Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yikes, I had no idea that Doomguards could crit over 100,000. That's silly! :O
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.

How does one get a doomguard to hit for 60k on avg w/o a gimicky buff like on Halfus? I have 20 mastery and can only get my doomguard to crit for 80k tops with DMC:V, Power Torrent, MWC and Volcanic Potion : /. Enlighten my noobiness, por favor.

Just took a closer look at the log linked earlier. Seems on average his doomguard is hitting for 43-46k, but on try 13 and 16, Drswag's doomguard hit for 60k (critting for 119k). Anyone figured out where the 20k extra base damage is coming from?
    Last edited by Shadowygoodness; 2011-09-18 at 03:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowygoodness View Post
    How does one get a doomguard to hit for 60k on avg w/o a gimicky buff like on Halfus? I have 20 mastery and can only get my doomguard to crit for 80k tops with DMC:V, Power Torrent, MWC and Volcanic Potion : /. Enlighten my noobiness, por favor.

Just took a closer look at the log linked earlier. Seems on average his doomguard is hitting for 43-46k, but on try 13,16 and 17, Drswag's doomguard hit for 60k (critting for 119k). Anyone figured out where the 20k extra base damage is coming from?
    It was hitting a frozen P4 Meteor? I have no idea, check what it damaged.

10+ Year Old Account
    /hands cookie

Quote Originally Posted by Hableqt View Post
    Sorry for the double post, for some reason the 'edit post' wasn't working. It didn't hit meteors and I don't see anything odd going on, maybe he can let us know? Or did he just sum it up to luck.

Nope, from what I can tell all the doomguard's damage was dealt to Ragnaros.

Sorry for the double post, for some reason the 'edit post' wasn't working. It didn't hit meteors and I don't see anything odd going on, maybe he can let us know? Or did he just sum it up to luck.
    I think someone else linked this guy's log just to make a point about doomguards. Would be really nice to know how this guy is getting his doomguard to hit so hard O_o
    Last edited by Shadowygoodness; 2011-09-18 at 03:26 AM.

Deleted
    The extra damage comes from using a different trinket than DMC:V. Moonwell Chalice gives 1700 Mastery which is a sick boost to the Doomguard and Meta as we all know. Well when you add Theralion's Mirror(Heroic) onto that which is another 2178 Mastery; well you see how the Doomguard does soooo much damage. Since it also got used in phase one so it could be lined up with Power Torrent, Volcanic Potion and Blood Fury; it was about as buffed as it could get.

On an interesting side note; has anyone actually done math or simmed using both Chalice and Mirror. On a long fight I'd expect another trinket to beat Mirror; but on short fights at least it should be possible to line up Mirror with Chalice for the first 2 Meta's. More than that and it really depends on how lucky/unlucky you get with Mirror Proccing; but on a fight with a heroism right at the start and only 2-3 Metas used in total I'd think Mirror/Chalice could be the best trinket combo.

Quote Originally Posted by Kholdeh View Post
    The extra damage comes from using a different trinket than DMC:V. Moonwell Chalice gives 1700 Mastery which is a sick boost to the Doomguard and Meta as we all know. Well when you add Theralion's Mirror(Heroic) onto that which is another 2178 Mastery; well you see how the Doomguard does soooo much damage. Since it also got used in phase one so it could be lined up with Power Torrent, Volcanic Potion and Blood Fury; it was about as buffed as it could get.

On an interesting side note; has anyone actually done math or simmed using both Chalice and Mirror. On a long fight I'd expect another trinket to beat Mirror; but on short fights at least it should be possible to line up Mirror with Chalice for the first 2 Meta's. More than that and it really depends on how lucky/unlucky you get with Mirror Proccing; but on a fight with a heroism right at the start and only 2-3 Metas used in total I'd think Mirror/Chalice could be the best trinket combo.
    I agree about the trinkets. Even though sims say this, that or the other, I would imagine any fight in which you pop the doomguard at the beginning with all of your procs that Theralion's Mirror would be better.

Just took a closer look at the log linked earlier. Seems on average his doomguard is hitting for 43-46k, but on try 13 and 16, Drswag's doomguard hit for 60k (critting for 119k). Anyone figured out where the 20k extra base damage is coming from?
    [22:38:57.128] Drswag gains Power Torrent from Drswag
    [22:38:57.581] Drswag gains Revelation from Drswag
    [22:38:57.721] Drswag casts Corruption on Ragnaros
    [22:38:58.920] Drswag casts Demon Soul
    [22:38:58.920] Drswag casts Summon Moonwell
    [22:38:58.920] Drswag gains Blood Fury from Drswag
    [22:38:58.920] Drswag casts Blood Fury
    [22:38:59.162] Drswag gains Dark Intent from Drswag
    [22:38:59.171] Drswag gains Blessing of the Moonwell from Moonwell
    [22:38:59.594] Drswag gains Demon Soul: Felguard from Drswag
    [22:38:59.774] Drswag gains Metamorphosis from Drswag
    [22:38:59.774] Drswag casts Metamorphosis
    [22:39:00.076] Drswag gains Immolation Aura from Drswag
    [22:39:00.076] Drswag casts Immolation Aura
    [22:39:00.780] Drswag gains Dark Intent (2) from Drswag
    [22:39:01.173] Drswag gains Dark Intent (3) from Drswag
    [22:39:01.231] Drswag begins to cast Hand of Gul'dan
    [22:39:02.791] Drswag casts Bane of Doom on Ragnaros
    [22:39:03.867] Drswag begins to cast Shadow Bolt
    [22:39:05.994] Drswag casts Summon Doomguard

edit: Keep in mind, by using Theralion's Mirror (the Revelations buff he gains above) he's not using Darkmoon Card: Volcano, which is a huge hit. In the log linked, yes his DG did 700k more, but he himself did 700k less than the other Warlock, which balances out almost exactly. The difference of course being that in any fight where you can't time all your procs for the DG perfectly, the Volcano person will still be doing the same amount, but your dmg will go down.

I agree about the trinkets. Even though sims say this, that or the other, I would imagine any fight in which you pop the doomguard at the beginning with all of your procs that Theralion's Mirror would be better.
    Rag is not one of those fights, you need the DG for p3 to push to not get 3rd set of meteors. P1 is not a dps race.
    Last edited by clavarnway; 2011-09-18 at 07:16 AM.
    BigCrits.com - real people conquering a virtual world!

Quote Originally Posted by clavarnway View Post
    [22:38:57.128] yes his DG did 700k more, but he himself did 700k less than the other Warlock, which balances out almost exactly
    I see. Point well made. Thank you

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clavarnway View Post
    [22:38:57.128] Drswag gains Power Torrent from Drswag
    [22:38:57.581] Drswag gains Revelation from Drswag
    [22:38:57.721] Drswag casts Corruption on Ragnaros
    [22:38:58.920] Drswag casts Demon Soul
    [22:38:58.920] Drswag casts Summon Moonwell
    [22:38:58.920] Drswag gains Blood Fury from Drswag
    [22:38:58.920] Drswag casts Blood Fury
    [22:38:59.162] Drswag gains Dark Intent from Drswag
    [22:38:59.171] Drswag gains Blessing of the Moonwell from Moonwell
    [22:38:59.594] Drswag gains Demon Soul: Felguard from Drswag
    [22:38:59.774] Drswag gains Metamorphosis from Drswag
    [22:38:59.774] Drswag casts Metamorphosis
    [22:39:00.076] Drswag gains Immolation Aura from Drswag
    [22:39:00.076] Drswag casts Immolation Aura
    [22:39:00.780] Drswag gains Dark Intent (2) from Drswag
    [22:39:01.173] Drswag gains Dark Intent (3) from Drswag
    [22:39:01.231] Drswag begins to cast Hand of Gul'dan
    [22:39:02.791] Drswag casts Bane of Doom on Ragnaros
    [22:39:03.867] Drswag begins to cast Shadow Bolt
    [22:39:05.994] Drswag casts Summon Doomguard

edit: Keep in mind, by using Theralion's Mirror (the Revelations buff he gains above) he's not using Darkmoon Card: Volcano, which is a huge hit. In the log linked, yes his DG did 700k more, but he himself did 700k less than the other Warlock, which balances out almost exactly. The difference of course being that in any fight where you can't time all your procs for the DG perfectly, the Volcano person will still be doing the same amount, but your dmg will go down.

Rag is not one of those fights, you need the DG for p3 to push to not get 3rd set of meteors. P1 is not a dps race.
    Pretty sure he only gets the 700k more damage without including other sources of damage is only because I pop traps and he doesn't and can hellfire more in seeds phase he got just over 200k dmg just from hellfire. So I wouldn't go as far to say he's doing 700k more dmg just because he's using darkmoon card.

Also we have no need for doomgaurd to push the 2 meteors in p3...we don't even need lust now =/ so better to pop it early then pop it again in p4. I realize that's all depending on a guild by guild basis though since raid dps varies from guild to guild

Lastly I just recently juiced up a 2.1k million damage doomgaurd for lulz... looking for the log of that because it was rediculous.

Made by dubbelbasse

Just wanted to add that Ragnaros does take 10% (correct or is it more ?) extra damage when he is rooted so it might be that that is making his DG crit that high.

Quote Originally Posted by kushlol View Post
    Pretty sure he only gets the 700k more damage without including other sources of damage is only because I pop traps and he doesn't and can hellfire more in seeds phase he got just over 200k dmg just from hellfire. So I wouldn't go as far to say he's doing 700k more dmg just because he's using darkmoon card.

Also we have no need for doomgaurd to push the 2 meteors in p3...we don't even need lust now =/ so better to pop it early then pop it again in p4. I realize that's all depending on a guild by guild basis though since raid dps varies from guild to guild

Lastly I just recently juiced up a 2.1k million damage doomgaurd for lulz... looking for the log of that because it was rediculous.
    Fair enough. And that's a good problem to have (not having to use lust/DG p3).
    BigCrits.com - real people conquering a virtual world!

This is probably one of the bugged logs with duplicated lines, we are trying to report them on the forums but the error is in the WoW client itself for some players. And when they upload it they get increased damage. The admin is very busy working on the new WoL however, and doesn't hunt those much anymore.
    Now these points of data make a beautiful line.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelic View Post
    This is probably one of the bugged logs with duplicated lines, we are trying to report them on the forums but the error is in the WoW client itself for some players. And when they upload it they get increased damage. The admin is very busy working on the new WoL however, and doesn't hunt those much anymore.
    Logs aren't bugged here is another log of a rag wipe tonight where my doomgaurd rapes it http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=3081&e=3750

Made by dubbelbasse