Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    It sounds to me like you're not drinking enough water/getting enough fiber. Irregular bowel movements can be pre-cursor symptoms to severe gallbladder problems, Pancreatic problems, Intestinal problems, etc. If you are getting enough fiber, and getting enough water (~ 1/2 a galon at least a day ), You should get yourself checked out. $40 at the docs could save a few grand on a surgery in the future.

A BM every 3 days is not healthy. 1-2 days tops is what it should be.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've had digestion issues for a couple years now, and at one time I was going to the bathroom 4-5 times a day. I can't have tomato sauce (gives me bad gas and makes my crap red), and various other things that my body simply can't digest very well (like spinach and corn).

But since I started working out, and eating healthy (mainly chicken and broccoli), I'm down to 1, maybe 2, times a day. I also started eating a cup of yogurt every morning as part of my breakfast, which has helped get the "good" bacteria in my digestive tract.

But people going once a week? I'd hate to see the size of your colon.

EDIT: I drink nothing but water all day long. I always have a water bottle near by to sip on. Makes for healthy kidneys.
    Last edited by Rufcat; 2011-09-23 at 12:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do a sport where weight control is necessary, and I can definitely attest that when you drop carbs, you most definitely shit less often and in lower quantities. I drop carbs for basically the entire spring and summer and it makes a huge difference. Nothing really to worry about.

Glad to hear you're losing weight and enjoying it, I always love to hear when people discover that eating healthy and exercising actually makes you feel better. It's so underrated.
    Forever the proponent of special snowflakes everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Manubrium View Post
    From my experience:
    You know how awsome it is when you laid the smack down on the first go around and you're done in 1-2mins and you sometimes wonder "did I even poop alot?" and you look down and it looks like you're going to clog the toilet... those are awsome times imo. Don't judge me or anything but I do enjoy pooping good.
    Haha, I second this!

---------- Post added 2011-09-22 at 08:20 PM ----------

Once every 3 days is too long imho for bowel movemtns, but what do i know? I have IBS, so sometimes I go 4 times a day, sometimes I go only once in 3 or 4 days.