Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Tailor Patterns/ JC Cuts

SO I finally Leveled Taioloring the other day and went to go buy the plans in Twilight Highlands. I had already done this on my Bs and the BS person had about 4 pages of plans to sell. Why does the Cloth Trader only have 2 pages of patterns to trade? BS has about 4 or 5 pages, JC has about 9000 pages worth of cuts, and u can only get those at once every 2 days, then once ever 3 days and then once every 4 days. so why is it that Tailors have so few patterns to buy?

ALSO! is there more than just once JC daily? and if not how can I buy the cuts more often than just once every 2,3,or 4 days?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only 1 daily for JC. Sorry- I know, long haul there.

Not sure why tailoring has fewer patterns, except maybe because BS has much more to make (gear, different weapons, etc), and JC, well, there are a gazillion gems-- Tailoring can only make 1 kind of armor, a few bags, and no weapons- so, there is less to make, I suppose.

Edited to add-- don't forget-- there is a bag pattern you can buy doing the Firelands daily quests.

Quote Originally Posted by SpathaSWC View Post
    SO I finally Leveled Taioloring the other day and went to go buy the plans in Twilight Highlands. I had already done this on my Bs and the BS person had about 4 pages of plans to sell. Why does the Cloth Trader only have 2 pages of patterns to trade? BS has about 4 or 5 pages, JC has about 9000 pages worth of cuts, and u can only get those at once every 2 days, then once ever 3 days and then once every 4 days. so why is it that Tailors have so few patterns to buy?

ALSO! is there more than just once JC daily? and if not how can I buy the cuts more often than just once every 2,3,or 4 days?
    [IMG][/IMG]

Yeah Blacksmiths have to be able to make plate dps gear, plate tank gear, and plate healing gear as well as a few weapons. Leather-workers need to make Leather caster/healer gear, leather agility gear, mail agility gear, and mail caster/healer gear. Aside from cloth spirit gear for priests, one set of caster cloth covers seven specs of dps classes.

Deleted
    Theres only 1 jc daily (if you count the cata ones).
    And yes tailoring only has cloth recipes because cloth only exists of cloth.
    Lw and bs get more because their mats are used for more stuff.

It's because there are less specs to cover. You have spirit gear and non spirit gear. Tailoring also has the crap Dreamcloth system that makes pieces take forever to make since you are limited to 5 per week. You can get more but you need 5 chaos orbs per and that's a ton of dungeon grinding. It would help if Dreamcloth wasn't BoP.

Consider yourself fortunate, tailor. As both a JC and a BS, it takes one hell of a grind to acquire all the vendor patterns for Cata. Personally, JC is much worse than BS. For BS you can take a few days and farm the living crap out of mining then turn your thousands of gold worth of farming in to the vendor for patterns. NOt to mention you've got about 2k worth of patterns in the MF as well to buy. As a JC, you get 1 Daily for 1 token, most of those dailies require 3 common gems that have to be cut while on the daily (Which means you can't stock the cuts as you level JC). By the time you can acquire all the Cata cuts, we'll be a few patches into the next expansion... (Considering you go after ALL the cuts, colored gems, Metas, and Chimera's Eyes) Also, don't forget Epic gems will be coming out soon, most likely they'll do what they did in Wrath and just add them to the daily JC token grind...