Because spriests need our buffs =p

Because spriests are warlock lite?

Deleted
    aff in pvp is the most fun ever

10+ Year Old Account
    ever????

10 chars

10+ Year Old Account
    I got a level 80 Affliction Warlock and it is very fun to play it.

I don't know about pvp, but in pve playing a warlock is more fun than frolicking through a warehouse full of hookers, beer, and illegal fireworks, then murdering them all and feasting on their souls.

Deleted
    this thread is full of idiotic comments.

Just play one and see...

Locks are like hunters, easy for noobs to pick up and do alright with, but very difficult to master... they are a keybind heavy class. That being said, afflic is a pretty cheesy spec atm and the fel hunter hits for a retarded amount. I've tried out all the classes in PvP, honestly, there's a lot of classes that I think are more entertaining.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree. This is subjected to change based on people's view points. For my analysis anyways, you might find leveling to be semi uneventful (At least it was in Vanilla) for a little while, but it picks up later on. Raiding - fun, but it's hard to do if you aren't observant and careful (this is one of the harder raid classes to play, but don't let it get you down, because there is plenty of people who can help you out, including me), PvP - is fun as Demo. It sucks as Destruction (not a good raid spec either imo), affliction is high single target damage, with demo being higher multi target damage. Affliction is slow, Demonology is fast, but CD heavy. It's all compare and contrast. I personally PvP as Demo and raid as Demo. It's my favorite spec (it's semi slow until Metamorphosis). If anyone has any questions just send me a message. I'm always happy to give my input or help you with your lock (from my personal experience Vanilla>Cata).
    Power?!?! I'll show you POWER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by painweaver View Post
    If you would like to see what this class should be roll a shadow priest.
    My first toon and main through vanilla and bc was a lock. I loved it until it was "go shadowmage or bust" and then the class kinda lost it's luster. In Wotlk I made a spriest and fell in love. It reminded me of what a warlock was way back when, minus the pet....which in vanilla you didn't use anyhow while raiding so the whole raid had the imp buff and in bc you sacked the succy for spell power buff.

I tried to go back to my lock a couple times in Wotlk and in Cata but could never get back into it....I feel he's lost to me
    The first explanation means you don't know. The second means you don't understand. The third means you can't accept the answer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I LOOOOVE my warlock... Its my fav DPS toon and my Main

10+ Year Old Account
    i miss destro... oh btw i hate the incinerate animation. wtb a new one.

Signature by Sokogeka

I've always had a massive love for warlocks ever since I first started playing WoW. Recently though, I just don't seem to enjoy the game playing my warlock anymore. Yes, I'm topping meters but I feel I put more effort into it than the other players I raid with. When I go into bg's I get absolutely smashed in the face by everything that moves, I go into arena and my healer will tell me to use my defensive cooldown and I have to suppress my angry sarcastic remark of saying, yes I'll just teleport +soulburn healthstone then and hope they dont find me in two's if its three's all i do is ua/fear and hope I don't get wrecked.

I'm not saying we're in a bad position or that we're unplayable - just the fun aspect from being a warlock seems to have been lost with all the nerf/changes.... if things don't start to look up I'm ready to switch mains to a Prot warrior and go farm other warlocks in spite

Deleted
    its the best class in the game \m/

I agree with penguin to some extent. I mean, I love my warlock, and it is loads of fun, but the class is extremely complicated, and without the right internet, it's kinda hard to master.
    I actually made my warlock for rain of fire.
    But in all seriousness, Locks are really fun.
    My Tumblr. (:
    My warlock.
    My Paladin.
    My Lolking
    Lel I bought my spectral tiger from the horde auction house at 9 in the morning for the sweet sweet price of 1c.

They have been changed a lot in Cataclysm, but I still love my Warlock, and I love to play her, even though the dmg meter doesn't show up skyhigh results.
    And I am Affliction and Demonology. My taste goes something ala Affli-> Destro-> Demo. Only play Affli tbh, but Demo is good to have in AoE situations. But gets kinda boring eventually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been a lock since the week the game launched, still will never change...

-also like new Shadow Bolt animation inc!

Deleted
    I wouldn't know about PvP since I haven't really PvP'ed as Warlock since TBC, but in PvE there is no other DPS class that is as fun as Warlock is in my opinion.

If you'd asked me in BC, I would've said it's as fun as a caster can get. If you'd asked in WotLK, I'd have said the same thing, with Shadow Priest and Frost Mage being right there with it, but Warlock being #1 because affliction and destro were both great. But in Cata, it's just...disappointing.

It's not that they can't be effective, cause they certainly can, but not in the right ways. As it is, they're basically nothing but CC bots and dispel protection, not actual DPS. Regardless of what the end of the game damage meters show, affliction damage is probably the least threatening of all DPS specs. In BGs, even without a healer, I can pretty well ignore their damage and get around to killing him whenever I feel like it. They rely on a pocket healer, a harder hitting DPS complimenting their dots, and a well-placed portal to be any good. Hence why they're decent in 3v3, despite being bad elsewhere.

Then there are the pet bugs. Granted, they're plaguing every pet class, not just warlocks, but it's just one more irritation to throw on with the pathetic damage and survivability. You can pretty well bet that at the start of each BG, your pet bar will be gone and you'll have to summon another, and no matter what, it will stop attacking a target you or a teammate CC in any way. That's not a bug, but it's incredibly annoying.

So yeah. If you're interested in being purely a 3v3 arena support class, it's fine. Not the best and far from OP, but fine. If you're hoping to feel like an effective killer in general PvP, don't bother. Sure, you can win some 1v1 fights with well-used control, but most classes if played right, particularly melee, can train you into the dirt pretty easily. I consider myself a good lock, as it's been my overall most-played class since I started, so I generally do pretty well. But when I'm playing any of my other classes, I see locks as a free HK.

Note: this is all for affliction, cause in the current state of the game in PvP, it's really the only spec worth playing; and since you asked, it's also the easiest for leveling. Demo has a little bit better survivability against melee and can hit fairly hard if left unchecked, but it's the easiest thing in the world to lock one down, and destro doesn't hit nearly hard enough to justify the nuking playstyle. Other nukers hit much harder, have faster casts, more instants, and much better survivability.

Affliction mobility, constant button mashing, and target swapping capability make it pretty fun to play, but when you get right down to it, you're putting out far more effort for far less reward than most classes can just tunnel visioning someone. It's not a class I would recommend at the moment, sorry to say.
    Last edited by Itisamuh; 2011-09-30 at 06:38 AM.