Holy Paladin Advice - T11 into T12 gearing.

So I played pretty extensively in 4.0 right through until 4.2 launch, and as a result on my character obtained my 4 Piece T11 and have full 359 (spare for some bracers that never dropped off Cho'Gall...)

I'm nothing special I know, but in the 2 weeks before 4.2 the guild I was in very quickly fell apart for a multitude of reasons and I never got into Firelands raiding. Transferred onto a new server, served a fill-in role in a guild I had joined on Alysrazor and Fandral kills (as Ret), but those were one-time things and definitely haven't done anything since.

With 4.3 looming and nerfs incoming to Firelands, I'm hoping more PuG's will be active and I can actually get through Firelands and gear up. However, I'm not sure what to begin to replace. I notice pieces of gear at Firelands ilvl with no Spirit (which was crucial in T11) and I'm not sure whens ideal (or if it even is ideal to start) to break up the 4PC T11 bonus (which since obtaining it I have found insanely useful.)

What should I be aiming for gearwise as I obtain more T12 gear? Is it worth replacing a 359 item with +170 spirit > a 378 with no Spirit? When to breakup tier bonus? And also is there anything from the firelands daily vendors worth replacing any of my gear with?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...awrey/advanced

There is my armory for all to see. And yes, I played extensively as in the time spent on the game.... was not the kind of person with +30 kills on each boss.

Well, first off, 4p T11 is a net loss. Even the bonus doesn't make up for the lost itemization. The potential for better itemization AND increased stats on higher level gear means you should be pretty eager to break that "bonus". Especially since none of your current gear is Heroic.

Bottom line. Replace everything you've got with anything you can get your hands on. Literally nothing you have is worth saving. DMC:T may last you awhile if you're not planning on going into Heroic Firelands or Sinestra anytime soon, but that's about it.

As for where to go to get the gear... Outside of Firelands there are some new crafted Blacksmithing items that you could have made. Crafted Weapon, Gloves and Boots are all better than what you have now. There is also a BoE 378 Shield that is a direct upgrade to what you're using. And, of course, you can do Heroics for badge gear. Lastly, don't forget the new daily quest hub. There are a few decent pieces of new gear there.

To answer one of your specific questions... 20 ilevels is definitely enough to make something like Haste/Crit better than Spirit/Mastery. High ilevel Crit/Mastery vs lower ilevel Spirit/Haste gets a little bit more tricky and really comes down to your personal mana levels during fights.

Edit:
    Replacing that terrible Spirit trinket with Core would be crazy easy to do since they made the old items take the lower tier of badges. That should be your very first move.
    Last edited by Firecrest; 2011-09-14 at 07:17 PM.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Pretty much what firecrest said. There is a lot of gear that you could get easy to replace your gear with. Break your 4 piece as soon as you have something better, but aim to get 2piece T12 as soon as possible
    --Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do- (B. Franklin)--