15+ Year Old Account

Cheapest and easiest crafting prof (besides Alchemy)

^- Title

I want to give my Rogue two usefull (in terms of raiding) professions that are easy to level.
    Alchemy is without a doubt the cheapest. What comes after that?

My other toons on that realm already have Mining and Herbalism, but no Skinner.
    Also already have JC, Eng, Chanter and Scribe, not that it matters anyway, i would take a prof a second time if it's easy enough.

My rogue has JC/BS I use BS to socket my bracers and gloves and use the gems from JC. Tis Pretty good if you have the funds.

since you have mining go with jewelcrafting. as for the secondary i would go with skinning for the skill buff

Choose whatever profession you're willing to farm....

If you're planning on spending gold I'm really not sure anymore whats cheap. Low level mats can be really expensive sometimes.
    Only the dead have seen the end of war. - George Santayana
    Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. - George Santayana

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Scribe and Jc are the easiest I don't know about the cheapest tho... Actually if you have enough gold they are all pretty easy to max out. I have JC/BS I don't know if it still is, but at one point it was the best combo available.

Deleted
    Inscription for sure.
    I leveled engineering and inscription on my hunter a while ago and I spent about 3 times the gold on engineering than I did on Inscription.

10+ Year Old Account
    bs only requires a 400 skill level for the maximum perk which is 2 extra gem slots. Mining the mats for 400 only takes a day or so if you already have a max level miner to do it.
    Last edited by Puna; 2011-09-16 at 09:27 AM. Reason: adding more info

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puna View Post
    bs only requires a 400 skill level for the maximum perk which is 2 extra gem slots
    Those 400 skill levels are still really expensive because noone actually bothers to farm the low level bars so they get quite expensive by the few ones that do.

10+ Year Old Account
    thats why i added the "mine them yourself bit" they say they have a miner already, and no one else is farming them as you say so its a really easy grind for it so very little competition for the raw mats, plus you can sell the extras.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puna View Post
    thats why i added the "mine them yourself bit" they say they have a miner already, and no one else is farming them as you say so its a really easy grind for it so very little competition for the raw mats, plus you can sell the extras.
    Isn't he asking what the cheapest profession is to level, to my understanding that means he doesnt want to farm the mats.
    Could be wrong tho.

Blacksmith hands down for the fact you don't have to level past 400 as many posted. If you have a high level miner its dead easy to collect ore, Thorium was the one I used the most of, and the nice thing is the spares sell well.

After that, who cares. I think LW doesn't require going all the way to 525 but it still is a bear to hit 500. I found the herbalist haste buff to be a nice gathering buff I could control, but if I had to do it over again BS/Tailor or BS/JC. I hated alchemy as to have the bonus I always had to have an elixir at hand (or worse live off of flasks)
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Deleted
    Inscription is by far the cheapest on my realm; especially if you have a friend with inscription just mill a bunch of cheap cata herbs and then you can level it just by sitting in the inscription shop trading down inks as needed (and on my server, cata herbs like cinderbloom are far cheaper than the actual level-appropriate herbs). It's not awesomely useful at 85 for raiding, but does have the shoulder enchant, and the potential to make some money if you're that way inclined.

Inscription is the cheapest & easiest hands down.

Deleted
    inscription difently

Deleted
    I always did herbalism and enchanting

Quote Originally Posted by dipsausage View Post
    I always did herbalism and enchanting
    enchanting is definitely not a cheap and easy prof, you lose money on it, and the payback at level cap it nearly nothing. Before it was nerfed into the ground it was only for the leet, cost a TON to level, and made 10x of the money you spent to level it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellgarrath View Post
    since you have mining go with jewelcrafting. as for the secondary i would go with skinning for the skill buff
    Skinning isn't a raid-useful prof, though

Quote Originally Posted by ZEROWASHU View Post
    I hated alchemy as to have the bonus I always had to have an elixir at hand (or worse live off of flasks)
    Or use the 'arena flask' that gives the same bonus without having to actually flask, (Cata equiv of flask of the north)