kidding, i can't stand it but i'm sure other people like it. Same as i like archeology but many people don't.

I would fish while watching Law and Order SVU for like 6 hours at a time. Wasn't so bad.

Deleted
    Trying making money another way if it really annoys you this much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaii View Post
    You know what they say: "If you can't beat them, ...".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post

Nobody force you to go after this profession. If you don't like fishing, just don't do it.

You are fishing only for gold? Take a tip and check out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWtNArXFlj4

You know how I know they are bots? Cause I try everything like talking to the person, blocking their view where the lure lands in water, dueling them, even cussing at them.
    People who randomly whisper me and duel invite end up on my ignore list. If I'm fishing, I'm there for raid food, not to entertain someone who think's I'm somthing I'm not. You get in the way of my bobber deliberately, and I'll report you. I'm not interested in engaging with trolling behaviour. I had enough of that in the Dal fountain doing the coin achievement.

Your post made me lol!

No one will do nothing about it, including blizzard...

When i didnt bot, i was reporting the same ones for weeks... at least 3 times a week.

No one did a thing, and yes i added em to friends list... they are still farming... 24/7

fishing bots... you realy think thats a problem? Go into a bg, and see 10-20 bots...

Even the raider next to you in tonights raid can be using a bot... same for the heroics you run.

Wow had come to a point where bots are used more then ever FOR more then ever.

You can raid / fish / farm / arch / heroics... whatever.. and you think thats a problem?

You pay your 15 euros to play like you want to. I pay my 15 euros a month to play like i want to..

Raided hardcore for years, farmed all by hand... now im doing it by bot.. for myself... no abusing economy shit etc

and got tons of time to spare. I actually enjoy the game again.

You think its fun to farm that 16th 85 his honor gear... 25 k points at least for a set... nty... ill bot it.

You cant beat em, join em, and blizzard cant and wont do a thing!

Even IF you report one, and GET a gm that realy cares... The gm has to be CONVINCED that the player is

a bot...nothing will be done... trust me... theres some auto bans going out and 99% of the accounts are activated again within 4 hours.

Wow has become to a point where botting has become normal... believe it or not... WAY more people on your server, even in your guild

are botting! Make your pick on the list above.

Just play your game, and let us play ours, dont like it.. report em / me , waste your own time and blizzards time... nothing will be done.

Blizzard cant detect ************ wich is most used bot... they are taking them to court now... will take 2 years at least like with glider.

No worries.. bot strong.. and report if you like, im sure, no one cares!
    Quote Originally Posted by Valdemar View Post
    Holy shit reading that post made my eyes feel weird. My sight is superfocused too...

fuck this shit man I'm going to sleep

I agree, it's really frustrating. I've found more people using bots while mining than anything else and it's blatantly obvious when they fly over the node, dismount and begin mining in a very mechanical, almost zombie-like way.

I imagine fishing isn't only done to sell commodity fish such as Highland Guppies, Fathom Eels, etc. but also to obtain achievements that take people hours, even days. I'm of course referring to Giant Sewer Rat, Crafty, Ironjaw, One That Didn't Get Away. Hell, some of them might even be trying to get their Sea Turtle. You might try taking a break from fishing if they continue to undercut you... it's unfortunate that they've discouraged you because most people find it to be too boring to be done legit and often turn to the Auction House when needing to buy fish for cooking.

Quote Originally Posted by Mineth View Post
    You know what they say: "If you can't beat them, ...".
    Report them!

Did I do it wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by KingHorse View Post
    I've never had a bot. If I don't have time for a game, I simply don't have time. Is it so hard to just not get the benefits of spending time in the game if you don't have time to play?[COLOR="red"]
    Well said King horse and thank you

---------- Post added 2011-09-14 at 05:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vaii View Post
    I was thinking about that myself and I might actually take a break from fishing unless my guild needs them for feasts. Also why not try and make money while I get my fishing level up?

Quote Originally Posted by webdonkey View Post
    Blizzard cant detect ************ wich is most used bot... they are taking them to court now... will take 2 years at least like with glider
    Oshi-, Blizzard sued HB?! Still got my HB Lifetime. :<<
    Hi