Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think I was 12 or 13 I'm not sure.

I was 5...maybe just barely 6. TRS-Model 4. God I miss that machine....she was a thing of beauty.

dad gave me a gigantic old laptop that weighed like 30 pounds when i was 6 or 7, learned my way around DOS with that bad boy..

built my first around 10 or so...remember putting in sticks of 4MB ram and an 80MB HDD....

oh, and off topic: who remembers playing commander keen???

My family has had at least one computer for a long as I can remember. The first pc that was "mine" was a Dell Inspiron 6000 that my parents bought me as a graduation gift. But the family machine might as well had been mine since I was on it constantly (ever since the days when Doom was the sh*t)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyranne View Post
    First of all I searched and found no thread about it so I'm making it.

How old were you when you got your first computer?

My parents gave me my first computer when I was 1 year old (almost 2). It was a 286 and it had 6 awesome games! Pacman, Prince of Persia 1, Mario Teaches You Typing and 3 other games that I don't remember the name.

I remember that to use it I had to put the floppy disk then type C: then 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 to play a game. I still remember that 1 was for Pacman, 2 for Prince of Persia and 4 for Mario Teaches You Typing.
    I was 11
    I won a Commodore Amiga 1000, as a first place prize in the regional spelling bee. I actually still have the thing too boxed up with my atari collection.

At the age of 12 or 13. Intel Celeron 300A without the L2 cache. Over-clocked it first to 400 MHz then 450 MHz and dominated my village in terms of over-clocking and frequencies for good two years(at least). God bless the isolation from technologies and progress of remote villages in Central/Eastern Europe

---------- Post added 2011-09-15 at 10:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dankestbuds View Post
    dad gave me a gigantic old laptop that weighed like 30 pounds when i was 6 or 7, learned my way around DOS with that bad boy..

built my first around 10 or so...remember putting in sticks of 4MB ram and an 80MB HDD....

oh, and off topic: who remembers playing commander keen???
    Commander keen rulez. Not the first part but the ones afterwards. Finished on hardest difficulty with the secret locations too.

486DX when i was 8 years with doom commander keen aladdin return to castle wolfenstein 3d and lion king back in 1994 was later upgrade with 1gb internal HDD and 8mb or ram(costed a fortune back then)
    then a IBM Aptiva Pentium 3 600mhz in 1998 could finally play command & conquer and diablo and Deus Ex 1
    built my own at age 15(2001) was a AMD Sempron 2100 with a 128mb gfx card....remember i was king of the street as only one with a 128 mb Gfx card

Bélthazor Destruction Warlock
    Greviouz Retribution Paladin

Deleted
    My first computer was an Acorn Electron which was just a clone of the BBC Micro, back when I was 6 in about 1983.

Then I got an Atari STFM when I was about 14, and my first PC when I was 17.

It was a 486 DX2 66 with 8mb RAM and a 400mb HDD and a goldfish bowl 14" monitor, with no CD ROM or sound card. Within 30 mins I installed Doom2 and was in heaven! I fitted a sound card and CD ROM within about 6 months so I could play Command & Conquer, and since then I built every PC myself. Fitting a LAN adaptor and taking the PC to my mates house to network Quake was amazing
    Last edited by mmocc84566113a; 2011-09-15 at 09:48 AM.