How to set yourself up to make gold

The Steady On Plan
    Tired of being poor, Level your main to 85 and at least 2 alts to the 80’s/84 and get a bank toon with a guild.

You need at least 3 alts.
    1. Main ( for raiding, PvP, actual fun, and 2 professions maxed out)
    2. Bank alt for all of your selling and buying needs that has been used
    to purchase a guild. At least level 10 so it can move from city to city easily as centers of action change.
    3. 2 crafting/gathering alts.

How do you set yourself up then?

In real life corporations that make the most money are repeat purchase corporations. Gas, fast food, beverages, etc. After these are brand name living requirements. Food, clothing retails, travel agencies etc. And then there are the big ticket items like sporting goods, cars, education, season tickets to a football game etc.

So in WOW we assign the above values as follows;

Fast food = alchemy, jewel crafting and [cooking]

Brand names = inscription, gathering (herbs, food, ore, leather, parts), enchanting

Big ticket items = tailoring, blacksmithing, leatherworking

Your main that you spend the most time on day to day should have 1 of the first mentioned professions maxed out. This toon should also have the gathering profession that supports this, mining for JC and Herbing for Alchemy. So the real question is what should my first crafting alt be? I would recommend that you choose one that does not detract from your main toons ability to produce. If you are a JC Miner then do not choose blacksmithing. If you go alchemy then don’t choose inscription.
    So try this;

Main = JC/miner or Alchemy/ Herbalist
    Alt = Alchemy/ Herbalist or JC/ Miner
    Alt = Enchanting/tailor
    Alt = Skinner/ leatherworker

As each toon is played they will of course develop their own skills and abilities as a result of leveling one you will gather an inordinate amount of materials that can be used to level the profession skills of the next alt.
    Example, While the main is leveled to 85, it gathers cloth by the bucket load. This is all mailed to the bank toon that owns a guild with a guild bank and as many tabs as you can reasonably afford. When the next toon to be leveled begins he is immediately set up with a bank and all 7 slots with bags are purchased. Then all the cloth is mailed to this toon so that they can level their profession in tailoring quickly without cutting into the leveling time too much.

The point to all of this though is that you use the previous toon to lever you alts to fast leveling so that you can then turn their professions toward gold earning. They will then feed off of each other for materials rather than having to purchase them from the AH or spend a lot of precious time to gather them.

Finally, get the Remote Auction House access for $2.99 a month added to your subscription. This allows you to sell and buy from your smart phone and your work computer and any other remote access device you use when you are unable to actually play. Hint, try to avoid large purchases of ore or herbs as you are only allowed 200 transactions a day.
    Last edited by Ramman; 2011-09-14 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramman View Post
    Finally, get the Remote Auction House access for $2.99 a month added to your subscription. This allows you to sell and buy from your smart phone and your work computer and any other remote access device you use when you are unable to actually play. Hint, try to avoid large purchases of ore or herbs as you are only allowed 200 transactions a day.
    How well does Remote AH allow you to handle posting hundreds of items? With that transaction limit it would be useless for me. Is that 200 transactions count against how many auctions I can place a day? In many professions posting/cancelling/posting are very common.

I have never found a single reason to pay to use the AH off hours
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Quote Originally Posted by ZEROWASHU View Post
    How well does Remote AH allow you to handle posting hundreds of items? With that transaction limit it would be useless for me. Is that 200 transactions count against how many auctions I can place a day? In many professions posting/cancelling/posting are very common.

I have never found a single reason to pay to use the AH off hours
    I agree with this. It would only be usefull for reposting high-price items of wich you carry only a few, so you can constantly undercut competitors. But if your reposting gems, scrolls AND glyphs youll hit that cap in no time at all. Infact just Inscription alone wouldnt let you repost everything, even once.

Remote AH is not needed, nor very usefull for most AH needs. Its usefull for undercutting with a few items, to be worth it these need to be high price/high profit items such as crafted epics. And its usefull for swiping cheap mats/items if they happen to come by and you happend to be checking it.

My advice, skip the remote AH. If you do the money-making the right way, it adds virtually nothing.

Well making money for me has never been a problem.

1. Step: Get my father's credit card.
    2. Log in on ***
    3. Set up the amount I want.
    4. Pay.
    5. Wait ingame for my cash.

Been doing it for 4 years now, still haven't got caught.

Just expressing my honesty over the forums.
    Last edited by mmoc99cfbcce04; 2011-09-18 at 02:55 PM.

Orrr you could buy a 60 day game card and trade the code for 10 - 15k easy gold

Quote Originally Posted by marcusgeorge View Post
    Orrr you could buy a 60 day game card and trade the code for 10 - 15k easy gold
    That would be the expensive way to buy gold.

Not that I condone goldbuying in any way (I still consider it cheating... especially giving how easy it is to make it yourself anyway, I average around 15-20k / week without much effort, and I spend 95% of my time ingame raiding)

dont look at it that way....i mean think of it as buying beer or whatever lol its really not that expensive

10+ Year Old Account
    Pets. Neutral AH. Enchanting pets/tournament pets/ all other pets. Win win win.

Quote Originally Posted by zaiid View Post
    Well making money for me has never been a problem.

1. Step: Get my father's credit card.
    2. Log in on
    3. Set up the amount I want.
    4. Pay.
    5. Wait ingame for my cash.

Been doing it for 4 years now, still haven't got caught.

Just expressing my honesty over the forums.
    hope you didn't post your character in any of your previous posts here on mmo champ, or expect it to be sent to blizzard
    Last edited by mmoc99cfbcce04; 2011-09-18 at 02:55 PM. Reason: removing gold selling link from quote

Deleted
    Discuss this without reference to gold selling/buying please