10+ Year Old Account

My First flash Website, College project, feedback needed.

Hey there MMO Champion forums,

So I have a project at College designing a website for a photographer based in Essex UK. This is our first project and we can choose how we design the website, either in flash (flash MX atm) or Dreamweaver or even mix of the two. I will be designing my first site in Flash, the other in Dreamweaver and my 3rd design will be mix of both Flash and Dreamweaver.

Now Id like some feedback on my first three pages which I have done although they are not completely finished yet. I will still need to add some code so that the sites are linked, interact correctly and also have to do some more animations, but this is the general idea I am going for.

Please be advised though, its my first project in Flash so I am kind of a newbie, although I am quite fluent in Photoshop, InDesing and Illustrator, that said I LOVE flash! Its hell a lot of fun! :P Specially designing sites in it.

Home Page
    About Page
    Gallery Page
    Contact Page (not started).

I still need to design a contact page and finish it but should do that tomorrow (been working on this for a day). Thumbs are still pixalated so will have to edit that out, but yeh first project anyway ^^

PS:

Free webhosting /flex :3

Thoughts, Ideas?
    -K

15+ Year Old Account
    not bad, animations need to be a lot smoother though and the picture when you hover over the name on the main page that pops up is horrendously annoying
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

I agree with ||Demon||
    He pretty much said it all
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    not bad, animations need to be a lot smoother though and the picture when you hover over the name on the main page that pops up is horrendously annoying
    Thanks ) If I add a stop action (which i wanted to do in first place but didnt know how) would it be less annoying or shall I remove the slide animation completely?

I still need to fix visual glitches like overlapping images, pixalated images and animations but that will be Friday, tomorrow gotta finish it and then do tweaking. Also gotta design another 2 sited :3 only got like 4 weeks to go which has to also be spent on rough ideas.... then again i could do all this at home but meh...

Thanks for insigh! :P

PS:

Been looking at different sites to give me inspiration. Wanna see also what other kids in my class make, there is some really good photoshop kid which makes awesome youtube backgrounds but they are all still doing research :O gonna still his ideas! *shh* hehe jokes :P
    Last edited by Mister K; 2011-09-14 at 07:26 PM.
    -K

15+ Year Old Account
    lots of designers take ideas, just tweak them enough that they become your own.

i think the animation should be gone all together, i just don't get the point of an image floating in when you hover over the name of the site
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    lots of designers take ideas, just tweak them enough that they become your own.

i think the animation should be gone all together, i just don't get the point of an image floating in when you hover over the name of the site
    True, yeh will remove it. You right it doesn't really make sense heh :P Its also annoying
    -K

Idk if it will count against you or not but the first sentence on the "About" page reads weird. Is bespoke a company name or a type of photography style? It's sort of unclear. Some reworking there would make it work better (for instance if it is a company then created would fit better than creates).

if you want some inspiration, the guys at templatemonster.com do some inspiring stuff, go check em out.
    proud participant of the most epic thread ever: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...an-made/page36

Deleted
    Loading took some time.

Consider a preloader

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Idk if it will count against you or not but the first sentence on the "About" page reads weird. Is bespoke a company name or a type of photography style? It's sort of unclear. Some reworking there would make it work better (for instance if it is a company then created would fit better than creates).
    The text is supplied by the photographer for our College project, dont think he want us to manipulate his images or information.

Thanks Stace, didnt even see a reply to this topic! :O Didnt notify me heh,

Anyway here is a update hosted on some junk free server :P

http://icfx.comyr.com/William%20Moor...E%20save21.swf

____

Need to Fix:

Pixalation on some images
    Add buttons to each of the images to return to the gallery
    Add preloaded
    Add contact page
    Any other minors

___

Had to redo whole design and put it into 1 flash document rather then having multi documents. Quite confusing... so many layers and frames :3 Anymore and my brain will melt .... Whats more i still have shitloads of technical research to do .... grrr.... oh and gotta draw rough ideas ... /cry
    -K

I found the navigation rollers annoying when clicked. When you hover over them they grow, and that's fine. But when you're already hovering over them and you click, they regrow. I suppose this isn't truly an issue since when the site is finished the next page will begin loading, so the user won't notice the regrow. Other than animation fps that was already mentioned, I didn't find anything else.

Deleted
    I see where you're going with it and the idea is nice. Looks good. Animations are a bit choppy though so you should...fix..that.

Yeah

15+ Year Old Account
    each pages needs a full navigation menu, having to go to the home page to go anywhere else gets annoying fast

also you cant close an image once you click on it to make it bigger in the gallery